Windows 10: W10Pro will not accept admin password

Discus and support W10Pro will not accept admin password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Enabled admin gave it a password Disabled me user 'tom" as admin and left me "tom" as only a user. Rebooted tried to log on as admin and W10Pro... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tomnunya, Oct 19, 2020.

1. tomnunya Win User

W10Pro will not accept admin password

Enabled admin gave it a password

Disabled me user 'tom" as admin and left me "tom" as only a user.

Rebooted tried to log on as admin and W10Pro rejected the new Admin password.

I can not perform any admin tasks now on this machine.

Why would windows not accept the new admin password

I wrote it down 2 different times and verified it.

I sent a copy of the password up to one drive also.

This is a refurbished PC I just got and it did not come with any Disks.

The Operating system W10Pro was activated and updated by myself the day

I received the PC.

:)

tomnunya, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 19, 2020
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Oct 19, 2020
  4. freeboy Win User

admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. W10Pro will not accept admin password - Similar Threads - W10Pro accept admin

2. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  3. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  4. Password not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password not accepted: My correct password is not accepted, also PIN not available error, trying to reset, comes back to same screen asking for password, trued to use command prompt or any troubleshooting asks for password. Suddenly I see 23 users in recorvery option to save files. The Gmail...
  5. Password not accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password not accepted: My correct password is not accepted, also PIN not available error, trying to reset, comes back to same screen asking for password, trued to use command prompt or any troubleshooting asks for password. Suddenly I see 23 users in recorvery option to save files. The Gmail...
  6. Password not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 10 does not accept my admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 does not accept my admin password: After windows 10 2004 Update, my computer Acer Predator G6 started to reboot periodically Kernel Power 41. I had similar issues after each update, so I changerd power options as the were offered as solution. That worked. After last update I went to registry and deleted...
  8. .Password not accepted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    .Password not accepted: OneDrive wasn't accepting my password but my Microsoft Account was. So I changed the password in my Microsoft account but it is the only program accepting the new password. I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Also deleted Authenticator App and reinstalled but it also is...
  9. Window 10 will not accept Local Password @ Admin log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window 10 will not accept Local Password @ Admin log in: The administrator log in changed from auto to manual when windows auto updated on the 18/ january. I do not have the old password & windows will not allow ANY ACCESS. Even when restarting with shift key held down. Unable todo anything W/O password. i need a way to get...
  10. Built in Admin login no long accepts my password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built in Admin login no long accepts my password: And, my user account went from admin to standard user after the two last updates. Now, I can no longer address the issue in Built in Admin mode nor can I do it in my standard account. Please, please, tell me I don't have to reinstall windows 10? *LOL* If I do have to...