Windows 10: W10 v2004 text files

Discus and support W10 v2004 text files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, for a variety of reasons i had to do a new install of W10 pro, I keep my subscription keys in text files, some go back years, whwn i try to open an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roncoy, Jun 29, 2020.

1. roncoy Win User

W10 v2004 text files

Hi, for a variety of reasons i had to do a new install of W10 pro, I keep my subscription keys in text files, some go back years, whwn i try to open an existing text file in notepad or wordpad in the new install the text appears in what looks like a chinese font, i have tried looking for fotn , language, culture settings etc but nothing corrects it, the encoding is set to auto and i have tried opening with ansi encoding, i hope that i am missing something obvious but can anyone help?

:)

roncoy, Jun 29, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jun 29, 2020
  3. How to pin an Excel 2007 file to the W10 Start fly-out menu

I have W10 and Excel 2007.

I commonly use a file XYZ.xlsx, and I'd like to be able to do the following.

Click Start --> hover over the arrow to the right of Excel 2007 --> show jump list --> click on XYZ.xlsx, either under the "Pinned" or the "Recent" section.

However, when I do the steps above, nothing shows under "Pinned", even though I've pinned XYZ.xlsx inside Excel 2007, I've opened, saved and closed the file several times, etc. Somehow W10 still doesn't know this is a file I want to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Vince

Uncle Vinny, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

W10 v2004 text files

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Thema:

W10 v2004 text files

1. W10 v2004 text files - Similar Threads - W10 v2004 text

2. w10 stopped previewing TEXT files!

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 stopped previewing TEXT files!: I didn't change a thing in file explorer, but the preview feature does not even work on text files. An answered posted years ago to the same issue said, "click preview pane box, and click/tap on OK." This pane does not exist. What happened?...
  3. W10 v2004 breaks Browser Emulation on Office Access Form

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 v2004 breaks Browser Emulation on Office Access Form: I have been using Browser Emulation in my Office Access forms since Windows xp. It requires me to install the Registry keys below, and has always worked successfully. Since installing Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 based systems, it no longer works and I cannot view my...
  4. Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update: widows defender block my BitTorrent client after the updated 2004 on windows 10 pro 64 bit and claims its a virus name PUA:Win32/Presenoker potentially unwanted application i dont know if it is false positive i scan it with bitdefender anti virus and it was clean i use...
  5. W10, Windows Explorer text color

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10, Windows Explorer text color: Something has changed my test color in the dark theme while viewing Windows Explorer. The background is dark-gray, but the text is all BLACK, making it very difficult to read. What can I do to fix this text color in the dark theme? Is there a registry setting for...
  6. What's up with File Explorer in Update W10-v2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's up with File Explorer in Update W10-v2004: Ever Since I updated to Windows 10 Version 2004 the file explorer takes from 40s~2min to load and then it doesn't hang on any folder again, but if I close it and open it again it hangs again and also clicking on This PC after browsing any folder starts the hanging again. I...
  7. Blurry text in W10

Blurry text in W10: Hello, im having problem with blurry text on windows 10. Many aplications are blurry like this and when I hover mouse over them it goes from blurry to normal etc. Any idea how to fix that? Already tried to change font size or let the windows fix blurry apps. submitted by...
  8. batch file fails after upgrade to v2004

in Windows 10 Support
    batch file fails after upgrade to v2004: The code <<"" nircmd.exe emptybin>> used to clear the content out of the Recycle Bin at startup, but now does not. How might I restore its functionality ? 159331
  9. W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?

W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?: [ATTACH] Hi, We have enabled the SMBv1 feature in Windows 10 and it has been working as it should for the last couple of releases. But starting in v2004, when we start Explorer the window will eventually hang, and the network drive to the SMBv1-share is stuck...
  10. Unable to update to w10, v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update to w10, v2004: have tried to update to windows 10 v2004 and have not been successful. It may have to do with my NVIDIA software. I am running GeForce GT 220. I have been able to update to NVIDIA 341.74-desktop-win10-64bit-international. Microsoft states there is a problem with NVIDIA under...