Windows 10: W10UpgradeAssistant keeps installing even though I'm on Win 10

Discus and support W10UpgradeAssistant keeps installing even though I'm on Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there everyone! Win 10, up to date via update settings I found information to help Win 7 and 8 users to keep it from running but I've not found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by schwim, Jul 24, 2019.

1. schwim Win User

W10UpgradeAssistant keeps installing even though I'm on Win 10

Hi there everyone!

Win 10, up to date via update settings

I found information to help Win 7 and 8 users to keep it from running but I've not found any information for users that are on Windows 10.

Every time I start the OS, I get an error that "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant is already running.". I uninstall it and remove the folder from the C: drive and on next start, the app installs itself again.

Any help keeping it from running would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

:)

schwim, Jul 24, 2019
  2. kajson Win User

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink W10UpgradeAssistant keeps installing even though I'm on Win 10 ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 24, 2019
  4. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

1. W10UpgradeAssistant keeps installing even though I'm on Win 10 - Similar Threads - W10UpgradeAssistant keeps installing

2. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  3. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  4. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Keyboard Keeps Typing The Same Character Even Though I'm Not Hitting the Button.

Keyboard Keeps Typing The Same Character Even Though I'm Not Hitting the Button.: Whenever I click into a text box, the ` key starts spamming repeatedly as if I am holding down the button, but I am not touching it all, usually it goes away when I hit backspace, but having to backspace lines of spam ever time i click into a text box is annoying. I dont know...
  6. HELP: win 10 to win 11 keeps failing , even though Win 10 Update says "Upgrade to Win 11 is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP: win 10 to win 11 keeps failing , even though Win 10 Update says "Upgrade to Win 11 is...: Pls Help:win 10 to win 11 upgrade keeps failing, even though Win 10 Update says "Upgrade to Win 11 is ready --"Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade fails for ALL 3 cases below tried multiple times:Use Windows Update to upgrade to win 11, install fails and gives error: 0x80070002Use a USB...
  7. HELP: win 10 to win 11 keeps failing , even though Win 10 Update says "Upgrade to Win 11 is...

HELP: win 10 to win 11 keeps failing , even though Win 10 Update says "Upgrade to Win 11 is...: Pls Help:win 10 to win 11 upgrade keeps failing, even though Win 10 Update says "Upgrade to Win 11 is ready --"Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade fails for ALL 3 cases below tried multiple times:Use Windows Update to upgrade to win 11, install fails and gives error: 0x80070002Use a USB...
  8. Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator: Hello, I have this issue where I can't install some software. A dialog box appears which says "This app has been blocked for your protection." Even though my user account is adminstrator, I can't un block this software. PLease help...
  9. Administor error even though I'm administor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administor error even though I'm administor?: Hello there, here's the problem. I want to install the driver for a graphics tablet. Unfortunately I always get an error message that an "administor blocked the app". The settings of the user account control are already adjusted downwards and the tip " Then open the path...
  10. Access issues (EVEN THOUGH I'M THE OWNER...)

in Windows 10 Support
    Access issues (EVEN THOUGH I'M THE OWNER...): I'm beyond frustrated with this crap. But here it goes. I'm TRYING to delete my steam directory on my games partition on my SSD because it's not working properly and I want to just delete it and start fresh (since the only game in it is fallout 4). When I try to delete it,...