Windows 10: W11

Discus and support W11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; W11Mcrosoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11%E6%9B%B4%E6%96%B0%E5%90%8E%E4%B8%8D%E8%83%BD/31c3db50-89f7-44e6-b919-cc040a6e0b92 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RichardWeen, May 28, 2022.

1. W11

W11Mcrosoft

:)

RichardWeen, May 28, 2022
  2. Garyw Win User

Poodlefake hardware to Run W11 on MBR only computer

I just installed a new W11 Pro on my System 1 (listed in My Computers) which has an i5-7600 CPU. It installed with no warnings.

W11 [​IMG]

Whynot W11 recognizes the incorrect CPU but W11 doesn't seem to mind. I couldn't find any warnings anywhere that the VM is non -compliant. I had this running for a couple of hours before I realized that the VM wasn't part of the insider program. I added it to the insider program and still no warnings.

I have W11 VM that boots on a mbr setup and that one displays a warning that the system is not compatable:

W11 [​IMG]

Garyw, May 28, 2022
  3. Ghot Win User
    I lasted 30 mins on W11

I pretty much did the same thing you did... In-Place upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11, then did these tweaks...

Windows 11 Tweaks - Leader Board. | Windows 11 Forum

And the results...

W11 [​IMG]

W11 [​IMG]

W11 [​IMG]

I did NOT use Explorer Patcher, although many folks have used it.

It's a good idea to make a full backup of Windows 10, BEFORE you upgrade to Windows 11.
    Then you're not bound by the ten day limit if you want to return to Windows 10.

Then, if you want to play with Windows 11, I would suggest, upgrading to Windows 11, doing the Windows updates, then making a full backup of Windows 11.
    Then, you can tweak all you want, for as long as you want, and if anything breaks, just restore from your backup.

4. jimbo45 Win User

W11

Latest W11 updates check for TPM v2

Hi folks
    Any of you guys thinking of upgrading to W11 -- even if you get a release installed without a TPM the latest upgrades via WU now check for a TPM and won't upgrade even if you are running W11.

One way round that is to run W11 in a Virtual machine with a software TPM emulator -- I think HYPER-V has one and in Linux swtpm package installs the IBM TPM emulator which is recognized by even the latest version of W11.

W11 [​IMG]

W11 [​IMG]

The Windows system also after running tpm.msc will show an icon with a key --last one on the right in the screenshot

W11 [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 28, 2022
Thema:

W11

1. W11 - Similar Threads - W11

2. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  3. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  4. W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account: Hello,My Windows 11 Settings randomly started to think that my Account is Darrin DeYoung. When I go to Accounts, it shows the correct name. I read online that Darrin DeYoung is a retail demo account and that I should reinstall windows. But it worked fine for 1 Year without...
  5. W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account

W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account: Hello,My Windows 11 Settings randomly started to think that my Account is Darrin DeYoung. When I go to Accounts, it shows the correct name. I read online that Darrin DeYoung is a retail demo account and that I should reinstall windows. But it worked fine for 1 Year without...
  6. W11 - Saving Programme and Files to Specified Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 - Saving Programme and Files to Specified Locations: I've installed a boating app - the Dutch ANWB Waterkaarten - and there is no custom option to specify file location. So I installed it and the programme was installed on C drive in Programmes and User data folders.I uninstalled the app and changed the Windows default file...
  7. W11 - Saving Programme and Files to Specified Locations

W11 - Saving Programme and Files to Specified Locations: I've installed a boating app - the Dutch ANWB Waterkaarten - and there is no custom option to specify file location. So I installed it and the programme was installed on C drive in Programmes and User data folders.I uninstalled the app and changed the Windows default file...
  8. Yet AGAIN a W11 update has stopped my PC restarting. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yet AGAIN a W11 update has stopped my PC restarting. What do I do?: Yet AGAIN a W11 update has stopped my PC restarting.What do I do?It's stuck on trying to do an automatic repair, then keeps going through startup, automatic repair, startup, automatic repair etc., it's in a loop.I bought it new in December with W11 pre-installed and this is...
  9. Yet AGAIN a W11 update has stopped my PC restarting. What do I do?

Yet AGAIN a W11 update has stopped my PC restarting. What do I do?: Yet AGAIN a W11 update has stopped my PC restarting.What do I do?It's stuck on trying to do an automatic repair, then keeps going through startup, automatic repair, startup, automatic repair etc., it's in a loop.I bought it new in December with W11 pre-installed and this is...
  10. When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...

When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...: This is the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-update-to-w11-and-activate-the-secure-boot/cab4c3b1-5f32-4023-9383-d86619931229