Windows 10: W10TP on a Mac via Parallels

Discus and support W10TP on a Mac via Parallels in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night I decided to install W10TP on my MacBook Pro w/Retina using Parallels 9. Running OSX Yosemite, so I had to get the latest update to version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lparsons21, Nov 18, 2014.

1. W10TP on a Mac via Parallels

Last night I decided to install W10TP on my MacBook Pro w/Retina using Parallels 9. Running OSX Yosemite, so I had to get the latest update to version 9 of Parallels to even use it.

Started with a Win7 VM, made a copy of it and upgraded the copy to W10TP. Install was extremely slow and didn't complete the first time and had to restart the upgrade process from the control panel. When done, the results were not great and in fact, not very good.

Here's some notes I took along the way:
    1. Might have worked better with Parallels 10, but I don't use VMs enough to want to pay the money to get it. Parallels notes that version 10 is optimized for Yosemite while version 9 works. I did note that W7 worked a bit slower than it had prior to upgrading to Yosemite and the latest build of Parallels 9.
    2. You cannot go full screen in the VM with W10. You could with W7, but probably some support isn't there in this tech preview.
    3. Overall operation is very slow, no matter what I wanted to do, it took it awhile to load a program and then get data for it. For example, opening the Bing News app took almost 45 seconds to just open the app, and then every story picked took 20-30 seconds to load the story. Other software acts similar.
    4. Numeric keypad on my full size USB Apple keyboard doesn't work with W10 at all.

This was done on a late 2012 MBPr w/8Gb of RAM. The VM was on an SD card and would be part of the slowness of load, but should not be an issue once W10 is running and an app is loaded.

IMO, useless at this point in a VM w/Parallels 9. *Sad

:)

lparsons21, Nov 18, 2014

2. Product Key

It was the main microsoft site as i was guided to it via Parallels for Mac i then created a log in for this on the same site

RossMillard, Nov 18, 2014
  3. N95 8GB - P.C. 0558296 Italian No-Brand

I's out! the official update for 0558296 ( italy no brand).

I updated ( in mac via parallel emulation) yesterday and worked like a breeze!

cristiancontini, Nov 18, 2014
Thema:

W10TP on a Mac via Parallels

1. W10TP on a Mac via Parallels - Similar Threads - W10TP Mac via

2. How to Upgrade from W10 parallels on intel Mac to W11 parallels on M3 Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Upgrade from W10 parallels on intel Mac to W11 parallels on M3 Mac: Currently, I have an 2017 iMac Intel based running Parallels V19 & MS W10 as a VM.I just bought an 2024 MacBook Air M3 based... I installed Parallels V19 moved the key to the new machine and then I installed W11. W11 now asks for activation.Supposedly, upgrading from W10 to...
  3. Product Key for Parallels Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key for Parallels Mac: Hello,I recently got an M1 Macbook Pro and got the free trial of Parallels on it. I'm trying to activate the windows with the product key I got from an old laptop that was never activated Lenovo Thinkpad T550. When I enter the key it gives me the error message: "The product...
  4. Product Key for Parallels Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key for Parallels Mac: Hello,I recently got an M1 Macbook Pro and got the free trial of Parallels on it. I'm trying to activate the windows with the product key I got from an old laptop that was never activated Lenovo Thinkpad T550. When I enter the key it gives me the error message: "The product...
  5. Activation Issue on a Mac via Parallels

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Issue on a Mac via Parallels: I've been running Windows 10 on a Mac via Parallels and just migrated to a new Mac, successfully transferring all data including Win OS. I immediately upgraded to Win 11 which is running ok but I am unable to activate the upgrade by entering my original purchase license...
  6. Activation Issue on a Mac via Parallels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Issue on a Mac via Parallels: I've been running Windows 10 on a Mac via Parallels and just migrated to a new Mac, successfully transferring all data including Win OS. I immediately upgraded to Win 11 which is running ok but I am unable to activate the upgrade by entering my original purchase license...
  7. Activation Issue on a Mac via Parallels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Install on MAC with Parallels 11 for MAC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install on MAC with Parallels 11 for MAC: Hello: I have a MAC that is running Parallels 11 for MAC. I want to upgrade to Parallels 16 and Windows 10 I am currently running Windows XP and need to move to Windows 10. How do I install Windows 10, do I upgrade to Parallels 16 first, then install Windows 10 or some...
  9. WORD When Switching to Mac (via Parallels)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    WORD When Switching to Mac (via Parallels): Hello, Using Mac with that Parallels program so I can switch to Windows 10 side from the Mac. Seems to work fairly well. I have MS Office Home and Student 2016. Box is labeled also: "Mac" I have it installed on the Mac side. Would like to use when on the Windows side too....
  10. Black screen with Windows 10 running via Parallels on Mac

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with Windows 10 running via Parallels on Mac: Hello! A program I was using in Windows (under parallels) on my Mac froze, so I did everything I could to quit the program. I'm not sure what I did, but now all I have is a black screen. [img] How do I fix this and get back into Windows so that I can restart my program...