Windows 10: W7 to W10. 10 Downloaded. -iso to desktop-iso setup.exe = no install

Discus and support W7 to W10. 10 Downloaded. -iso to desktop-iso setup.exe = no install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Downloaded W10 64bit as per the W10 How to upgrade Windows 10 Tutorial using the MCTool. Added a new Windows iso folder on my desktop and extracted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trapper, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Trapper Win User

W7 to W10. 10 Downloaded. -iso to desktop-iso setup.exe = no install

Downloaded W10 64bit as per the W10 How to upgrade Windows 10 Tutorial using the MCTool.

Added a new Windows iso folder on my desktop and extracted the files to this folder. I then clicked on setup.exe which brought up a small oblong dark blue box with the word Windows and the 10 icon. I also clicked ok to the UAC so to allow installation.
    After a minute or so the blue box disappeared then nothing happened, an hour later I tried again with the same result.

In Windows Update it reports that W10 is ready to install and to 'restart'. I clicked on this restart button and after the restart I was back at my usual W7 desktop.

I am now trying the Upgrade this PC now option.

If that does not work and I have a week or so spare I might try the start from scratch option.....*Sad

:)

Trapper, Aug 6, 2015

2. I created a W10 recovery iso disc for my W10 laptop, can I use that same disc to upgrade my W7 desktop to Windows 10?

*Original Title: Using a W10 iso disc

I created a W10 recovery iso disc for my W10 laptop, can I use that same disc to upgrade my W7 desktop or do I have to go through the games of upgrading the computer?

Don

DonaldBueltmann, Aug 6, 2015
  3. 32 bit W7 to 64 bit W10 uppgrade

So I can reinstall and make a clean W7 64 bit install, and then upgrade to W10 64 bit.

Can I use the product key from the W7 32 bit DVD, with a W7 64 bit Iso download ?

ErlingHaugvaldstad, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

W7 to W10. 10 Downloaded. -iso to desktop-iso setup.exe = no install

1. W7 to W10. 10 Downloaded. -iso to desktop-iso setup.exe = no install - Similar Threads - W10 Downloaded iso

2. iso download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iso download: Where can I download the Windows 10 Insider Preview 21390.2025 ISO? I already have 21390.1 but the login brings me to a black screen. It only shows the Language Bar on top; nothing else. Can not start the Task Manager either. So I am thinking to upgrade it to 21390.2025 to...
  3. Is there a way of download W10 Pro ISO direcly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way of download W10 Pro ISO direcly?: I'm about ro reinstal Windows with a Microsoft Store digital bought upgraded version of Windows 10 Pro. I would like to know if i can just create a USB boot stick with Pro already instead of having to upgrade later from the Store. Media Creator Tool does not give me any...
  4. Download ISO

Download ISO: Hi Everyone, I'm searching for a MS URL link to download, a MS Win10E x32 file. Let me know if you can find such a downloadable ISO file? Thanks, Harold https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-iso/cdd91cbd-7c3e-4d6d-bb4d-7b8cbd812a64
  5. Download .ISO

Download .ISO: I need to download an .ISO of a full install of Windows 10 Professional 64-bit EN with a version number of 1909 AND a build number of 18363.388 or newer. I have to do a repair install of Windows 10 Pro x64 EN with the option of keeping all my files and installed programs. I...
  6. ISO download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISO download: Hi. i was download windows 7 home and the default said that it was to internet explorer instead of the iso burner. How can i change that in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iso-download/6be8e431-bb34-4978-a37d-37a7d0489f2e
  7. ISO Download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ISO Download: Heres my question, i have a laptop with Windows 10 already installed and i plan on building my own PC. Can someone explain if i can use that laptop or an iso file to get windows on my new pc, if it will be a full version, if it will ever expire, and what i need to do so?...
  8. ISO download

ISO download: Hi, I just downloaded the ISO bootable Windows 10 as per your instructions on a USB memory stick. I did not get any further windows instructions for burning it or anything. Do I have to transfer the ISO file to the document file on my computer first? Thanks. Adriaan...
  9. create iso for w10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    create iso for w10: Hi, upgraded W7 (clean install) to W10. on root C: have a folder C:\ESD\Windows that contains files and folders of DVD content (probably iso content, created during a setup) and related to reset if needed. See pic... The question: I want to create the iso containing...
  10. Does the ISO W10 Disk create the W7 recovery image?

Does the ISO W10 Disk create the W7 recovery image?: I created ISO disks for both my 32 bit and 64 bit systems at the MS download site. If I use the ISO disk instead of the Windows Update method, does the install still create the W7 image in case I want to go back to W7 after installing W10? Also, do I boot from the disk or...