Windows 10: W11 Virtual Desktop- only 3 remain after reboot- why do they automatically delete?

Discus and support W11 Virtual Desktop- only 3 remain after reboot- why do they automatically delete? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello After rebooting W11 I have only 3 virtual desktops, reagrdless of how many I'd created before closing.I've seen threads where there are 200+... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GaryAtkinson_1, Mar 28, 2023.

1. W11 Virtual Desktop- only 3 remain after reboot- why do they automatically delete?

hello After rebooting W11 I have only 3 virtual desktops, reagrdless of how many I'd created before closing.I've seen threads where there are 200+ virtual desktops- I only use between 4 and 7, but after each reboot, only 3 are available. I can create more, but these are deleted every time I reboot.Is there a Registry entry that limits this to 3?Waking from sleep is fine and all still available - just a reboot deletes them. I've tried naming them and also leaving them as Destop 4, Desktop 5 etc.I use Nvidia Desktop Manager and run a dual screen 4k and 2k.Any thoughts?many thanksW11 x64 , Ryz

:)

GaryAtkinson_1, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Try3 Win User

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 28, 2023
  4. kavigihan Win User

W11 Virtual Desktop- only 3 remain after reboot- why do they automatically delete?

Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

Usually, I have 3 virtual desktops active. The applications I use are as follows.

1. Workspace 1 - IDE, Obsidian
    2. Workspace 2 - Firefox
    3. Workspace 3 - Discord, Spotify
    Every time I turn up my laptop, I start them manually and put them into the correct workspaces. I want them to start automatically when I start them. Also, I am aware of vdesk which enables me to open applications on specific virtual desktops. But I don't want any script to run on startup creating applications. My goal is to when I start the application, for example firefox by clicking on the icon or by searching, it should start in the second virtual desktop.

Hope I made it clear. Thanks!

kavigihan, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

W11 Virtual Desktop- only 3 remain after reboot- why do they automatically delete?

1. W11 Virtual Desktop- only 3 remain after reboot- why do they automatically delete? - Similar Threads - W11 Virtual Desktop

2. How can I restore DELETED WMR 3 virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore DELETED WMR 3 virtual desktops?: Hi,A while ago I accidentally deleted I can't remember how exactly the 3 virtual display created automatically when starting WMR.I was not aware at the time that there is a setting option in WMR to do this or, later I found, the registry entry.Now I am unable to open native...
  3. How can I restore DELETED WMR 3 virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore DELETED WMR 3 virtual desktops?: Hi,A while ago I accidentally deleted I can't remember how exactly the 3 virtual display created automatically when starting WMR.I was not aware at the time that there is a setting option in WMR to do this or, later I found, the registry entry.Now I am unable to open native...
  4. Can windows remember virtual desktops after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows remember virtual desktops after reboot: The virtual desktops would be amazing if it could have a way to remember them desktops after a reboot. Unfortunately, without this facility, they are pretty pointless... particularly with windows forcing reboots from time to time....
  5. Can windows remember virtual desktops after reboot

Can windows remember virtual desktops after reboot: The virtual desktops would be amazing if it could have a way to remember them desktops after a reboot. Unfortunately, without this facility, they are pretty pointless... particularly with windows forcing reboots from time to time....
  6. W11 Virtual Desktop- only 3 remain after reboot- why do they automatically delete?

W11 Virtual Desktop- only 3 remain after reboot- why do they automatically delete?: hello After rebooting W11 I have only 3 virtual desktops, reagrdless of how many I'd created before closing.I've seen threads where there are 200+ virtual desktops- I only use between 4 and 7, but after each reboot, only 3 are available. I can create more, but these are...
  7. Virtualization Based Security VBS is reactivating automatically after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtualization Based Security VBS is reactivating automatically after each reboot.: I had to deactivate VBS because it conflicts with my processor's application Ryzen Master. I did it followingthis tutorial and it works but it activates itself after each reboot. I have checked that inside "Administrative templates" the virtualization security is marked as...
  8. Virtual Desktops - Automatically cycle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Desktops - Automatically cycle: I have three virtual desktops on a windows 10 machine that I want to cycle through automatically, every X minutes, to create a slideshow effect of each desktop. Is there a way to achieve this? submitted by /u/tk218 [link] [comments]...
  9. Win10 Automatically reload workflow on virtual desktops after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Automatically reload workflow on virtual desktops after restart: G'day, Now that I have multiple virtual desktops set up for different workflows how do I save these so they re- load/ configure / split screen when I shutdown or restart. Is it possible, say, to install changes and restart but resume the virtual desktop configuration...
  10. Virtualized folder remains

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtualized folder remains: How do I remove my old Win 7 Users directory? Like: D:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\shellext Win 7 is already gone (I'm basically just cleaning out my old disk). MS is very aggressively...