Windows 10: Waasmedic

Discus and support Waasmedic in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been reading the comments about the Waasmedic. My question is that I run AVG security and it appears it is supposed to delete the Waasmedic log... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wizzer40, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Wizzer40 Win User

Waasmedic

I have been reading the comments about the Waasmedic. My question is that I run AVG security and it appears it is supposed to delete the Waasmedic log but it doesn't. Is it ok to go into the log file and delete past logs? Are they needed any more or can some be deleted. Thanks

:)

Wizzer40, Oct 18, 2018
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Win10 pro, WaasMedic

Can someone shed some light as to what this is and or does, WaasMedic.

kjl1956, Oct 18, 2018
  3. What is this WaasMedic? and Why it required to connect internet and make changes on MY COMPUTER?

I too got notified by GlassWire last night that WaaSMedic initiated a network connection for the first time.

This is what I have gathered so far by searching on my system:

• There's a scheduled task called PerformRemediation that is supposed to run waasmedic.exe every 24 hours. The description of the task reads:
      "Helps recover update-related services to supported configuration.". The task ran one time last night and while it is showing as disabled right now, I'll check to see if it runs today.
    • The registry has two keys related to this file. The first one is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WaaSAssessment
      and the second one is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WaasMedic. Both keys have several values and they seem to be related to checking system health regarding windows update and patches.
    • WaasMedic connects to the address settings-win.data.microsoft.com from what I see in the registry keys and GlassWire connection notification.

I restarted my PC last night because I got a new Kaspersky Internet Security patch. Could this be related to security software triggering this task somehow? The latest CPU vulnerability and the upcoming update to fix it?

I'm posting this because I got curious. If someone from Microsoft can tell us exactly what this file does and why it just started showing (for some of us) yesterday, it would be great.

Ruben Alamina, Oct 18, 2018
  4. PrimusV Win User

Waasmedic

What is this WaasMedic? and Why it required to connect internet and make changes on MY COMPUTER?

"WaasMedic is one of the utilities that try to repair Windows Update when it gets damaged."

Well, maybe it's good to block it from the internet access. No more uncontrolled updates! Waasmedic :)

PrimusV, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Waasmedic

1. Waasmedic - Similar Threads - Waasmedic

2. waasmedic - Microsoft.Windows.WaaSMedic.Local

in Windows 10 Gaming
    waasmedic - Microsoft.Windows.WaaSMedic.Local: I'm having some problems updating my computer. If this helps, I have no WiFi in settings to turn off or on under the Network and Internet Settings. It has disappeared. I was trying to restore the help and I did a SFC scannow when I went into the logs and just looking around...
  3. waasmedic - Microsoft.Windows.WaaSMedic.Local

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    waasmedic - Microsoft.Windows.WaaSMedic.Local: I'm having some problems updating my computer. If this helps, I have no WiFi in settings to turn off or on under the Network and Internet Settings. It has disappeared. I was trying to restore the help and I did a SFC scannow when I went into the logs and just looking around...
  4. waasmedic - Microsoft.Windows.WaaSMedic.Local

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. when do waasmedic files delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when do waasmedic files delete: hi when i saw waasmedic file right now some disappeared. how did it get removed and when do they get removed just asking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-do-waasmedic-files-delete/9bd6b9f3-6cac-4980-9370-7b4cc37dc0fd
  6. when do waasmedic files delete

when do waasmedic files delete: hi when i saw waasmedic file right now some disappeared. how did it get removed and when do they get removed just asking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-do-waasmedic-files-delete/9bd6b9f3-6cac-4980-9370-7b4cc37dc0fd
  7. when do waasmedic files delete

8. waasmedic file in windows logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    waasmedic file in windows logs: what is the waasmedic etl files and ehy cant i delete them since service is disabled. one appears every time i restart and is now at 5mb, not enough but plz help...
  9. waasmedic file in windows logs

waasmedic file in windows logs: what is the waasmedic etl files and ehy cant i delete them since service is disabled. one appears every time i restart and is now at 5mb, not enough but plz help...
  10. waasmedic file in windows logs

Users found this page by searching for:

1. waasmedic

2. waasmedic log

3. waasmedic connect to internet

4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WaasMedic,
  5. computer\hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\waasassessment\uptodate,
  6. waasmedicservice repair,
  7. my waasmedic is not starting,
  8. Windows\CurrentVersion\WaasMedic ,
  9. quest ce window log waasmedic?,
  10. what is a wassmedic file,
  11. Logs waasmedic,
  12. performremediation,
  13. hkey_local_machine\system\waas,
  14. waas medic,
  15. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WaaS\WaaSMedic\Configuration