Windows 10: W10 won't start, will only beep

Discus and support W10 won't start, will only beep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version #: I don't know, the pc won't start so I can't check it. cant even get in to the bios/diagnostic area I hope this is the right section to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RobbyK, Dec 30, 2019.

1. RobbyK Win User

W10 won't start, will only beep

Version #: I don't know, the pc won't start so I can't check it. cant even get in to the bios/diagnostic area

I hope this is the right section to post, I didn't see anywhere else close to this subject. the machine is a compaq something or antoher. It started freezing randomly, and was getting worse. My son turned it off one day, and the next day I turned it, pressed escape, then something else, to go into Diagnostic mode, ran check on disk and memory, both came back good. As I tried to back up to beginning to see what else I could run a system check on, the machine just shut down, not as in slowly with the thing going in a circle, but more like a long press on power button.

I tried to turn it back on, the "press esc" button notification came up, then before the windows logo came up, the screen black, and there was one long beep, that never stops until you turn off the machine. If you to press esc, same thing The menu flashes on the screen then disappears and it starts to beeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I've read conflicting things on the internet, I originally thought it had to be the problem in windows, and found some "startup repair software" (Including windows products) all that say they fix the beep. Then however I have found several other things that say it has to be in the hardware because of the beep.

So which is it? I know I can always get the correct answer from they people here. At one time I knew the answers but got out of the habit, so now I have to come here, Thanks guys and girls for the help ya'll are great.

:)

RobbyK, Dec 30, 2019

2. PC won't start

Went to start pc and get the beep. One beep, pause and then repeats. Reseated the RAM and it was working last night.
    Ideas, helpful suggestions or cures would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks in advance for your help.

autigerfan, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Dec 30, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. W10 won't start, will only beep - Similar Threads - W10 won't start

2. start menu button is not launching. [ only beep sound is coming ]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu button is not launching. [ only beep sound is coming ]: Hi all, I start to notice the following issue recently on my laptop.1 - when I click on the start menu button on my laptop it makes a beep sound each and every time I press it. no corresponding window, after 4th time I was able to see the result. [ but the beep noise is still...
  3. start menu button is not launching. [ only beep sound is coming ]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu button is not launching. [ only beep sound is coming ]: Hi all, I start to notice the following issue recently on my laptop.1 - when I click on the start menu button on my laptop it makes a beep sound each and every time I press it. no corresponding window, after 4th time I was able to see the result. [ but the beep noise is still...
  4. Windows update won't turn on beeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update won't turn on beeping: Our HP pavillion all in one computer tried to update to Windows11 yesterday. All seemed fine. We have an updated version of Edge so I thought all was ok. However, when we tried turning it on last night it emitted bios beeps and would not turn on. We managed to do a reset by...
  5. Windows update won't turn on beeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update won't turn on beeping: Our HP pavillion all in one computer tried to update to Windows11 yesterday. All seemed fine. We have an updated version of Edge so I thought all was ok. However, when we tried turning it on last night it emitted bios beeps and would not turn on. We managed to do a reset by...
  6. W10 won't start up

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 won't start up: I'm working on a PC that won't start up any more. I get the blue screen with the menu's, but not the Windows screen. System restore wouldn't work properly, or at least, didn't solve the problems. Tried to do a repair by taking out the HD and check the disk on another PC. It...
  7. Windows Beeping with Lagging in the Start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Beeping with Lagging in the Start: I have a Alienware M15 laptop and windows 10 is running. I’m using Logic Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. There is a annoying beep and key typing lagging when starts the Windows. It’s not ending. Actions Taken: 1. Reset The windows 2.uninstall and reinstall the Audio Driver...
  8. Start menu only works on fullscreen (W10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu only works on fullscreen (W10): This issue really annoy me as I cannot open the start menu normally as usual. But I can open start menu when I set it to fullscreen I don't understand why this happened, and I tried sfc, restart Explorer, Safe Mode, etc. Nothing happen....
  9. W10 won't start up

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 won't start up: W10 working fine. This morning part way through creating an email it stopped ... only cursor/mouse movement no buttons or apps would work. After an Hr did forced shutdown. Now pc starts ... POST run .. But stay a lot longer on screen than normal .. 3 to 4 tmes) then...
  10. W10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 won't boot: I'm dead in the water without a paddle ! Upgraded my Toshiba laptop from Windows 7 to W10. Worked fine for 4 days. I downloaded and installed windows 10 firewall control app. It said it needed to close all apps including Windows Explorer. So I let it. It did its thing but...