Windows 10: W2K19 server 1809 How much longer for support

Discus and support W2K19 server 1809 How much longer for support in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks I can't seem to find a better place for this but does anybody have an idea of how much longer W2K19 server 1809 will be getting support --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Aug 16, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W2K19 server 1809 How much longer for support

Hi folks I can't seem to find a better place for this but does anybody have an idea of how much longer W2K19 server 1809 will be getting support -- can't seem to get any info on it. The Free W2K22 server evaluation / trial is an absolute horror currently (even in test mode) !!! Still getting updates for W2K19 server Thanks Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 16, 2021
  2. jimbo45 Win User

W2K19 1809 LTS - shows HYPER-V server !!!

Hi folks
    after latest W2K19 Server update (it's based on a lot of W10 stuff or W10 stuff based on the server BTW) so why does it show W2K19 HYPER-V Server !!. It's actually the "Standard Edition".

Confused here !!!! Any ideas -- this was after the latest cumulative updates based on Jul 2021.

W2K19 server 1809 How much longer for support [​IMG]

The latest update was :

Note I'm running this though as a desktop OS - works really well including recording old movies from a UK / S.African classic movie channel "Talking Pictures TV" but can't understand where the HYPER-V thing came from.

Some here run W2K19 server so any clarification -- the OS seems though to work just fine anyway as before.

@pparks1 you are usually good with servers --any ideas on this --I'm not even using HYPER-V on this server .

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 16, 2021
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    W2K19 Server VM vs W10 Pro VM

Hi folks :

Seems crazy that on KVM/QEMU on a 64 GB RAM HOST - W2K19 server only needs as default 2 vCPU's (out of 16 available on my machine) and 2GB RAM whilst the recommended config for W10 PRO is 4 vCPU's and 4GB RAM.
    As I've mentioned elsewhere the W2K19 SERVER really performs well even though it's still at 1809 Level but of course is LTSC.

Note though apart from Photoshop, office and serving some media files e.g via SKY GO etc I'm not really running anything seriously demanding on Windows so no extreme gaming etc -- perhaps then not a totally fair comparison - but for people just doing bog standard Office stuff and Internet surfing with a few apps like photoshop it just shows how much better W2K19 Server is than W10 Pro. Shame Ms couldn't have built on this with their W2K22 server which as I've previously posted is a "Dogs Dinner" (and that's being grossly unfair to dogs).

Running as a VM :

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 16, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

W2K19 Server - No HP printer drivers

Hi there
    I'm running a W2K19 server as a Virtual machine - and trying to install an HP MFP M28-31 series Laser printer.

Ms detected the printer and I can print without a problem but that's all -- no scanning etc. I logon to the HP website - it detects the OS bizarrely as W10 X-64 but their software fails with "Os not supported". Same thing happens if I try and use the W2K16 server version.

These are quite new printers and there's almost no drivers at all on HP site for W2K19 server -- now I don't know about how most organisations run central (or dept) printing systems but I would have thought using a server to share a printer should be "Normal".

Of course if you logon to W10 and set the thing to shared printing it works - you have tio install all the printer stuff on the "remote W10" machine - a bit of a nuisance for loads of PC's which might logon to the server itself via "Virtual Desktop Infrastructure" anyway or what if you need to work on the server locally. Scanning and saving to a network directory is also a requirement I would have thought pretty mandatory in most offices.

(Since W2K16 server is due to be replaced by W2K19 and W2K22 servers I'm surprised that HP haven't got their act together -- most things I've installed on W2K19 server have been bog standard W10 apps and they all work without a problem so how much work is it for HP to fix this).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

1. W2K19 server 1809 How much longer for support - Similar Threads - W2K19 server 1809

2. W2K19 1809 LTS - shows HYPER-V server !!!

in Windows 10 Support
    W2K19 1809 LTS - shows HYPER-V server !!!: Hi folks after latest W2K19 Server update (it's based on a lot of W10 stuff or W10 stuff based on the server BTW) so why does it show W2K19 HYPER-V Server !!. It's actually the "Standard Edition". Confused here !!!! Any ideas -- this was after the latest cumulative updates...
  3. Once Win 11 is available, how much longer will MS support Win 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Once Win 11 is available, how much longer will MS support Win 10?: Will PS backport any Win 11 features to Win 10? e.g. Android app support? How much longer will MS provide patches or security patches? I know that no one knows answers right now (outside of Microsoft), but I thought I should still throw these questions to the forum. 181561
  4. W2K19 Server VM vs W10 Pro VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W2K19 Server VM vs W10 Pro VM: Hi folks : Seems crazy that on KVM/QEMU on a 64 GB RAM HOST - W2K19 server only needs as default 2 vCPU's (out of 16 available on my machine) and 2GB RAM whilst the recommended config for W10 PRO is 4 vCPU's and 4GB RAM. As I've mentioned elsewhere the W2K19 SERVER really...
  5. W2K19 Server - No HP printer drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W2K19 Server - No HP printer drivers: Hi there I'm running a W2K19 server as a Virtual machine - and trying to install an HP MFP M28-31 series Laser printer. Ms detected the printer and I can print without a problem but that's all -- no scanning etc. I logon to the HP website - it detects the OS bizarrely as W10...
  6. Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19): Hi there Ok you can add desktop experience to W2K19 server but I really don't see why games should be added automatically on to a professional server -- perhaps the servers at Ms are these days busy because people playing Spider solitaire on them !!! Nothing wrong with...
  7. on a VM creating W2K19 server as workstation - working well

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    on a VM creating W2K19 server as workstation - working well: Hi folks playing around with these servers is actually quite addictive and great for "wasting time" -- apart from being also a great learning tool on how these things are managed etc they work great as a desktop workstation !!! Gave up on W2k22 server as workstation - too...
  8. How much longer will Edge suck?

in Browsers and Email
    How much longer will Edge suck?: No previous history with the Back button. No Accelerators available. Very little functionality with PDF's...there are a lot of things wrong with this browser and I can't find any comment from Microsoft saying they're even aware of it. I'm beginning to think the lack of...
  9. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 [ENU] no longer supported

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft SQL Server 2005 [ENU] no longer supported: My desktop pc is an upgrade from Windows 7 and as such will possibly have some legacy software with it. One of those packages appears to be Microsoft SQL Server 2005 [ENU] which reading online was possibly loaded when I first installed Windows Live Mail. I am still using this...
  10. How much longer for the free upgraded?

in Windows 10 Support
    How much longer for the free upgraded?: How much longer is the free update available? I would be upgrading from Windows 7 Pro BTW. -Thanks! 42925