Windows 10: W10 went back to w7 and cant load account

Discus and support W10 went back to w7 and cant load account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, shut down pc. Unplugged and plugged it later. Started up, and notice a disk isnt working.a normal hdd. Shut down, remoged the power, opened pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glennone, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Glennone Win User

W10 went back to w7 and cant load account

So, shut down pc. Unplugged and plugged it later.

Started up, and notice a disk isnt working.a normal hdd.

Shut down, remoged the power, opened pc and saw a SATA disconnected. Put it back in.

Powered it again. It prompted a disk check. After that, it went to W7 and couldn't load my account.

Thing is, I've been using W10 for well over a year now on my SSD.

It does boot in safemode, but also w7.

When loading recovery in SM, it finds nothing. Cant access my files.

And F8 on startup leads to W10 system recovery, but my mouse and keyboard dont work here.

How do I fix this WITHOUT having to format my SSD, reinstalling W10 and losing my files?

:)

Glennone, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Glennone Win User

So, shut down pc. Unplugged and plugged it later.

Started up, and notice a disk isnt working.a normal hdd.

Shut down, remoged the power, opened pc and saw a SATA disconnected. Put it back in.

Powered it again. It prompted a disk check. After that, it went to W7 and couldn't load my account.

Thing is, I've been using W10 for well over a year now on my SSD.

It does boot in safemode, but also w7.

When loading recovery in SM, it finds nothing. Cant access my files.

And F8 on startup leads to W10 system recovery, but my mouse and keyboard dont work here.

How do I fix this WITHOUT having to format my SSD, reinstalling W10 and losing my files?

Glennone, Sep 25, 2019
  3. W7 or W10

Hi everyone,

I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags
    in games and in other type of usage. Now I would like to get back to W7 my pc. How can I do it? Obviously I am over the 10 days since upgrade. I, also, do not want to lose my works, software. Any suggestion? Should I buy a new HDD with W7?

LaszloChromicsek, Sep 25, 2019
  4. BobiJoBJ Win User

W7 to W10 upgrade

I have tried to upgrade to W10 home premium from my 64-bit W7 home premium operating system on my laptop. I checked that I meet all requirements and have tried everything anyone ever suggested. I wasted 2 days in December 2015, and still failed.

I had no problem in March 2016 upgrading my desktop W7 Ultimate to W10, so I thought I might try again to upgrade my W7 home premium.

I have now wasted another 2 days in March trying to upgrade the laptop. Either it is a problem with my laptop that the Windows Update Trouble-Shooter does not find, or W7 Home Premium (64) will not upgrade to W10. I give up.

BobiJoBJ, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. W10 went back to w7 and cant load account - Similar Threads - W10 went cant

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  5. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  6. ok loading backup from w7 to w10

ok loading backup from w7 to w10: hi i saved bookmarks and passwords from w 7 to a external drive. now i am trying to put them into new puter with w10 help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ok-loading-backup-from-w7-to-w10/3159fa56-dcd5-4149-8e3a-565f87d2e42d
  7. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  8. Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?: Hi there, I have a small net-top running Win7, which is primarily used as a WMC DVR/TV system in my living room. As is well known, WMC is not part of W10, and isn't coming back. I'd like to upgrade to W10 on this machine to try out some other options that are out there....
  9. VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7)

VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7): For those who are thinking about upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, here's how I did it. I upgraded WIn 7 to Win 10 and then I rolled it back to Win 7 again. Warning: 16mins video from start to finish (you can fast forward at will). Total upgrade and rollback time is about...
  10. Suddenly Going back to W7 while Installing W10

Suddenly Going back to W7 while Installing W10: I was installing W10 and got that black screen with the big white circle. Then, once it restarted. When it booted again, suddenly a screen came up saying "Attempting to Recover Installation" then saying "Restoring your previous version of Windows....". Why does this happen?...