Windows 10: W7 VM with NAT only sees its HOST machine on Network (VMWARE)

Discus and support W7 VM with NAT only sees its HOST machine on Network (VMWARE) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there I have 3 computers -- one Linux HOST and two W10 HOSTS. I have a number of VM's usually using BRIDGED mode but my W7 VM only seems to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Feb 23, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W7 VM with NAT only sees its HOST machine on Network (VMWARE)

Hi there

I have 3 computers -- one Linux HOST and two W10 HOSTS. I have a number of VM's usually using BRIDGED mode but my W7 VM only seems to work when it's using NAT.

Now in NAT it only sees the HOST machine on the network. It can't see any of the other machines. Similarly the other machines on the network whether VM or HOST can see all the other machines EXCEPT the VM with NAT.

Go figure !!!!!

running VMware workstation 11.1. Problem arises whether LINUX or W10 has HOST.

(W10 Hosts and VM's are Enterprise X-64 build 9926 - latest fixes applied).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 anniversary update: networking problem with VMware

Since installing the anniversary upgrade (on the host machine), my VMware guests cannot connect to the network any more (bridging or direct NAT). This is very annoying since I'am running Windows 10 preview builds in a VM.

RichardBätschmann, Feb 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unidentified Network Issue

I am running Windows 7 on my PC but I installed Windows 10 Enterprise as a virtual machine using VMWare Player. My Network Adapter setting on VMWare are set to "NAT:Used to share the host's IIP address". This
    works just fine when I run Ubuntu VM but does not work when I run Windows 10 VM.

I tried to select other Network Adapter settings e.g. Bridged etc. but no luck. I am not using a static IP but the one assigned automatically seems to be of a private network I.e. 192.168.#.#

I am not really good with networks. I followed a tutorial online to change the startup types of the network settings but that also did not help.

Conclusion: When I run Ubuntu VM on VMWare player with network adapter settings set to NAT, it works. So I think the problem is with Windows 10 network settings, maybe?

Tumelo M. Motloutsi, Feb 23, 2015
Thema:

W7 VM with NAT only sees its HOST machine on Network (VMWARE)

1. W7 VM with NAT only sees its HOST machine on Network (VMWARE) - Similar Threads - NAT sees HOST

2. VMware how to delete disks from HOST (not the VM)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware how to delete disks from HOST (not the VM): Hi folks there's plenty of info about removing a Virtual disk from a VMware VM but this just removes the virtual HDD from the VM but doesn't actually delete it from your Host disk. What you have to do is go into the VM file itself for the VM and once you've ascertained which...
  3. Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare

Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare: Hello, Usually, for test environments with a few machines I used to make NAT Networks on VirtualBox since version 4.3 when they introduced that option. Now, I'm trying to do something similar with VMWare. I noted that in VMWare (in the Virtual Network Editor) you can...
  4. Free Conversion tool from RUNNING machine to vmware VM

Free Conversion tool from RUNNING machine to vmware VM: Hi there Just in case some people might want to create VM's from their physical running machines this FREE tool from the main VMware Enterprise stuff can be used on Stand alone machines. Works fine as well --I've used it to create several VM's from running physical...
  5. Linux Host on external SSD with W10 and W7 VM's on 8GB laptop

Linux Host on external SSD with W10 and W7 VM's on 8GB laptop: Hi there I've seen loads of posts almost flaming me for saying running a Windows VM with VMWARE workstation or player from a Linux HOST OS booted from an external SSD would have terrible performance. (I.e boot the Linux OS and from its VMware menu--> power on--> Windows...
  6. Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts

Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts: Hi there This seems to work fine for Windows 10 VM's on some Linux Hosts. 1) Uninstall VMware tools on the VM - shut down but don't re-power on 2) uninstall open-vm-tools on your HOST machine - typically as root or sudo yum autoremove open-vm-tools or whatever it is in...
  7. Create W10 VM of your RUNNING machine (VMWARE)

Create W10 VM of your RUNNING machine (VMWARE): Hi there An easy way of creating a W10 VM (or any other OS) of your RUNNING machine is simply to start up the VMWARE CONVERTER. You need to be in administrator mode. Configure the target machine, - unclick DATA drives if you just want to start with creating the system....
  8. Vmware on HOST W10 Machine Networks don't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vmware on HOST W10 Machine Networks don't work: Hi there trying various VM's on a HOST W10 under VMWARE WORKSTATION 10 -- (XP / W7 / W8.1 / W10 / Linux ) -- all these fail to start network either in BRIDGED or NAT mode. If the HOST is now a W8.1 system connections all work for these machines Still looks like...
  9. VM networking NAT cannot connect to Bridged networking PC's

VM networking NAT cannot connect to Bridged networking PC's: Hi there. one W10 VM is connected to LAN via NAT, other 4 via Bridged -- to SAME LAN. the NAT networked computer can see the others but can't access shared files. Changing to Bridged -- works OK. Was trying NAT as Bridged uses individual number of IP addresses -...
  10. W10 Guest VM doesn't see Host W7 Homegroup

W10 Guest VM doesn't see Host W7 Homegroup: I've been trying in vain to get my W10 VM guest to join up to my W7 host's Homegroup, but the only options I get in the Homegroup section on W10 is to set up a new one, it's as if it's not seeing the Homegroup I already have in place through W7. I thought it would have picked...