Windows 10: W10 versus W8.1

Discus and support W10 versus W8.1 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a W8.1 license in 2015 and after a few weeks Microsoft asked me if I wanted to switch to W10 at no cost and I accepted. I've been using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IoanLudosan, Nov 15, 2020.

1. W10 versus W8.1

Hi,

I bought a W8.1 license in 2015 and after a few weeks Microsoft asked me if I wanted to switch to W10 at no cost and I accepted. I've been using the W10 ever since. Now if I want to reinstall W that will be reinstalled W8.1 or W10. I specify that I have a W8.1 license but I think that Microsoft would have highlighted my transition to W10, although then it did not send me another license number and yes, I want to keep W10. Thanhs a lot!

:)

IoanLudosan, Nov 15, 2020
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

RAM usage W8.1 versus W10

I have compared the RAM usage of 8.1 and 10 in exactly the same (virtual) system. They are quasi identical.

W10 versus W8.1 [​IMG]

W10 versus W8.1 [​IMG]

3. fromnj Win User
    Is my sandisk ultra usb 3.0 flash drive compatible w W10 although W8 is highest listed?

Is my sandisk ultra usb 3.0 flash drive compatible w W10 although W8 is highest listed?

fromnj, Nov 15, 2020
  4. monim1 Win User

W10 versus W8.1

Now that W10 is out, are you a W7 / W8 refusenik?

I am still using W8 and want to stick with it for few more days.
    Actually I am wanting for good reviews on W10.

monim1, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

W10 versus W8.1

1. W10 versus W8.1 - Similar Threads - W10 versus

2. Reinstall W10 w/out a microsoft accoutn

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall W10 w/out a microsoft accoutn: I'm trying to reinstall w10 on an older Toshiba laptop. The laptop will only need a local account. I can not get pass the 'Let's add your account' screen. I don't need or want a microsoft account on this device. There is no option to skip or set up later. How can I pass this...
  3. Struggling between W10 and W11

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Struggling between W10 and W11: So i use windows 11 at work, but at home i have windows 10 (pc isnt compatable for W11) and both at work and home i have a 2 monitor setup one portrait one landscape. at work i am able to stack tabs on top of eachother on the portrait monitor while being maximized screens,...
  4. As the W10 EOS date approaches, anyone considering paying for Extended Support?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    As the W10 EOS date approaches, anyone considering paying for Extended Support?: https://www.theverge.com/2023/12/5/23988896/microsoft-windows-10-extended-security-updates-consumers-paid Anyone have any idea how much will Microsoft charge to consumer clients for this? submitted by /u/Bib_fortune [link] [comments]...
  5. no longer possible to activate W10 through loggin in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no longer possible to activate W10 through loggin in: i used to download windows 10 iso from internet, installed on my pc and logged in and windows was activated. Now, it keeps to tell me it is not activated. I never had any key, since I updated for free from W8.1...
  6. no longer possible to activate W10 through loggin in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no longer possible to activate W10 through loggin in: i used to download windows 10 iso from internet, installed on my pc and logged in and windows was activated. Now, it keeps to tell me it is not activated. I never had any key, since I updated for free from W8.1...
  7. no longer possible to activate W10 through loggin in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...: ya probe usar estos comandos y sigue sin funcionar, dism /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanupdism /online /cleanup-image /CheckHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealthsfc /scannowtambien probe instalarlo de la forma ISO...
  9. GPT versus MBR for W10 boot SSD?

in Windows 10 Support
    GPT versus MBR for W10 boot SSD?: I have a mixture of W10 Pro and Home systems booting from SSD's of various sizes. Several of the newer systems I had preformed a clean install of W8 and set the SSD up as GPT. With the auto update feature for W10 I have ended up with a couple of "old" systems running W10 on...
  10. RAM usage W8.1 versus W10

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM usage W8.1 versus W10: I have compared the RAM usage of 8.1 and 10 in exactly the same (virtual) system. They are quasi identical. [img] [img] 4138