Windows 10: W9 For Free

Discus and support W9 For Free in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ZDnet wrote a article about W9 and said it could very well be free since W8 failed to attract business people and many are looking at Apple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enigma1944, Jan 14, 2014.

1. W9 For Free

ZDnet wrote a article about W9 and said it could very well be free since W8 failed
    to attract business people and many are looking at Apple applications.

:)

enigma1944, Jan 14, 2014

2. Order of documents

I was able to order my documents by the first letter like you said. Here is an example of what is happening. Why wouldn't the numbers be in the correct order? Is there something else I need to do?

DHC Deposit 01. 09.19

DHC Invoice #0003

DHC Invoice #0004

DHC Invoice #Template2

DHC Invoice #Template

DHC Invoice #0001

DHC Invoice #0002

W9

Thanks,

Julesjoy

Julesjoy711, Jan 14, 2014
  3. Civ 4 on Windows 10

Well, you might try turning off Defender, and letting your AVS do its job more properly. If you don't have a separate AVS, that's silly. There are free ones out there.

I'd also argue, from your own experience that calling it "Win10" is kind of a misnomer. "W10" -- or even the CORRECT "W9" would be a much better nym for it....

It DAMNED sure doesn't "Win". ;-D

OBloodyHell, Jan 14, 2014
  4. W9 For Free

In all honesty it would be great, but if it was free i have the slightest suspicion it would lack in features and would certainly have a paid version that was so far ahead that it pretty much forced you to upgrade to it, at the end of the day, its microsoft and microsoft rarely give out free goodies, especially an OS, would be good though!

Devlin1888, Jan 14, 2014
  5. Kinda doubt that myself, but it would be nice. I wonder though, as mentioned, if there will be two (or more) versions? Paid = Full featured, Free = Stripped down. I could probably go with a stripped down version as I use mostly 3rd party software for most things. Winamp for music, VLC for video etc.

indianacarnie, Jan 15, 2014
  6. Free to the OEM's for pre installation on new PC's. I doubt you'll be able to download it for free if that's what your thinking. Big difference. Just saying.

alphanumeric, Jan 15, 2014
  7. AC
    AC Win User
    Hey, as much as Microsoft is starting to follow Apple, how could you be surprised? *Tongue

8. BlueGuy Win User

W9 For Free

True, everything I run is open source, except Word 2010 [it handles my envelopes better than
    anything else, same interface for envelopes as Word '97] and maybe my capture cards in compatibility mode. Though for Home Theatre PCs I'll still use an nLited 2000 pro or XP Pro
    just as a base for running the card software and support utilities, they don't need to connect to
    the "interwebs", (upgrading or even tight security, since they'll only have .ts/.tp files) as you younger folks say. However as 2017-2019 approaches I'll probably diverge again, concentrate on workstations and machines for gamers, then join the rest of the world in using set-top boxes.

example:

ePVision.com - One-Stop place for Full HD 1080p HDMI A/V Switcher Digital HDTV Tuner Receiver Media Box, HD Media Player, HDTV Tuner Set top Box, HDTV PVR Box and more...

Therefore Ditto.

BlueGuy, Jan 18, 2014
  9. Tepid Win User
    Correct, it will never be free to the consumer.
    And, the OEM's are just complaining that their sales have dropped, looking for a hand out.
    Sorry, I have no sympathy for OEM's. They make their own debacle of things. Vista being a huge one. that was mostly their fault over all, or a very large part of it.

There is not one single good reason that OEM's should be getting the OS for free.
    It will not do anything to reduce the cost of the hardware at all.
    IF, that did happen, they would MAYbe be about $50 to $100 cheaper,, that is all.

Tepid, Jan 18, 2014
  10. bigseb Win User
    Agreed

bigseb, Jan 18, 2014
  11. Whew! For a second there I thought they were going to make me drink Cherry Coke(tm) *Smile
    Although the truth of the matter is that it's the Vanilla Coke that's totally horrid. About 1000% too much vanilla.

So what has this to do with Windows you might ask? Just that when Coke announced they were retiring the original coke(later renamed Coke Classic) the threat was equally empty. But they did get about 1/2 a $Billion in free advertising with all the news coverage.

MilesAhead, Jan 31, 2014
  12. bigseb Win User
    Actually I liked Cherry Coke :bag:

bigseb, Jan 31, 2014
  13. W9 For Free

Like I said.. it's the Vanilla Coke that sucks. *Smile

MilesAhead, Jan 31, 2014
  14. bigseb Win User
    Phew... in the clear then... *Cool

bigseb, Jan 31, 2014
  15. Cherry Coke ain't bad. When I could afford it I liked IBC Black Cherry Soda. Also IBC Cream Soda as change of pace. More and more I find myself drinking chilled water. The price is right. Here in Miami many places filter the water. No chlorine aftertaste. I started out buying chilled spring water sport bottles. But that habit made a big dent in mt food stamp balance. Chilled filtered is fine if it's very cold. *Smile

MilesAhead, Jan 31, 2014
Thema:

W9 For Free

1. W9 For Free - Similar Threads - Free

2. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  3. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  4. How much is Recommended free space for Windows drive partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much is Recommended free space for Windows drive partition?: Hello everyone,I'm planning to divide my Windows drive into three partitions: C, D, and E. My intention is to allocate the C drive solely for Windows, the D drive for data storage, including files such as documents, photos, and more, and the E drive for installed programs I...
  5. How much is Recommended free space for Windows drive partition?

How much is Recommended free space for Windows drive partition?: Hello everyone,I'm planning to divide my Windows drive into three partitions: C, D, and E. My intention is to allocate the C drive solely for Windows, the D drive for data storage, including files such as documents, photos, and more, and the E drive for installed programs I...
  6. Any suggestions for free Blu-Ray/DVD apps for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any suggestions for free Blu-Ray/DVD apps for Windows 10?: I am looking for a free apps to play Blu-Ray/DVD's on Windows 10? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-suggestions-for-free-blu-raydvd-apps-for/ceccf835-4ca5-4435-8d86-567980210594
  7. Any suggestions for free Blu-Ray/DVD apps for Windows 10?

Any suggestions for free Blu-Ray/DVD apps for Windows 10?: I am looking for a free apps to play Blu-Ray/DVD's on Windows 10? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-suggestions-for-free-blu-raydvd-apps-for/ceccf835-4ca5-4435-8d86-567980210594
  8. Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences: So it's been brought to my attention that there's "two different microsoft anti-virus programs". One is free, and come pre-installed, and one comes with the Microsoft Office 365 pack, which is payed. I noticed this due to me being able to open microsoft through settings on my...
  9. Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences

Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences: So it's been brought to my attention that there's "two different microsoft anti-virus programs". One is free, and come pre-installed, and one comes with the Microsoft Office 365 pack, which is payed. I noticed this due to me being able to open microsoft through settings on my...
  10. is driver updates for windows 11 free

is driver updates for windows 11 free: is up dates for drivers windows 11 free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-driver-updates-for-windows-11-free/72f673d3-618a-47f9-b95a-da75cde69859