Windows 10: W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout

Discus and support W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to remove ENG English US and Japanese Microsoft IME layouts options number 2 and number 3. I Want International layout since i need accents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FedericoMieres, Oct 27, 2021.

1. W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout

I want to remove ENG English US and Japanese Microsoft IME layouts options number 2 and number 3. I Want International layout since i need accents because I live in a latam country W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout :DBut i don't' know how. This is my language and region settingsI mainly want to remove options 2 and 3 because i switch easily between jap and eng with windows switch. But since there are 4 options, i can't switch "easily" between the ones I need

:)

FedericoMieres, Oct 27, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2021
  3. ryloth Win User
    Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

Dear dalchina,
    thank you for the reply, but I am probably missing something.
    As you can see from the attached picture, language settings DOES NOT list the keyboard layout I want to remove (ENG INTL). So, how can I remove a layout that is not listed in the Language settings?

Gianluca

W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout [​IMG]

ryloth, Oct 27, 2021
  4. Lekden Win User

W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout

1. W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout - Similar Threads - W11 Remove extra

2. Remove extra keyboard layouts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove extra keyboard layouts in Windows 11: I wanted to remove the English-US, Arabic 102, and German keyboards, as shown in the screenshot.and i only have Arabic and English language installed, i tried to remove the extra keyboards from the language option but did not work.Any solution?...
  3. Remove extra keyboard layouts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove extra keyboard layouts in Windows 11: I wanted to remove the English-US, Arabic 102, and German keyboards, as shown in the screenshot.and i only have Arabic and English language installed, i tried to remove the extra keyboards from the language option but did not work.Any solution?...
  4. There is an extra keyboard layout in Language bar that I cannot change?

There is an extra keyboard layout in Language bar that I cannot change?: I use English US as display language in Windows and programs. However, I use Serbian Latin as a keyboard layout for writing and using diacritics. Sometimes I write papers in Serbian and sometimes in English always using Serbian keyboard layout. Recently I bought a new...
  5. Can't remove extra keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove extra keyboard layouts: Hello, I use a swiss keyboard, and I type in english and french. I want two keyboard layouts on windows. Both swiss french layout, but one english and one french. For some reason though. I have five layouts see image.I want to remove them, but when I go to settings, they are...
  6. Can't remove extra keyboard layouts

Can't remove extra keyboard layouts: Hello, I use a swiss keyboard, and I type in english and french. I want two keyboard layouts on windows. Both swiss french layout, but one english and one french. For some reason though. I have five layouts see image.I want to remove them, but when I go to settings, they are...
  7. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  8. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  9. W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout

W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout: I want to remove ENG English US and Japanese Microsoft IME layouts options number 2 and number 3. I Want International layout since i need accents because I live in a latam country :DBut i don't' know how. This is my language and region settingsI mainly want to remove options...
  10. Random extra keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random extra keyboard layouts: I've been experiencing this weird ass bug where I just get extra keyboard layouts for no reason. Right now I only have 1 language option (English) with 2 keyboard layouts (English and Latin American Spanish) but when use win+space to switch layouts, extra layouts are added....