Windows 10: W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

Discus and support W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve_Davis, Oct 2, 2022.

1. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

Hello,I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".I want to disable this option in Windows 11. I want to be able to resize windows without the adjacent window also resizing. It is missing from where it is supposed to be. Here is where it should be and the options I have available to me.

:)

Steve_Davis, Oct 2, 2022
  2. AndyShi10 Win User

Adjacent snapped window won't resize

I've been using windows 10 for a while now, but after the Anniversary update, I noticed that the draggable bar that appears between two snapped windows is gone. When I resize one snapped windows, the one next to it doesn't resize. It only works when I
    turn on tablet mode. I have the "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped windows" option turned on in settings and also used System File Checker to check for corrupted system files but it didn't find any. I don't know if
    this is a bug in the OS or its just an issue with my computer. Please help.

AndyShi10, Oct 2, 2022
  3. quintajl Win User
    Window 10 snap feature "auto resize adjacent snapped window" no working

Snap feature is missing "auto resize adjacent snapped window"

quintajl, Oct 2, 2022
  4. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

Adjacent snapped window won't resize

We just upgraded to Windows 1703 and this was one of the first things we noticed that seems to have broke. Resizing snapped windows doesn't resize the adjacent window even though it's turned on in the Settings > System > Multiasking section.

Has anyone found a work-around?

RichardMorrisHDD, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

1. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window - Similar Threads - W11 Missing resize

2. Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,...: The original thread in the title was locked so I couldn't continue it, but I wanted to propose an alternate solution to this annoying windows 11 "feature".Use the FancyZones feature of powertoys instead of windows snapping altogether. Power toys can easily be installed from...
  3. Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,...: The original thread in the title was locked so I couldn't continue it, but I wanted to propose an alternate solution to this annoying windows 11 "feature".Use the FancyZones feature of powertoys instead of windows snapping altogether. Power toys can easily be installed from...
  4. Windows 11 misses the option "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 misses the option "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any...: Original question, see: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11-missing-when-i-resize-a-snapped-window/f2752d23-d4e1-4c32-bd49-39324773d7f8?page=2A couple of weeks ago, I discovered AquaSnap https://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnap and I've been...
  5. Windows 11 misses the option "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 misses the option "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any...: Original question, see: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11-missing-when-i-resize-a-snapped-window/f2752d23-d4e1-4c32-bd49-39324773d7f8?page=2A couple of weeks ago, I discovered AquaSnap https://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnap and I've been...
  6. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window: Hello,I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".I want to disable this option in Windows 11. I want to be able to resize windows without the adjacent window...
  7. How to disable automatic window resizing of adjacent snapped window in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable automatic window resizing of adjacent snapped window in Windows 11: [IMG]When you split your screen by two windows and resize one of them, Windows 11 resizes the other window automatically. However, if you want to disable the automatic resizing of the adjacent snapped window in Windows 11, this article will be handy for you. There is a...
  8. Window snapping without resizing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window snapping without resizing?: In Linux Mint, if you drag something to the side of the screen it will "lock" to it, without resizing the window. Is there any way to get the same functionality in Windows 10 at all? I have three screens and my left screen I want to have my foobar2000 docked to the right...
  9. cannot resize my windows; snap wont allow corner snap

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot resize my windows; snap wont allow corner snap: i think therea a problem with my windows drivers. brand new hp spectre laptop- trying to put 3 windows on the screen at the same time- Snap oonly allows me to do 2. and i also notice that the windows resize button does nothing. I am at a loss where to start brent...
  10. keyboard window resize snap?

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard window resize snap?: Do not have Win10, but am wondering something. In Eightforums.com I posted a thread with the title: keyboard window resize snap . It's that annoying 'feature' that occurs when the on-screen keyboard button next to the 'X' button is pressed: which resizes ALL the windows...