Windows 10: W10 USB devices not working, stuck on login screen after start from zero

Discus and support W10 USB devices not working, stuck on login screen after start from zero in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've decided to reboot the system using the start from zero option, because it needed some cleaning. After the process was done i realised mouse and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GabrielLupu, Nov 5, 2018.

1. W10 USB devices not working, stuck on login screen after start from zero

I've decided to reboot the system using the start from zero option, because it needed some cleaning. After the process was done i realised mouse and keyboard aren't working, so i'm stuck on the login screen with absolutely nothing to do. Also, i don't have a w10 installation disk.

I've tried restarting the computer, maybe the usb devices started working, but they still don't work.

Any ideas?

:)

GabrielLupu, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Smoofie Win User

W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working

So I have W10 since the release, clean install, and had no problems at all. Last night I just turned off my PC without any problems. But when I start it now, it is stuck in the W10 login screen. I do see the time and date, and the clock on the login screen is working. If I shut down the PC by pressing the power button I also see the shut down screen with my account name. So it isn't frozen.

It seems my USB keyboard and mouse aren't working when booting into W10. I can't even press f8 to boot into safe mode. The kb and mouse are working in UEFI and when booting to the USB repair/installation drive. They also still work in the Windows 7 installation I have on my other SSD which I connected. But I have to boot w7 from the USB repair/install drive and press the "boot another OS menu". When I don't do that and get get the regular w10 menu to ask for which OS to boot into, the kb and mouse aren't working either.

Is there any way to fix it? Sadly enough, I removed my backup image and some recent restore points some days ago, so I only have one from months ago. I do know I tried installing some w10 updates , some of them kept failing to install. I can get my hands on a ps/2 keyboard tomorrow, so I might be able to boot into w10 then. But I still don't know how to fix it then. I can't imagine that the w10 USB drivers or something are gone or broken.

Smoofie, Nov 6, 2018
  3. zinou Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

W10 USB devices not working, stuck on login screen after start from zero [​IMG]

W10 USB devices not working, stuck on login screen after start from zero [​IMG]

zinou, Nov 6, 2018
  4. W10 USB devices not working, stuck on login screen after start from zero

Windows 10 Stuck at login screen

As said in the title, my windows 10 is stuck at the login screen

Couldn't Hold shift and Restart because for some reason i don't have the shutdown button

It's nearly impossible to interact with the login screen, mouse moves but things don't get highlighted and no matter what you write it hever shows up.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Wisam Katanank, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

W10 USB devices not working, stuck on login screen after start from zero

1. W10 USB devices not working, stuck on login screen after start from zero - Similar Threads - W10 USB devices

2. W10 stuck on the log in screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 stuck on the log in screen: A user of the company I'm working in installed updates for windows, after restarting the person send me this What could it be? https://reddit.com/link/tqhi8q/video/eacl77jqb6q81/player submitted by /u/migi1501 [link] [comments]...
  3. Start button not working after W10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button not working after W10 update: The latest W10 update disabled the Start button, search box and power button in Ctrl, Alt, Delete screen. I had to uninstall the update to get the functions back. Every time there is an update I get some sort of collateral damage to important functionality. It makes me very...
  4. stuck in login screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stuck in login screen: hi all as the title suggests i am stuck in the login screen. yesterday i tried booting my pc on safe mode and it requested a password and not the pin i usually use, so i changed my microsoft password booted it in safe mode with networking but it still does not have any...
  5. Stuck at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck at login screen: Hi all. Windows 10 question. aI had power outage today. When I turned my PC back on I was able to log in fine using my PIN which is how I normally log in, but my mouse wasn't working properly. It lit up, the cursor moved, but no clicks were registering. I turned the PC...
  6. W10 Login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Login screen: So my problem is that everytime i boot windows i have to press the OK button bellow the "other user" sign-in to be able to select my actual user on the bottom left corner. Its kind off annoying to do this everytime. Is there a option to get my user as default instead of...
  7. USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10: I have a computer here who's USB ports have stopped worked...mostly after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 The two on the front of the case dont work at all. And the 6 on the back of the machine work for some things but not for others. Mice, drawing tablets and...
  8. USB IrDA devices no longer work in W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB IrDA devices no longer work in W10: Couldn't get my USB IR adapter to work in W10 and found the answer in the link below. http://borncity.com/win/2015/09/02/windows-10-infrared-irda-stack-is-removed/ 24624
  9. W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working: So I have W10 since the release, clean install, and had no problems at all. Last night I just turned off my PC without any problems. But when I start it now, it is stuck in the W10 login screen. I do see the time and date, and the clock on the login screen is working. If I...
  10. No working USB drivers after W10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No working USB drivers after W10 install: Hi. I've done update installs of W10 on 2 of my older computers with W7 64bit systems, no problems at all. Then feeling confident tried it with my latest built computer, also W7 64bit, which has an Asus Sabertooth mb Rev 2, with latest bios. Using the Media Creation Tool,...