Windows 10: W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in

Discus and support W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BobFoss2, Feb 19, 2021.

1. BobFoss2 Win User

W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in

:)

BobFoss2, Feb 19, 2021

2. Finger print sign-in

Hi,

Since your computer is not accepting your fingerprint anymore, what we can do is to remove all fingerprints from your account and set up a fingerprint again. See steps below:

Removing a fingerprint:

• Open the Settings app, and select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options on the left side, and click on
      Remove
      for Fingerprint under Windows Hello.

Setting up a fingerprint:

• Open the Settings app, and select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options on the left side, and click on Set up
      for Fingerprint under Windows Hello.
    • Click on Get started.
    • Enter your PIN to verify it's you.
    • Scan your finger on the fingerprint reader. You will need to scan your finger a few times to set up with Windows Hello.
    • When all set, click on Close.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Finger Print Sign-in Problems

I've done that. I've removed them and reloaded them several times. The finger print scanner is working and Windows 10 appears to be allowing me to register finger prints. However, the Hello Windows sign in screen will not respond when I try to use
    the finger print scanner. The password and PIN sign in options are available, but finger prints are not available on the Hello Windows screen.

GarnettCraig, Feb 19, 2021
  4. W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in

Sign-in options PIN and Finger Print

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to setup a PIN on my laptop but it keeps telling me "Something went wrong. Try again later." and i have tried restarting or shutting down my laptop and still faced with the same result.

As for Finger Print sign in, i used to sign in with just a swipe then it just wouldn't. Then i uninstalled and re-installed hp simple pass and the same problem keeps coming back.

ZiyadKutbi, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

1. W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in - Similar Threads - W10 longer accept

2. Finger print sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger print sign in: I am really confused by this finger print system on MIcrosoft. I bought a new hp laptop and it came with this option to sign on however I have had to change my finger print a few rimes as it locks me out claiming it does not recogonize my prints. Can someone explain to me...
  3. finger print and pin not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    finger print and pin not working: I have a brand new HP Envy and the pin was set up as well as finger print. Now neither work. The only way to sign in is with my Microsoft password. Please help....
  4. Can use finger print but requires PIN to sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can use finger print but requires PIN to sign in: Today I was going to use my laptop but the lock screen is stuck, so I used fingerprint but i need a PIN to sign in. What do I do and how do I add a new PIN?? I'm stuck on lock screen now and can't log in. I thought my keyboard was the problem but turns out my lock screen was...
  5. Finger print reader will not accept my right index finger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finger print reader will not accept my right index finger: Hello, I have been experiencing an issue with my windows 10 laptop. It will not accept my right index finger. When I try to add it to the biometrics I receive an error - "Sorry, something went wrong. Close windows hello, then try going through the setup again." The result...
  6. finger print on os w10

finger print on os w10: Hi. I had set up a finger print couple of month ago. Then I re installed my windows and all of my data has been removed. now i want to set another finger print but it writes these fingers has saved on other account. I fallowed the orders but when I click on remove the...
  7. Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available

Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available: Hello, I have an HP Envy 13' computer with a finger print sensor. For the past six months or so, since I got my computer, the fingerprint sensor worked for me. Now that I updated it, it says the fingerprint option is not available and that my device doesn't have a scanner...
  8. Cannot sign in with finger print

Cannot sign in with finger print: My computer shows that Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. And also i cannot sign in using finger print. How should i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-in-with-finger-print/d0b4c6c9-8bcf-4815-a62f-02d69dd2396f
  9. Finger print sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger print sign in: Once I set up finger print sign in does it become the default sign in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-sign-in/b6ee96f8-ef05-4d14-95cc-bcb71d7c41bd"
  10. Persona digital finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persona digital finger print scanner: I have built in digital finger print scanner that is saying it is not connected. it worked for a while with Windows 10 but no longer, how do I connect it again? I am using a Dell Vostro. I can't find anything is settings for this......