Windows 10: w10 v1809 installation is broken

Discus and support w10 v1809 installation is broken in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Or at least it tends to fail on some PCs at the OOBE phase(s). This has been happening to me at least twice now. The only way is to install v1803 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eLPuSHeR, Jan 3, 2019.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

w10 v1809 installation is broken

Or at least it tends to fail on some PCs at the OOBE phase(s). This has been happening to me at least twice now. The only way is to install v1803 and apply v1809 on top of it.

This time it failed for me on an old one core processor pc with 4GB RAM and x64 architecture.

So, it seems that I am keeping v1803 for now.

PS - I hope Microsoft would implement a more straightforward and user friendly installation routine. Get rid of that Cortana crap or at least make it possible to dismiss it.

PS2 - Of course I have checked my installation media and have re-redownloaded latest ISO from MCT. I guess installation chokes on those not-so-fast cpus.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Jan 3, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 3, 2019
  3. delay w10 install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

To get rid of the Windows 10 upgrade, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to control panel, then click on Programs and Features.
    • Tap on View installed updates, then find the update called KB3035583.
    • Now uninstall this update.
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 3, 2019
  4. w10 v1809 installation is broken

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

w10 v1809 installation is broken

1. w10 v1809 installation is broken - Similar Threads - w10 v1809 installation

2. Search Bar on W10 is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar on W10 is broken: I have been having this issue for a month or two now, but whenever I click on search in the taskbar to search something up it crashes and closes after 2 seconds (roughly). I have tried just about any fix on youtube including reinstalling windows but no dice. It's super...
  3. Regarding windows10 v1809 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding windows10 v1809 installation: when i try to install the window10 it shows "windows cannot find the microsoft softawre licence terms make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation." i want to install windows 10 v1809 on my HP NOTEBOOK laptop. please give me an solution to...
  4. How to best re-install W10 after a buggy v1809 update? Best process?

How to best re-install W10 after a buggy v1809 update? Best process?: Hello, I am sure this question has been asked thousands time. Is so, could someone kindly point me to it. There is now too much info when searching. I should perhaps also try Brink on 10forum, superbly pedagogical and to the point. I am fed up trying to get my W10 post...
  5. Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?

Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?: Hello. I'm trying to upgrade a client's Intel NUC's W10 Home Ed. v1803 to v1809, but it's seems to stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, and installing that never finishes (doesn't even ask me to reboot yet!). It already happened five times as shown in my uploaded...
  6. Fed up with v1809 (worst w10 ever)

Fed up with v1809 (worst w10 ever): Hello. I have an old pc (Intel 945GM chipset) running v1803 happily. For some reason v1809 refuses to load. I cannot install it neither via clean installation nor on top of v1803. It seems MS in its infinite wisdom is removing support for old computers. This is the third...
  7. iCloud will not install on Windows 10 v1809?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud will not install on Windows 10 v1809?: Tried to install latest iCloud on my new updated Win-10 v1809 and its telling me that its only compatible with Win-10 up to v1803. Does anybody know of a solution and/or a workaround to install iCloud or does Microsoft have a solution (where are you Microsoft?) this has been...
  8. Windows 10 V1809 Unattended Installation

Windows 10 V1809 Unattended Installation: We are using the following xml file for windows 10 unattended installation. But unable to Pass Keyboard layout selection , Privacy settings, Lets connect (network setup) settings. Could you please help us out. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> -<unattend...
  9. can't install w10 on a "broken" pc

can't install w10 on a "broken" pc: Hello. Yesterday my pc broke. It wont start. It keeps loading on the start up screen for ages. It has something to do with my SO. So im trying to boot a W10 iso from a DVD. When i do it it starts loading files but then it appears a black screen with a white mouse which i can...
  10. Broken W10 install

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken W10 install: Hi, A few weeks ago I upgraded to W10 from W7 on my Lenovo laptop. The laptop was about 3.5 years old, a little slow but generally worked fine. The install process seemed to work ok, but since then I have had huge problems related to boot up and drive usage. 1. Boot up...