Windows 10: W2022 server as Workstation

Discus and support W2022 server as Workstation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi folks managed to get W2022 trial server to be really good as a workstation -- got rid of the various server nag bits like ctrl-delete to logon,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jimbo45, Feb 15, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W2022 server as Workstation

Hi folks

managed to get W2022 trial server to be really good as a workstation -- got rid of the various server nag bits like ctrl-delete to logon, change administrator name to local user, get rid of various other bits of server security.

(Works also on server 2019 too BTW)

note -- if you want themes -- add them manually -- themes created for W10 work just fine -- there's no store app yet for W2022 server. Ist 3 in the list were added manually. Lock screen only has slide show and picture as options so choose your own picture instead of the boring Ms one.

W2022 server as Workstation [​IMG]

two other defects -- OPENSSH server won't install so you can't use a NAS server (non (file explorer).

VPN's won't install either -- some might but nordvpn fails.

Windows to Windows works i.e network browsing is OK if you set SMBV1 on the W2022 server via the server management.

Note also Free Macrium won't install unless it's a server edition -- the stand alone bootable iso works (create from W10 and it's OK)

here's my desktop for "W2022 -- Workstation" !!

Lock screen pic

just about to install photoshop

BTW even the old winamp works !!

The server versions if you spruce them up a bit run a load better than the standard desktops and they don't come with bloat -- Not sure if this is the purpose for which Ms intended them to be used for though.

These things are quite fun -- I think I'm beginning to like all @Edwin modifications --it gets quite addictive during all this covid lockdown.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 15, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Diffrence between workstation and server

Kindly provide the answer . Diffrence betwwen workstation and server

Rajnish Pathak, Feb 15, 2021
  4. W2022 server as Workstation

Diffrence between workstation and server

Hi Micrsoft team,

Hope you doing well !!

Can you give em the answer what is core diffrence between workstation and server?

Thanks and Regards

Rajnish Pathak, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

W2022 server as Workstation

1. W2022 server as Workstation - Similar Threads - W2022 server Workstation

2. The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation...: I am facing a problem when trying to sign in to Windows on a Lenovo ThinkPad L430 supplied by the school. When I type in my username and password. I get the error message: "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust...
  3. how can i connect from W2022 server with AD to generic SMB server in Workgroup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i connect from W2022 server with AD to generic SMB server in Workgroup?: I need log in from W2022 server with fully configured Active Directory domain account to the Linux Samba server with different user accounts with workgroup level security.Problem is - W2022 doesn't allow username without using AD domain.Is there possibility log in from W2022...
  4. how can i connect from W2022 server with AD to generic SMB server in Workgroup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i connect from W2022 server with AD to generic SMB server in Workgroup?: I need log in from W2022 server with fully configured Active Directory domain account to the Linux Samba server with different user accounts with workgroup level security.Problem is - W2022 doesn't allow username without using AD domain.Is there possibility log in from W2022...
  5. Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain: A few days ago, a problem started in this environment and now logging in any Windows 10 machine or any server except the domain controllers takes more than 25 seconds. That is causing several other problems.I have this escenario: a local domain running on domain controllers...
  6. Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain: A few days ago, a problem started in this environment and now logging in any Windows 10 machine or any server except the domain controllers takes more than 25 seconds. That is causing several other problems.I have this escenario: a local domain running on domain controllers...
  7. Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Is it possible to download selected windows updates on servers and workstations?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to download selected windows updates on servers and workstations?: Hello,I have a question about the Windows update on servers and workstations. We have multiple clients who use SCADA systems that eventually run on windows regulars OS and server OS. My question is, is it possible to download a selection of updates, put them onto a cloud...
  9. W2K22 Server - latest version used as a desktop workstation

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W2K22 Server - latest version used as a desktop workstation: Hi folks Latest version of using Evaluation W2K22 server as a Desktop workstation : Note one defect - you can't currently install openssh-server from the install optional features. I needed to set SMB1 otherwise some machines on my LAN couldn't see it (and the reverse this...
  10. on a VM creating W2K19 server as workstation - working well

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    on a VM creating W2K19 server as workstation - working well: Hi folks playing around with these servers is actually quite addictive and great for "wasting time" -- apart from being also a great learning tool on how these things are managed etc they work great as a desktop workstation !!! Gave up on W2k22 server as workstation - too...