Windows 10: W11 Start button and search not working, also the icons didn't change

Discus and support W11 Start button and search not working, also the icons didn't change in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; W11 Start button and search not working, also the icons didn't change. I meant these two icons didn't change when I upgraded to Windows 11. All icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shahriyar Alam, Oct 7, 2021.

1. W11 Start button and search not working, also the icons didn't change

W11 Start button and search not working, also the icons didn't change. I meant these two icons didn't change when I upgraded to Windows 11. All icons are new, but only these icons are old and didn't work.

:)

Shahriyar Alam, Oct 7, 2021

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 7, 2021
  4. W11 Start button and search not working, also the icons didn't change

Start button and search bar not working

Problem that start button and search do not work has NOT been resolved. I have tried the steps suggested in previous answers but this has not worked. Altogether very frustrating and a big turn off to my opinion of Windows 10. HELP!

Original Title: MikeKetley

MichaelKetley, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

W11 Start button and search not working, also the icons didn't change

1. W11 Start button and search not working, also the icons didn't change - Similar Threads - W11 Start button

2. Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.: Hey, I started my PC today on Windows 10 to find my taskbar has no icons on it except for the windows start button and the search icon, along with a few other icons. I did not have this issue yesterday. None of the icons work except for the little "^" icon, I think that's...
  3. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  4. start button, search button not working

start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  5. start button changes in W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button changes in W11: Before Windows 11, the start button was at the lower left corner. Very comfortable. I can’t seem to move it back there. Is it possible?Also in the past, I was able to click the start button, move up to shut down and that was all. Now, I have to click on start, move to a...
  6. start button changes in W11

start button changes in W11: Before Windows 11, the start button was at the lower left corner. Very comfortable. I can’t seem to move it back there. Is it possible?Also in the past, I was able to click the start button, move up to shut down and that was all. Now, I have to click on start, move to a...
  7. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  8. Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?: Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button, so that it shows all Apps in alphabetic order, as in W10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-change-settings-of-w11-start/55e99834-1418-4ff0-af2d-11e44c4b19de
  9. Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?

Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?: Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button, so that it shows all Apps in alphabetic order, as in W10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-change-settings-of-w11-start/55e99834-1418-4ff0-af2d-11e44c4b19de
  10. W11 Start button and search not working, also the icons didn't change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Start button and search not working, also the icons didn't change: W11 Start button and search not working, also the icons didn't change. I meant these two icons didn't change when I upgraded to Windows 11. All icons are new, but only these icons are old and didn't work....