Windows 10: W2K19 1809 LTS - shows HYPER-V server !!!

Discus and support W2K19 1809 LTS - shows HYPER-V server !!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks after latest W2K19 Server update (it's based on a lot of W10 stuff or W10 stuff based on the server BTW) so why does it show W2K19 HYPER-V... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jul 14, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W2K19 1809 LTS - shows HYPER-V server !!!

Hi folks after latest W2K19 Server update (it's based on a lot of W10 stuff or W10 stuff based on the server BTW) so why does it show W2K19 HYPER-V Server !!. It's actually the "Standard Edition". Confused here !!!! Any ideas -- this was after the latest cumulative updates based on Jul 2021. The latest update was : Note I'm running this though as a desktop OS - works really well including recording old movies from a UK / S.African classic movie channel "Talking Pictures TV" but can't understand where the HYPER-V thing came from. Some here run W2K19 server so any clarification -- the OS seems though to work just fine anyway as before. @pparks1 you are usually good with servers --any ideas on this --I'm not even using HYPER-V on this server . Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 14, 2021

2. Hyper-V new 'Quick Create' Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS errors on boot

After enabling Hyper-V in Windows 10 Pro and following the 'Quick Create' type wizard in Hyper-V to create a Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS virtual machine, Hyper-V encounters the following two errors when trying to boot this virtual machine.

This is following the completion of the 'Quick Create' wizard to establish the Hyper-V settings for this particular virtual machine.

When starting this virtual machine the window that this is occurring in displays the following two errors:

• Spectre V2: Spectre mitigation LFENCE not serializing, switching to generic retpoline.
    • PCI: Fatal: No config space function found.

This results in the Ubuntu boot up failing and falling back to the Linux Grub menu.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, version 1809 on a HP EliteBook 745 G5 notebook which uses an AMD Ryzen 5 2500u CPU.

Any help much appreciated.

SpaceHopperUK, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      W2K19 1809 LTS - shows HYPER-V server !!! d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

Thema:

1. W2K19 1809 LTS - shows HYPER-V server !!! - Similar Threads - W2K19 1809 LTS

2. hyper v is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hyper v is not showing: HYPER V IS NOT SHOWING HERE BEFORE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11 22H2, HYPER V WAS SHOWING HERE. PLEASE TELL IS THIS A PROBLEM OR NOT, ALSO IF NOT THEN HOW WILL IT BE SHOWN HERE?...
  3. hyper v is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hyper v is not showing: HYPER V IS NOT SHOWING HERE BEFORE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11 22H2, HYPER V WAS SHOWING HERE. PLEASE TELL IS THIS A PROBLEM OR NOT, ALSO IF NOT THEN HOW WILL IT BE SHOWN HERE?...
  4. Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server: Hi AllI have a problem on the Hyper V of replication traffic. I search many KB or the articles in the internet and there are no official information on how to isolate the Hyper V replication traffic Does it anyone know how to configure it for the Hyper V Server 2012R2 and...
  5. Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server

Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server: Hi AllI have a problem on the Hyper V of replication traffic. I search many KB or the articles in the internet and there are no official information on how to isolate the Hyper V replication traffic Does it anyone know how to configure it for the Hyper V Server 2012R2 and...
  6. Hyper V Killing server Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Killing server Storage: We are using windows server 2019 in our data center as Hyper V Host server. we have 5 guest server in Hyper V, all the hyper V data is in D drive, now we are having an issue with storage, everyday the drive increasing 5 GB and we have only 40 GB free Space. can anyone advice...
  7. Hyper V Killing server Storage

Hyper V Killing server Storage: We are using windows server 2019 in our data center as Hyper V Host server. we have 5 guest server in Hyper V, all the hyper V data is in D drive, now we are having an issue with storage, everyday the drive increasing 5 GB and we have only 40 GB free Space. can anyone advice...
  8. W2K19 server 1809 How much longer for support

in Windows 10 Support
    W2K19 server 1809 How much longer for support: Hi folks I can't seem to find a better place for this but does anybody have an idea of how much longer W2K19 server 1809 will be getting support -- can't seem to get any info on it. The Free W2K22 server evaluation / trial is an absolute horror currently (even in test mode)...
  9. hyper-v not show

in Windows 10 Customization
    hyper-v not show: my windows hyper-v setting not shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-not-show/5df2ce39-7253-4239-9806-9fa54ce3694d
  10. Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar: Today, mysteriously both my Hyper-V vms are showing the taskbar of the host instead of the vm in enhanced session mode. They have always shown vm's taskbar until today. I can use the Windows key to bring up vm's task bar, but this is really annoying. Does anyone have an idea...