Windows 10: w10 wakes from sleep after update install

Discus and support w10 wakes from sleep after update install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I did the w10 update fairly quickly when it was available. upgraded from windows 7 using their program. not fresh install. perhaps this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bananapeal, Mar 4, 2016.

1. w10 wakes from sleep after update install

Hello.

I did the w10 update fairly quickly when it was available. upgraded from windows 7 using their program. not fresh install. perhaps this is reason for weirdness.

My computer seems to be waking very often at odd times. using powercfg /lastwake i see one reason is:
    "owner supplied reason: .../blahblah/Media Center/mcupdate_scheduled"

My question: If media center was removed in w10 why does it still have a folder, and why are its pointless scheduled tasks still running? How do I remove these and other waking scheduled tasks?

Please and thank you,

:)

bananapeal, Mar 4, 2016

2. blank screen on lumia 1320 after W10 update. please help!!!!!!!

please after installing W10, when my screen goes on sleep and i try to wake it up it goes blank untill i restart the phone. please help!!!!!;

SethAtivie, Mar 4, 2016
  3. KLC5440 Win User
    windows 10 sleep mode

I had the continually going to sleep problem, requiring me to enter a password to get back. I struggled with the continually going to sleep problem for over a week after the Cumulative Update. It did NOT happen after the initial W10 install. Anyway,
    I finally stumbled on the following: Goto Power Options and set Sleep and Hybernate to NEVER, and Require a password on Wake to NO. THEN, (this is the secret that actually fixed the problem) go to the SCREEN SAVER function and uncheck require a password.
    My laptop now let's the screen go to sleep, but I no longer have to enter a password to wake it up.

KLC5440, Mar 4, 2016
  4. w10 wakes from sleep after update install

bananapeal, Mar 4, 2016
  5. Hello,

I recently saw my computer wake from sleep again. Please. I try investigate on my own but i literally dont know what to do anymore.

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter
    Date: 3/5/2016 11:29:08 PM
    Event ID: 1
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords:
    User: LOCAL SERVICE
    Computer: alexBig-PC
    Description:
    The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎05T23:34:40.230135500Z
    Wake Time: ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎06T06:29:06.923665900Z

Wake Source: Unknown

WAKE SOURCE UNKOWN?? WTF WINDOWS??

Please let me know, am I being hacked? What is happening?

Please and thank you.

bananapeal, Mar 5, 2016
  6. Thank you everyone for your replies,

Turns out windows does know EXACTLY what it's doing. Indeed, the mcupdate scheduled task, (which i disabled above) is still trying to run. Now windows knows it tried to run this however, it marks the log as "unknown event" i imagine because hiring practices at microsoft probably aren't what they used to be.

You must run scheduled task msc thingy (just start typing scheduled task) and find the media center settings. you will find some attempted runs of services and these should all be turned off.

Cross your fingers and hope this works. Who knows, maybe there are 5 other redundant settings to turn off also.

Seriously, M$ said they'd remove media center, but they leave all the settings behind?? WTF is wrong with them?

w10 wakes from sleep after update install [​IMG]

bananapeal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

w10 wakes from sleep after update install

1. w10 wakes from sleep after update install - Similar Threads - w10 wakes sleep

2. Waking from sleep after KB5029244

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking from sleep after KB5029244: My system has been spontaneously waking from sleep after update KB5029244. Before that it remained in sleep until I pressed a keyboard key -- and has done so for years. I have all the prevent accidental wakeup settings enabled, including no wakeup from mouse, network, etc.Is...
  3. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  4. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  5. W10 - BSOD after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 - BSOD after waking from sleep mode: Hello,I have a laptop that keeps getting the BSOD when it comes out of sleep mode with the error code: "Unexpected Store Exception"I have tried checking for corrupted files, reinstalling drivers, scanning for viruses and even reinstalling Windows 10 but the issue still...
  6. Crash After Waking From Sleep

Crash After Waking From Sleep: I got a crash after waking from sleep and I got this from the windows dump file using windbg. What is causing this error?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  7. BSOD after wake from sleep

BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  8. Computer doesn’t wake from sleep after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn’t wake from sleep after update: since your latest updates wake/sleep function wont work. my pc hp desktop 2 years old was ok before. HP tech spent hours trying to sort it .but no joy. both the tabs are ticked in device manager for mouse and keyboard. It will sleep using function and f10, but cant wake it....
  9. Computer waking from sleep after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer waking from sleep after update: Hi, A while back I had an issue where my computer would randomly turn on after being put to sleep/hibernate. I got incredibly frustrated because I would end up waking up in the middle of the night to find out it had turned itself on, or when I got back from work. At some...
  10. BSOD after waking from sleep

BSOD after waking from sleep: Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully someone can help. 25091