Windows 10: W10 won't start up

Discus and support W10 won't start up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm working on a PC that won't start up any more. I get the blue screen with the menu's, but not the Windows screen. System restore wouldn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brnrds, Jun 24, 2021.

1. brnrds Win User

W10 won't start up

I'm working on a PC that won't start up any more. I get the blue screen with the menu's, but not the Windows screen. System restore wouldn't work properly, or at least, didn't solve the problems. Tried to do a repair by taking out the HD and check the disk on another PC. It took a long time and problems were found. But it finished. After that, no improvement. Tried to repair the boot sequence by CMD tools. The software includes a Office version (2012, if I'm right? Is there a way to do a reinstall of W10 and save Office? I was able to at least save personal data like doc's and pictures and PST, the last file however seems to have stopped before it could finish. So there is a PST file corrupted of not properly shut off. Tried to get a copy of the HDD to safe important things, but I didn't know how to put it on a USB drive. Start up of the USB device was difficult. I tried Ventoy and Acronis backup without success yet. Ventoy started apparently, but it's not very clear how to back the whole stuff up. There is a Media creation tool, but maybe some one could guide me a bit through the problems? I don't have much info about the device, since I can't use any diagnostic tool yet. It's a Lenovo BFT 71-80 Model 80-RJ I need a repair disc or install disc or at least a start up repair without destroying the whole software. I also need to know if a clean install would copy the activation key, since it was of course a pre installed PC? The device contains a CD/DVD drive but it can't be set to boot from that drive, only from USB.

:)

brnrds, Jun 24, 2021

2. Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Jun 24, 2021
  4. tops Win User

W10 won't start up

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

W10 won't start up

1. W10 won't start up - Similar Threads - W10 won't start

2. Windows won't start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't start up: HelloFew days ago I was getting a message on my desktop computer "USB current....." something and was "shutting down in 15 seconds to protect.......". After an online search it brought me to opening up the machine and cleaning it and then everything worked fine until...
  3. Windows won't start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't start up: HelloFew days ago I was getting a message on my desktop computer "USB current....." something and was "shutting down in 15 seconds to protect.......". After an online search it brought me to opening up the machine and cleaning it and then everything worked fine until...
  4. Window won't start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window won't start up.: When I turn my desktop on it has a black screen with a bunch of letters and words that I don't understand. Then down towards the bottom it says "initializing USB controllers," then after a few seconds it says "done press F10 to enter set up." When I press F10 nothing happens,...
  5. W10 won't start, will only beep

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 won't start, will only beep: Version #: I don't know, the pc won't start so I can't check it. cant even get in to the bios/diagnostic area I hope this is the right section to post, I didn't see anywhere else close to this subject. the machine is a compaq something or antoher. It started freezing...
  6. Won't start up or reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Won't start up or reset: My tower begins the startup, but goes right into repair, but saies unable to repair, Have tried the reset system but it saies there isn't enough memory to do so. As I cannot access the desktop have no idea what I can do....
  7. Slotomania Won't Start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slotomania Won't Start-up: I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I recently downloaded three Playtika games from the Microsoft Store; Slotomania, Caesar's Slots, and Slots-House of Fun. Caesar's Slots and House of Fun work fine; however, I cannot get Slotomania to open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled...
  8. computer won't start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer won't start up: turned computer on just got though updating and it did something to computer I have windows10 but now it saying i have windows 7 i get a blank page and said personal info not responding...
  9. Computer won't start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't start up: When I went to start up the computer, It will not start up. The power indicator light won't light up. There is power going to the computer.as the light on the back is lite up. In July I upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64 bit from Windows Ultimate 64 bit. It has 12gb ram and a 256...
  10. W10 won't start up

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 won't start up: W10 working fine. This morning part way through creating an email it stopped ... only cursor/mouse movement no buttons or apps would work. After an Hr did forced shutdown. Now pc starts ... POST run .. But stay a lot longer on screen than normal .. 3 to 4 tmes) then...