Windows 10: [W10 V20H2] Does not run Runonce EX

Discus and support [W10 V20H2] Does not run Runonce EX in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning. For a few months, I have been testing on a virtual machine to integrate some tools into the ISO of Windows using the former runonce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DMD, May 4, 2021.

1. DMD
    DMD Win User

[W10 V20H2] Does not run Runonce EX

Good morning. For a few months, I have been testing on a virtual machine to integrate some tools into the ISO of Windows using the former runonce procedure used for years, but I can't make it run, I checked the scripts and they are all ok. Then to not waste time to install the ISO every time to see if it is executed directly the "setupcomplete.cmd" script directly and the log key is created with the launch programs in the path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEX ". But when the system restarts the programs are not executed. Some idea? Cordially thank you

:)

2. DMD
    DMD Win User

Good morning.
    For a few months, I have been testing on a virtual machine to integrate some tools into the ISO of Windows using the former runonce procedure used for years, but I can't make it run, I checked the scripts and they are all ok. Then to not waste time to install the ISO every time to see if it is executed directly the "setupcomplete.cmd" script directly and the log key is created with the launch programs in the path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEX ". But when the system restarts the programs are not executed.
    Some idea?
    Cordially thank you

3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 5, 2021
  4. [W10 V20H2] Does not run Runonce EX

HKLM Run key doesn't seem to be triggering on W10 - but works on W7

Hello folks.

I could use a sanity check on this one. I've got an AutoIt EXE that I've built to accomplish a couple of simple tasks, and I need this to run when a user logs into the machine. So I've got the EXE tucked away at "C:\Windows\Temp\EXEname.exe"

I've got a registry value in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to launch the EXE. On Windows 7, this runs without an issue - on Windows 10, following a reboot the key doesn't seem to be triggered. There are no other Run or RunOnce keys in HKLM\SOFTWARE or HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node.

A couple of things I've tried verifying
    • The path in the registry value is correct - I can launch the EXE from this path manually
    • The EXE is not being launched by Windows (verified through observance and use of procmon)
    • I've tried manually granting full control on the C:\Windows\Temp to a user account for testing and then logging in with that user to verify it's not a permissions issue.

Any other ideas for troubleshooting, or any ideas on changes between W7 and W10?

FlatJackBob, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. [W10 V20H2] Does not run Runonce EX - Similar Threads - W10 V20H2 Does

2. How to use ! symbol in Runonce scanario

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use ! symbol in Runonce scanario: Hi,I would like to know that to using of ! option in Runonce scenario and how it will work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-symbol-in-runonce-scanario/2e79fff0-d345-4c56-ba9b-05d7720b7c98
  3. weekly try to upgrade W10 Pro since v20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weekly try to upgrade W10 Pro since v20H2: Error 80070003 when trying to automatically upgrade and system go back to previous version.How to progress my upgrades? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weekly-try-to-upgrade-w10-pro-since-v20h2/a55ec994-a2bd-492d-a540-754ed21d9a1a
  4. weekly try to upgrade W10 Pro since v20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weekly try to upgrade W10 Pro since v20H2: Error 80070003 when trying to automatically upgrade and system go back to previous version.How to progress my upgrades? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weekly-try-to-upgrade-w10-pro-since-v20h2/a55ec994-a2bd-492d-a540-754ed21d9a1a
  5. weekly try to upgrade W10 Pro since v20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Will Windows 10 run on a Tandy 1000 EX?

Will Windows 10 run on a Tandy 1000 EX?: Will Windows 10 run on a Tandy 1000 EX? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-run-on-a-tandy-1000-ex/acaeb18c-fc94-4da4-b89e-feded5421811
  7. Now running Windows 10 v20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Now running Windows 10 v20H2: Hi all Just an update to my earlier posts... Even though I had used the Windows show/hide program to stop my 4 year old HP Envy notebook updating for some reason it started the update tonight... *Sad panic set in! The first time I tried this both to v2004 and v20H2 the...
  8. W10 V20H2 BSOD 'KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED'

W10 V20H2 BSOD 'KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED': Hi all, I am fighting with windows update for more than 3 weeks. After installing/updating to V20H2 I got BSOD at different intervals 1 min, 5 or up to 15 minutes. Reason: 'KMODE exception not handled'. I've tried clean install on SSD or normal hard disk. I've tried the...
  9. Will Windows 10 run on a Tandy 1000 EX Computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Windows 10 run on a Tandy 1000 EX Computer?: This is talking about if Windows 95 will run on a Tandy 1000 EX Computer or not... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-run-on-a-tandy-1000-ex-computer/1d416cda-b506-489d-8f64-b15930c3a154
  10. Ex-corporate PC upgraded from Vista to W10 will not activate Windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ex-corporate PC upgraded from Vista to W10 will not activate Windows.: I purchased a PC advertised as Windows 10 from a favourite charity shop. It had been upgraded to Windows 10 from Vista and has a watermark in the bottom right of the screen, saying "Activate Windows, Go to settings to activate windows." I have found that this is an...