Windows 10: W11

Discus and support W11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; W11Mcrosoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11%E6%9B%B4%E6%96%B0%E5%90%8E%E4%B8%8D%E8%83%BD/31c3db50-89f7-44e6-b919-cc040a6e0b92 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardWeen, May 28, 2022.

1. W11

W11Mcrosoft

:)

RichardWeen, May 28, 2022
  2. Garyw Win User

Poodlefake hardware to Run W11 on MBR only computer

I just installed a new W11 Pro on my System 1 (listed in My Computers) which has an i5-7600 CPU. It installed with no warnings.

W11 [​IMG]

Whynot W11 recognizes the incorrect CPU but W11 doesn't seem to mind. I couldn't find any warnings anywhere that the VM is non -compliant. I had this running for a couple of hours before I realized that the VM wasn't part of the insider program. I added it to the insider program and still no warnings.

I have W11 VM that boots on a mbr setup and that one displays a warning that the system is not compatable:

W11 [​IMG]

Garyw, May 28, 2022
  3. Ghot Win User
    I lasted 30 mins on W11

I pretty much did the same thing you did... In-Place upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11, then did these tweaks...

Windows 11 Tweaks - Leader Board. | Windows 11 Forum

And the results...

W11 [​IMG]

W11 [​IMG]

W11 [​IMG]

I did NOT use Explorer Patcher, although many folks have used it.

It's a good idea to make a full backup of Windows 10, BEFORE you upgrade to Windows 11.
    Then you're not bound by the ten day limit if you want to return to Windows 10.

Then, if you want to play with Windows 11, I would suggest, upgrading to Windows 11, doing the Windows updates, then making a full backup of Windows 11.
    Then, you can tweak all you want, for as long as you want, and if anything breaks, just restore from your backup.

4. jimbo45 Win User

W11

Latest W11 updates check for TPM v2

Hi folks
    Any of you guys thinking of upgrading to W11 -- even if you get a release installed without a TPM the latest upgrades via WU now check for a TPM and won't upgrade even if you are running W11.

One way round that is to run W11 in a Virtual machine with a software TPM emulator -- I think HYPER-V has one and in Linux swtpm package installs the IBM TPM emulator which is recognized by even the latest version of W11.

W11 [​IMG]

W11 [​IMG]

The Windows system also after running tpm.msc will show an icon with a key --last one on the right in the screenshot

W11 [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 28, 2022
Thema:

W11

1. W11 - Similar Threads - W11

2. hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...: ya probe usar estos comandos y sigue sin funcionar, dism /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanupdism /online /cleanup-image /CheckHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealthsfc /scannowtambien probe instalarlo de la forma ISO...
  3. hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...: ya probe usar estos comandos y sigue sin funcionar, dism /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanupdism /online /cleanup-image /CheckHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealthsfc /scannowtambien probe instalarlo de la forma ISO...
  4. hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  6. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  7. Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?: I bought a used Dell Latitude 5590 laptop on ebay that came with Windows 11 RTM Professional Retail. I am concerned there might be a problem with the operating system, because I saw some to me red flags / unexpected results please see attached pictures: 1 wmic command does...
  8. Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?

Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?: I bought a used Dell Latitude 5590 laptop on ebay that came with Windows 11 RTM Professional Retail. I am concerned there might be a problem with the operating system, because I saw some to me red flags / unexpected results please see attached pictures: 1 wmic command does...
  9. Blue screen when some seconds after VPN connect on W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when some seconds after VPN connect on W11: HelloI'm configuring a new laptop where I have updated everything W11, Drivers with HP assistant, ...I'm trying to install our VPN connection without success, each time I have a blue screen.With Sophos Connect, I have immediatly BSOD after connect with message that computer...
  10. Blue screen when some seconds after VPN connect on W11

Blue screen when some seconds after VPN connect on W11: HelloI'm configuring a new laptop where I have updated everything W11, Drivers with HP assistant, ...I'm trying to install our VPN connection without success, each time I have a blue screen.With Sophos Connect, I have immediatly BSOD after connect with message that computer...