Windows 10: W10 updating HP printer

Discus and support W10 updating HP printer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update screen is wanting me to install an HP print driver dated 2009, have much more current drivers already in use. How do I get rid of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by G_R, Nov 16, 2020.

1. G_R
    G_R Win User

W10 updating HP printer

Windows Update screen is wanting me to install an HP print driver dated 2009, have much more current drivers already in use. How do I get rid of the 'Pending Install'?

But if I go to 'view update history' it reports the update has been 'successfully installed' dated yesterday. So which is it? Don't want it, have been ignoring it when it showed up in the 'Driver updates' for months.

Gary

:)

2. HP printer update failing

There used to be an HP printer on my friend's computer. When it died they purchased and installed a new printer (not HP) which is working correctly. They also uninstalled the HP printer. As it turns out Windows update has been failing everyday for months trying to update the old HP printer.

Here's what I've checked.

1. Under the printers in the control panel there is no HP printer listed. Just the new printer.
    2. Under Uninstall a program there is no HP anything listed.
    3. I found and disabled the HP service running. It stays disabled after restarts, but this issue is still there.
    4. There are no HP processes running under startup processes. Nothing to disable there.

W10 updating HP printer qslJT.png

SpeedyAkron, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Kevin_888 Win User
    HP DeskJet 9670 printer on Windows 10.

Go to the HP Support Web Site as below...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796879

In my case I then needed to go to Step 3 and working through from there - my printer was NOT in the list so I had to select the bottom option 'Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings' and click 'Next', working through their Online
    instructions from there. The next screen will probably give you the option to update the list of printer drivers on your PC: go for that BUT note that it may well appear to have stopped working as it took perhaps 10-15 minutes to update! Go and make a cup
    of coffee in the interim!

If your printer is on one or other of the HP/Hewlett Packard lists then you should be OK, if not, you will need to ascertain which listed printer is the nearest or recommended substitute one to use. HP should have a list of suggestions if it is not too old,
    otherwise try the 9800, which is the one that I have to use for my 9670 (which is A3).

Good luck!

Kevin_888, Nov 16, 2020
  4. W10 updating HP printer

Hp printer

Hello Vanessa,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the model of your printer?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article
    on how to resolve printer issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

W10 updating HP printer

1. W10 updating HP printer - Similar Threads - W10 updating printer

2. HP printer update fails to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP printer update fails to update: I continually have the notification that I have an update for the HP printer. Here's the problem, I don't have an HP printer anymore. I deleted the software. I have even looked for any similar names that might be associated with it but still can't figure out why it continues...
  3. HP printer update fails to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP printer update fails to update: I continually have the notification that I have an update for the HP printer. Here's the problem, I don't have an HP printer anymore. I deleted the software. I have even looked for any similar names that might be associated with it but still can't figure out why it continues...
  4. hp printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp printer: i have a emachine compute with windows 7 on it. im trying to install a hp lazerjet P1102w printer on it but it cant find it. the computer was given to me and i can't change anytrhing cause norton keeps asking if i want program to make changes but it wont let me click yes to...
  5. HP Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Printer: Hi I have a HP ENVY 4520 All-in-one Series printer with Automatic Duplex Unit which as bean printing two sided automatically till I had a windows update now in the settings it says print both sides manually. I can select the Duplex Unit but it won't let me turn automatic to...
  6. hp printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp printer: cannot connect my printer its says its connecting then it says driver not available. i have uninstalled and installed numerous times. it was working then all of a sudden we had a power outage and now it doesnt print form my desk top only my phone....
  7. HP PRINTER

HP PRINTER: HOW DO I FIX ERROR CODE OX8007007E? WHEN I TRY TO PRINT IT KEEPS ON THROWING OUT THAT, IVE TRIED THE TROUBLESHOOT ETC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer/51b47dc2-f643-454c-b964-58c033bf4d00
  8. printer hp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer hp: My Hp printer is not working with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-hp/470480d5-a893-47f4-9ae5-4997edffb4d5
  9. HP printer

HP printer: I have an old HP printer (HP 5610v), it's a great printer and works really well. My issue is since CU/FCU......after I install my printer, the fax portion of the printer is set as the default. This never happened before CU an FCU. I have to manually go in and change it. Then...
  10. HP Printer update fails.

HP Printer update fails.: I got this. [img] So I told it to Install Now and got this. [img] The printer works. Can some one please help me... 44490