Windows 10: W11 - performance/stability issue when massively use opening and closing text file in VBS

Discus and support W11 - performance/stability issue when massively use opening and closing text file in VBS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After migrating from W10 to W11 there is a performance/stability issue when massively use opening and closing text file in VBS at the same time / in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pb_79, Jul 14, 2022.

1. pb_79 Win User

W11 - performance/stability issue when massively use opening and closing text file in VBS

After migrating from W10 to W11 there is a performance/stability issue when massively use opening and closing text file in VBS at the same time / in the same function. Is there any plan to fix it?

:)

pb_79, Jul 14, 2022

2. VBS Msgbox

Denis,

• I was too lazy to compute the size programmatically. And, it the 2005 version the message box always came up hidden, so I always used 0 for the top. It's also part of my OCD to be able to control everything.
    • I personally don't need it to timeout. I used this in vbs files to ask to continue to the next step, skip the next step or cancel the vbs. BTW, I added the code back in but keep it assign it to 0.
    • Sound was calling Windows Media Player: WshShell.Run "C:\Users\donast\desktop\sndrec32.lnk",7,false the lnk is a shortcut on my old desktop that had: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"
      "C:\Users\Public\Music\Wavefiles\Twilight.wav"
    • Yes. The value is the number of the button in the order specified when calling it.
    • Never really thought about it as all my VBS/VBA code is relatively simple and I add comments in the file as necessary to remind me what is going on. I don't usually have anyone to share my code.
    FYI I use a VBS to call it. Here's a line from a test vbs I use to run your version:

choice=Wshshell.run("custommsgbox.vbs " & wscript.scriptname & " ""CopyFiles.vbs done. Continue with UnArchVista.vbs?"" ""White"" ""Black"" 40 ""Yes"" ""No"" ""Cancel""",1,true)

Copy it to a text editor to see all the spaces, etc. Took me a while back the to figure it out.

Don

DRARetired, Jul 14, 2022
  3. What App to use to open a .mht file?

I downloaded the MHTViewer from the Windows Store but it won't open my Windows Steps Recorder files.

I would appreciate very much another suggestion that can view a .mht file that has pictures mixed with text.

EyeInTheSky, Jul 14, 2022
  4. 95Viper Win User

W11 - performance/stability issue when massively use opening and closing text file in VBS

95Viper, Jul 14, 2022
Thema:

1. W11 - performance/stability issue when massively use opening and closing text file in VBS - Similar Threads - W11 performance stability

2. W11 - performance/stability issue when massively use opening and closing text file in VBS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 - performance/stability issue when massively use opening and closing text file in VBS: After migrating from W10 to W11 there is a performance/stability issue when massively use opening and closing text file in VBS at the same time / in the same function. Is there any plan to fix it?...
  3. Win 10 performance, stability & system corruption issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 performance, stability & system corruption issues: Hi, Hopefully the topic header is correctly described ^^" I'm facing an issue currently which involves different .dll files latest one being gdi32full.dll..sorry don't remember the rest as there's a different one each time, popping up at different times: e.g. trying to...
  4. MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2: Hello everyone! I understand that the build is very new but I wanted to ask if what's happening on my pc right now is normal. I own an Idepad Flex 5 14ARE05 with ryzen 5 4500u and vega6 graphics. With 2004 my OpenGL (cinebench R15) benchmark score was around 55/56 fps. Once...
  5. Troubleshooting home network stability and performance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Troubleshooting home network stability and performance: My home network has been having intermittent outages for the past couple of weeks. Comcast/Xfinity support says their service has not had any known disruption. My network consists of a Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V DOCSIS 3.1 modem connected to Comcast Cable service feeding an...
  6. Massive performance drop and file issues after upgrading to Windows 10

Massive performance drop and file issues after upgrading to Windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, prior to that everything worked fine o my PC. Now things are sluggish and slow to respond, even using google chrome has become slower. I also have issues accessing my own files from before the upgrade. I cannot play any of my old video...
  7. 3D builder closes when opening files

3D builder closes when opening files: 3D Builder opens, but when you try to load a file, any file from any directory it closes. No crash report or anything just closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-closes-when-opening-files/cb0e4694-cf52-48ac-9b7f-0d3271f84940
  8. Closing open Files

Closing open Files: I have been a Works 4.5 user for many years. Because of problems with new Canon Printer I was advised to upgrade to Works 9. It is loaded. I have been working with it simi-succesfully. But now when I click Task Launcher and chose the database program I get a message that I...
  9. Windows 10 JScript Text File Open/Close -- File not really closed!

Windows 10 JScript Text File Open/Close -- File not really closed!: This is a flaw in Win-10. Explanation follows. I write a lot of programs in JScript. (This has nothing to do with web development, I'm using JScript as a scripting language.) I have a certain function I use a lot, called "log( )". You give it a string, and it copies the...
  10. WHEN OPENING A FILE FOLDER AND CLOSING IT

WHEN OPENING A FILE FOLDER AND CLOSING IT: WHEN I OPEN A FILE FOLDER AND THEN SUCCESSIVE FOLDERS CONTAINED WITHIN THE FIRST ONE I FIND THAT IN ORDER TO CLOSE OUT I MUST CLOSE MULTIPLE FOLDERS. I WANT TO MAKE IT SO THAT I CAN CLOSE ONE FOLDER AND BE DONE WITH IT. I AM SEARCHING FOR A SETTING TO FIX THIS ISSUE....