Windows 10: W3C and WHATWG agree to collaborate on single version of HTML and DOM

Discus and support W3C and WHATWG agree to collaborate on single version of HTML and DOM in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today W3C and the WHATWG signed an agreement to collaborate on the development of a single version of the HTML and DOM specifications. The Memorandum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 28, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

W3C and WHATWG agree to collaborate on single version of HTML and DOM

Read more:

:)

Brink, May 28, 2019

2. Does IE11 Support HTML 4.01 (11.0.10240.16384)

Here's a nice relevant table giving guidance for HTML 4 doctypes, from the Feb 2017 W3C HTML 5.2 draft. Note the optional System Identifier column. (the .dtd string)

HTML 5.2: 8. The HTML syntax

That guidance table was dropped from the Dec 2017 final W3C HTML 5.2 Recommendation. Here's the final HTML 5.2 spec's doctype parsing table. It specifically identifies the HTML 4 doctype cases where the "System Identifier" (the .dtd string) is absent or
    present. They are qualified as "quirks" and "limited-quirks" modes respectively.

HTML 5.2

Canem Spiritus, May 28, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    HTML DOM, Javascript Question

if the form is static you should hide it via css visibility

if you need to generate its contents on user action, use ajax to generate the html code and insert it in appropriate position, this should update the DOM tree.

dont forget about server side validation. never ever trust the client with anything, it's incredibly easy to modify/remove/generate html and js code

personally i avoid js whereever possible or at least make sure there's a decent fallback for client without js enabled that makes sure everything stays usable

W1zzard, May 28, 2019
  4. W3C and WHATWG agree to collaborate on single version of HTML and DOM

Official HTML(4,5) and javascript users help thread.

this thread will be solely for web developers and those new to the game to share idea's, code, and just help each other out with the new and upcoming HTML5, javascript and CSS *Smile W3C and WHATWG agree to collaborate on single version of HTML and DOM :)

Im re-doing my website right now and will soon be top notch HTML *Big Grin W3C and WHATWG agree to collaborate on single version of HTML and DOM :D lets start coding!

Braveheart, May 28, 2019
Thema:

W3C and WHATWG agree to collaborate on single version of HTML and DOM

1. W3C and WHATWG agree to collaborate on single version of HTML and DOM - Similar Threads - W3C WHATWG agree

2. List of collaboration settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of collaboration settings: Hello, I am a lone user, I don't collaborate, is there a list of settings and parameters I can tweet to turn off collaboration settings? Microsoft 365 is meaningless to me I am guessing and I don't use the collaboration in Office 365 either - but I know there are settings in...
  3. List of collaboration settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List of collaboration settings: Hello, I am a lone user, I don't collaborate, is there a list of settings and parameters I can tweet to turn off collaboration settings? Microsoft 365 is meaningless to me I am guessing and I don't use the collaboration in Office 365 either - but I know there are settings in...
  4. agree to terms of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    agree to terms of use: I have installed office 365 but when opening an application {ie excel} ther terms and conditions screen opens with a button that says OK. There is no button anywhere for I accept. Closing the window closes office completely. how do I get to accept the terms?...
  5. agree to terms of use

agree to terms of use: I have installed office 365 but when opening an application {ie excel} ther terms and conditions screen opens with a button that says OK. There is no button anywhere for I accept. Closing the window closes office completely. how do I get to accept the terms?...
  6. Does anyone agree with me on this?

Does anyone agree with me on this?: Windows 10 and Windows 11 are in my opinion the worst versions of windows ever. My reasons:They're cutting off more and more features, like a full control panel with all the settings, and what about Windows 11? Well 11 lost a TON of things like the small taskbar feature,...
  7. HTML Editor with HTML Validation

HTML Editor with HTML Validation: Anyone know of a good HTML editor that has a built in validation tool like this: [ATTACH] Thanks, Sonnie
  8. html

in Windows 10 Support
    html: There is something that I don't understand about a hyperlink: I did a copy/paste from a tutorial on a website which gave me the following : <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <h2>HTML Links</h2> <p><a href="https://www.w3schools.com/html/">Visit our HTML tutorial</a></p> </body>...
  9. Why W3C WebAuthn will change the world

in Windows 10 News
    Why W3C WebAuthn will change the world: A little over a month ago, W3C WebAuthn became a real internet specification. Most of you don’t know what WebAuthn is yet, but many of you will feel the impact in short order. In fact, I will go so far as to say that WebAuthn may change how we all authenticate to the...
  10. Can't copy-paste in DOM explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Can't copy-paste in DOM explorer: Hi everyone I hope someone can help me, as this seems to be a rare problem and I haven't found anything by googleing. I have a new Win 10 PC with IE 11, and now I can't copy-paste anymore with the keyboard controls in the DOM explorer (it only works with right mouse...