Windows 10: W10 versus W8.1

Discus and support W10 versus W8.1 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a W8.1 license in 2015 and after a few weeks Microsoft asked me if I wanted to switch to W10 at no cost and I accepted. I've been using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IoanLudosan, Nov 15, 2020.

1. W10 versus W8.1

Hi,

I bought a W8.1 license in 2015 and after a few weeks Microsoft asked me if I wanted to switch to W10 at no cost and I accepted. I've been using the W10 ever since. Now if I want to reinstall W that will be reinstalled W8.1 or W10. I specify that I have a W8.1 license but I think that Microsoft would have highlighted my transition to W10, although then it did not send me another license number and yes, I want to keep W10. Thanhs a lot!

:)

IoanLudosan, Nov 15, 2020
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

RAM usage W8.1 versus W10

I have compared the RAM usage of 8.1 and 10 in exactly the same (virtual) system. They are quasi identical.

W10 versus W8.1 [​IMG]

W10 versus W8.1 [​IMG]

3. fromnj Win User
    Is my sandisk ultra usb 3.0 flash drive compatible w W10 although W8 is highest listed?

Is my sandisk ultra usb 3.0 flash drive compatible w W10 although W8 is highest listed?

fromnj, Nov 15, 2020
  4. monim1 Win User

W10 versus W8.1

Now that W10 is out, are you a W7 / W8 refusenik?

I am still using W8 and want to stick with it for few more days.
    Actually I am wanting for good reviews on W10.

monim1, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

W10 versus W8.1

1. W10 versus W8.1 - Similar Threads - W10 versus

2. W10 DESKTOP PC stuck in automatic repair can't get in winRE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 DESKTOP PC stuck in automatic repair can't get in winRE: Hi, i have a problem with my desktop pc, yesterday it was working normally, in 5 min that i was out of my room, when i got back the pc was reboting continuously, it says "Preparing automatic repair" at startup while the balls are spinning under my MSI logo, the pc reboot....
  3. Print job disappears from queue without printing after recent W10 updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print job disappears from queue without printing after recent W10 updates: I am unable to print from an HP desktop to a wifi connected Office Jet Pro 8740 since installing the March updates. I can see the document word, excel, pdf, image or self test file in the queue briefly then the queue says printing and disappears without printing. I am able...
  4. W10 File Explorer Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 File Explorer Problems: I can no longer see files with network connected storage, NAS and media appliances. Using media center I can see the files and using a MAC they are there. This problem occurred after the April updates....
  5. What's causing my W10 to become super slow after sleeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's causing my W10 to become super slow after sleeping: I thought the point of sleeping was that you can put the computer into sleep mode rather than shut it off and turn it on to save time But if this is not happening for everyone there's something that's gotten messed up on my machine And I'm looking to see if there's common...
  6. Unlink my microsoft account from my w10 pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlink my microsoft account from my w10 pc: I want to unlink my microsoft acc. from my pc but before i do this process, i need to ask that, after the unlink process Do i lose my personal files like videos, photos, softwares, programs, files on my desktop? I mean everything stays where they are,right? I dont wanna lose...
  7. Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home: Hello, If I remember correctly, in previous operating systems I could right click on a disk in Disk Management to be given the option to Offline/Online the Disk. I am using W10 Home, this doesn't seem to be there. Is there a simple way to offline and online a disk which...
  8. How stop the fancy start up background screen on W10, ( not asking to stop sign in. )

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How stop the fancy start up background screen on W10, ( not asking to stop sign in. ): How stop the fancy start up background screen on W10, not asking to stop sign in, Just want to get rid of the do you like this that blah blah. submitted by /u/Adult_InThe_Room [link] [comments]...
  9. GPT versus MBR for W10 boot SSD?

in Windows 10 Support
    GPT versus MBR for W10 boot SSD?: I have a mixture of W10 Pro and Home systems booting from SSD's of various sizes. Several of the newer systems I had preformed a clean install of W8 and set the SSD up as GPT. With the auto update feature for W10 I have ended up with a couple of "old" systems running W10 on...
  10. RAM usage W8.1 versus W10

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM usage W8.1 versus W10: I have compared the RAM usage of 8.1 and 10 in exactly the same (virtual) system. They are quasi identical. [img] [img] 4138