Windows 10: W3C & FIDO Alliance Finalize Web Standard Secure, Passwordless Logins

Discus and support W3C & FIDO Alliance Finalize Web Standard Secure, Passwordless Logins in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the FIDO Alliance today announced the Web Authentication (WebAuthn) specification is now an official web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

W3C & FIDO Alliance Finalize Web Standard Secure, Passwordless Logins

Source: https://www.w3.org/2019/03/pressrele...hn-rec.html.en

:)

Brink, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge

Source: Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Mar 4, 2019
  3. login details sell for just $5.20 on the dark web

A recent report from content marketing agency Fractl has found out just how much your data is worth on the dark web.

For the study, Fractl scoured all the fraud-related listings on the three biggest dark web marketplaces -- Dream, Point and Wall Street Market -- last month, according to MarketWatch.
    To do this, they downloaded a Tor client, or a network that grants anonymity to internet browsers, which is required in order to access the dark web.

There, they discovered that Facebook logins are sold for just $5.20 each.

Meanwhile, credentials for other popular services like Gmail, Uber and Grubhub are just as cheap.

Your Gmail username and password is a bargain at just $1, while Uber account logins go for $7 and Grubhub logins sell for $9.

By comparison, the most expensive logins are for PayPal, which can demand up to $247, according to Fractl.

W3C & FIDO Alliance Finalize Web Standard Secure, Passwordless Logins 1521801671754-png.png

Similarly, a separate study by security research firm Top 10 VPN revealed that your entire online identity can be sold for approximately $1,200.

Top 10 VPN also found that Facebook logins would sell for $5.20 on the dark web.

What's perhaps most concerning is that the firm found that extremely sensitive 'proofs of identity' like passports and selfies or utility bills sell for $62 and $29, respectively.

According to Top 10 VPN, criminals can purchase online banking details for just $160, while all of your financial information can sell for $710.

The firm found that hacked financial details were 'by far' the most commonly listed items, with credit cards being the most valuable.

PayPal accounts were also in high demand, Top 10 VPN noted.

Interestingly, they discovered that other popular listings are often referred to as 'fullz.'
    'These bundles of “full” identifying information, sometimes are either packaged with financial details or sold separately,' the firm said.

'We found listings featuring individuals’ name, billing address, mother’s maiden name, social security number, date of birth and other personal data.'

The items that garnered the lowest price tag were online dating logins for sites like Match.com or Plenty of Fish.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. W3C & FIDO Alliance Finalize Web Standard Secure, Passwordless Logins - Similar Threads - W3C FIDO Alliance

2. Passwordless?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Passwordless?: My phone is unable to recognize my fingerprint. Does "passwordless" require fingerprint recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordless/0d09bb06-27cb-41cb-a700-9abf80a0dbae
  3. How to set up passwordless web login in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to set up passwordless web login in Windows 10: I would like to set up passwordless web login as is described in this blogpost.Even though I set up my account as a phone number account as described in the article, I never had an option appear on my sign-in that would allow me to log in via web login and...
  4. Web security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web security: Hi. If my PC is not a shared or public PC, and I am running Windows 10, and I am browsing with Edge, is the built-in web protection sufficient? Or should I purchase a web-protection product for example, McAfee?...
  5. Standard Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard Security: Sirs, Why am I told 'Standard hardware security not supported' in Settings, even though I have 20H2 installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-security/bd5740f4-113e-4f23-bc99-d48f61a81c13
  6. Security standard hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security standard hardware: In checking my security programs I received a message under Standard Security is not supported. I have tried to do everything I could but I got no positive results. Is my PC in danger of raids? I use Microsoft 10....
  7. Cannot login after turning on passwordless feature

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login after turning on passwordless feature: I have the latest fast ring insider build installed. After turning on the passwordless feature, I can no longer login! I don't get prompt to enter password or pin anymore. What can I do to login now??!...
  8. Final login to Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Final login to Microsoft Store: For a number of months now I have been unable to log into Microsoft Store to download apps onto my Win 10 pro desktop PC. I used to be able to do it fine. I just recently noticed it is asking for me to use Windows Hello to finish the login process, which I don't have setup. I...
  9. Wi-Fi Alliance introduces new 802.11ah HaLow standard

in Windows 10 News
    Wi-Fi Alliance introduces new 802.11ah HaLow standard: New technology will extend Wi-Fi® solutions for the Internet of Things Las Vegas, NV, January 4, 2016 – With industry momentum mounting around a low power Wi-Fi® solution, Wi-Fi Alliance® today announced the Wi-Fi HaLow™ designation for products incorporating IEEE...
  10. Alliance for Wireless Power & Power Matters Alliance Merge

in Windows 10 News
    Alliance for Wireless Power & Power Matters Alliance Merge: This will hopefully make it much easier to use wireless charging for your mobile devices. 2015-01-05 Austin, TX and Beaverton, OR. Jan. 5, 2015 – The Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP) and Power Matters Alliance (PMA) today announced the organizations have signed...