Windows 10: W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?

Discus and support W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, We have enabled the SMBv1 feature in Windows 10 and it has been working as it should for the last couple of releases. But starting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/banjoplayingidiot, Jun 23, 2020.

1. W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?

W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug? rsbuW_xn_LLj5-zLUX7UrsDO-UlsI2rknvxmEY0gkRg.jpg

Hi,

We have enabled the SMBv1 feature in Windows 10 and it has been working as it should for the last couple of releases. But starting in v2004, when we start Explorer the window will eventually hang, and the network drive to the SMBv1-share is stuck reconnecting. The whole computer feels slow thanks to it.

Explorer not responding

EventID 30809

EventID 30823

After trying a whole lot of things, the only thing that works is to disable SMBv2/v3 client.

sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

Has something changed? Is this a bug? Anyone else?

submitted by /u/banjoplayingidiot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/banjoplayingidiot, Jun 23, 2020

2. Protocol smbv1 enabled in W10 Fall Creators Update (RS3)

Hi,

On October 17 came the new version of Windows 10: Fall Creators Update (RS3). With this update the smbv1 protocol was going to disappear to improve product safety, but yesterday I was surprised.

I performed a clean installation of RS3 and found that I still had this protocol enabled and could successfully access an old NAS using WS2003. Attached is an image detailing the problem:

W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug? 73ebfb0f-8685-4b2d-8447-d8cec93498c1.png

I found the following information in a couple of Internet articles:

------

Actually, what Microsoft said is that any new computers or clean OS installations after the release of the Fall update would no longer have SMBv1 installed. But for anyone upgrading from an earlier version that still has SMBv1 installed, it will remain and
    continue to function.

"This is not patching, nor upgrading," Pyle said. "This is clean install RS3."

This means Microsoft decision will not affect existing Windows installations, where SMBv1 might be part of a critical system. Users who want to get rid of SMBv1 will still have to manually disable SMBv1 on their existing machines, or perform a clean install
    with Redstone 3.

------

So why do I have smbv1 enabled on my new w10 (RS3)?

References:

SMB v1 *removed* from Windows 10 Fall Creators Update | Sonos Community

Microsoft to Disable SMBv1 in Windows Starting This Fall

Best regards,

Ángel.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

AngelCarton, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Protocol smbv1 enabled in W10 Fall Creators Update (RS3)

Hi Monica,

Thank you for your quick response. I have updated again since version 1703 but I still have smbv1 enabled. I've also opened a case from Feedback Hub.

Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Regards,

Ángel.

AngelCarton, Jun 26, 2020
  4. W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?

Navigation pane Bug? W10

Hi Fred,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. However, I would suggest you to create another user account to reproduce the issue and validate the bug.

Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?

1. W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug? - Similar Threads - W10 v2004 SMBv1

2. SMBv1 keeps getting disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMBv1 keeps getting disabled: Hi All,I've just received a new corporate laptop with exact same W10x64 version 10.0.19042.1526 as the old one. Unlike the old one, which doesn't have any problems using SMBv1 client, the new one rejects my attempts to use it with the following text in the pop-up window even...
  3. SMBv1 keeps getting disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMBv1 keeps getting disabled: Hi All,I've just received a new corporate laptop with exact same W10x64 version 10.0.19042.1526 as the old one. Unlike the old one, which doesn't have any problems using SMBv1 client, the new one rejects my attempts to use it with the following text in the pop-up window even...
  4. Enabling SMBv1 breaks netlogon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enabling SMBv1 breaks netlogon: I need to enable SMBv1 for a domain computer. This computer needs to connect to an SMBv1 LAN. I enabled the optional feature for SMBv1 - but the connection was still refused. I ran these commands: sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/mrxsmb20/nsi sc.exe...
  5. W10 v2004 breaks Browser Emulation on Office Access Form

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 v2004 breaks Browser Emulation on Office Access Form: I have been using Browser Emulation in my Office Access forms since Windows xp. It requires me to install the Registry keys below, and has always worked successfully. Since installing Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 based systems, it no longer works and I cannot view my...
  6. Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update: widows defender block my BitTorrent client after the updated 2004 on windows 10 pro 64 bit and claims its a virus name PUA:Win32/Presenoker potentially unwanted application i dont know if it is false positive i scan it with bitdefender anti virus and it was clean i use...
  7. What's up with File Explorer in Update W10-v2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's up with File Explorer in Update W10-v2004: Ever Since I updated to Windows 10 Version 2004 the file explorer takes from 40s~2min to load and then it doesn't hang on any folder again, but if I close it and open it again it hangs again and also clicking on This PC after browsing any folder starts the hanging again. I...
  8. W10 v2004 text files

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 v2004 text files: Hi, for a variety of reasons i had to do a new install of W10 pro, I keep my subscription keys in text files, some go back years, whwn i try to open an existing text file in notepad or wordpad in the new install the text appears in what looks like a chinese font, i have tried...
  9. Unable to update to w10, v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update to w10, v2004: have tried to update to windows 10 v2004 and have not been successful. It may have to do with my NVIDIA software. I am running GeForce GT 220. I have been able to update to NVIDIA 341.74-desktop-win10-64bit-international. Microsoft states there is a problem with NVIDIA under...
  10. The many bugs of W10

in Windows 10 Support
    The many bugs of W10: I updated from Win8.1 to 10 the 29th of July. Live tiles used to update early on, but no longer do at all - correction: map and news live tiles do work, mail and weather (and app store) don't. Mail doesn't notify Mail doesn't sync I try to set the Mail app to be the...