Windows 10: W10 v1607 upgrade failure

Discus and support W10 v1607 upgrade failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have been trying to upgrade v1607 to current version of W10. Upgrade runs for a couple hours, then eventually fails with no further information as to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TDCCMC, Jul 25, 2019.

1. TDCCMC Win User

W10 v1607 upgrade failure

Have been trying to upgrade v1607 to current version of W10. Upgrade runs for a couple hours, then eventually fails with no further information as to reason the upgrade failed. So how does one fix this problem?

:)

TDCCMC, Jul 25, 2019
  2. sargan Win User

W10 upgrade failure

Because of the issues yesterday - want to get my W7 license sorted before I attempt upgrade again.

When I put the disc in I get the following window ...

I went a couple of steps in ... it says it will install one copy pre-activated of any W7 version
    I have multiple HD .... could I install on a different HD without impacting current install .... just concerned about impact on BIOS

W10 v1607 upgrade failure [​IMG]

sargan, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 25, 2019
  4. W10 v1607 upgrade failure

W10 1024 - failure to update to latest version

Thanks for this.

I have tried the MCT method as you suggest. From memory I think one is offered two options. Upgrade or create USB. I have attempted both. Upgrade always results in crashing at 40% with a restore back to 1024.

My system has just updated (standard W10 update routine) once more and again 'cannot install'.

Refer below:

W10 v1607 upgrade failure [​IMG]

That list dates back to the 7th of July.

Driving me crazy. I have even tried manually installing the updates where I have found them on the interweb.

Cheers

Alan

alanrcooke, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

W10 v1607 upgrade failure

1. W10 v1607 upgrade failure - Similar Threads - W10 v1607 upgrade

2. failure when upgrading from W8.1 to W10 - error code 0x80004005 - 0x50015

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    failure when upgrading from W8.1 to W10 - error code 0x80004005 - 0x50015: I'm trying to upgrade from W8.1 to W10 on an HP laptop -- Model = HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC, HostOSArchitecture = 1033, FirmwareType = UEFI. It has quad i7 processors, 16GB memory, and 500 GB hard drive mostly empty. I am using the Media Creation Tool and all goes well until...
  3. W10 Upgrade

W10 Upgrade: W10 Upgrade Failures: Upgrades 0xc fail every time and 20H2 always gets stuck at 61%. When I try the W Upgrade Assistant I get a message that it cannot instal as the automatic upgrade stuck at 61% is running.I have tried a few online suggestions but nothing seems to...
  4. W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Upgrade: W10 Upgrade Failures: Upgrades 0xc fail every time and 20H2 always gets stuck at 61%. When I try the W Upgrade Assistant I get a message that it cannot instal as the automatic upgrade stuck at 61% is running.I have tried a few online suggestions but nothing seems to...
  5. W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  7. Installation Failure W7 - W10

Installation Failure W7 - W10: Laptop couldn't install W10, set back to previous state W7Pro. Failure code 0x800707E7-OX3000D. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. Is anyone familiar with this?...
  8. W10 update on tablet failure

W10 update on tablet failure: I have a small tablet which came with W10 pre-installed, and I have updated to the latest versions of W10 as they became available. The latest update in Nov 2018 has left me with a useless tablet and no way of access anything:- The update as such appeared to go OK, but at...
  9. Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure

Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure: But not in the usual way - the Store would not accept the digital license for the W10 Pro I had purchased to do the upgrade - it offered me W10 Home again. So I tried using a physical disc for W10 Pro and it started fine and went online to collect update files to install....
  10. W10 upgrade failure

W10 upgrade failure: Installed all drivers under W7 Ran upgrade checks - and all backups. W10 upgraded proceeded, went to end reboot and presented Login screen Then found mouse & keyboard not working (in fact no USB at all) Found an old PS2 kyb that worked ... not easy finding your way...