Windows 10: W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports

Discus and support W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi So for the third time I'm trying to upgrade my WIN 7 to 10 which works fine but 10 is disabling all of my USB ports on my Sabretooth 990 FX R2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nash04, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Nash04 Win User

W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports

Hi
    So for the third time I'm trying to upgrade my WIN 7 to 10 which works fine but 10 is disabling all of my USB ports on my Sabretooth 990 FX R2 motherboard so I then downloaded the latest drivers from Asus web site and when I try to update the drivers through device manager, Microsoft states that I've the latest drivers which are from Microsoft dated 2018 which my Asus drivers are dated 2016. When you access the driver's tab; it states that the USB controllers has been block due to drivers issue and need to get the latest drivers from the vendor error code 48.
    Asus stated that these drivers are the latest and have been working fine with other customers, also my MB is compatible with 10? I did noticed their driver's extension is .sys and not the regular .inf, perhaps I'm just old school towards extension.

What could be causing this issue?

Thanks

:)

Nash04, Jan 24, 2019

2. W10 trouble with USB port

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Let me help you resolve the issue.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, I would like to ask you a few questions.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What do you mean by “W10 will no longer accept sticks into USB port although has done so on my laptop but not PC”?
    • Can you find any error message or error code on the desktop?
    • Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue after Windows 10 upgrade?

As a work around, I suggest you to download and install the latest USB drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

Please reply with the details and updated status. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 24, 2019
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 24, 2019
  4. W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports

1. W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports - Similar Threads - W10 Upgrade blocking

2. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  3. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  4. External HDD showing on W10 but not on W11 usb port are fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD showing on W10 but not on W11 usb port are fine: I have 2 computers, one with w10 and the other with W11.When I put an USB port to w11 it reads fine, but when I connect and external HDD it wont.... the thing is that on my other laptop with W10 the external HDD works fine., all HDD that I connect on my W11 are not showing on...
  5. External HDD showing on W10 but not on W11 usb port are fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD showing on W10 but not on W11 usb port are fine: I have 2 computers, one with w10 and the other with W11.When I put an USB port to w11 it reads fine, but when I connect and external HDD it wont.... the thing is that on my other laptop with W10 the external HDD works fine., all HDD that I connect on my W11 are not showing on...
  6. USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports: Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub (Powered) solve my problem? Thank you 158777
  7. USB ports

USB ports: When I plug in my power cord to my laptop it is saying "the usb port you just installed is not working." I'm not plugging in to a usb port so I don't know why it is saying this and why it will not work now with the power cord plugged in....
  8. Port is being blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port is being blocked: For context I have used the port in the past on different computers just fine, I have port forwarded in the past with no issue. For some odd reason yesterday my port 25565 was being blocked for no reason, I ended up having the reset my router (ISP instructions) and my Netgear...
  9. USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10

USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10: I have a computer here who's USB ports have stopped worked...mostly after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 The two on the front of the case dont work at all. And the 6 on the back of the machine work for some things but not for others. Mice, drawing tablets and...
  10. No USB kybd or mouse after W10 upgrade

No USB kybd or mouse after W10 upgrade: Running W7 on a modern desktop (Asus mobo) I had put this off for a long time - hoping it would be stable by time I upgrade. Followed full update process - al up to date before upgrade. After 100% upgrade ... it rebooted and got to to login screen - would not accept any...