Windows 10: WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2

Discus and support WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I look in registry I see key 'description' with entry "@WaaSMedicSvcImpl.dll,-102"If I just change this to any text, the description is correct in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikealexq1, Mar 29, 2023.

1. WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2

If I look in registry I see key 'description' with entry "@WaaSMedicSvcImpl.dll,-102"If I just change this to any text, the description is correct in services.msc.But what is it actually pulling from this waasmedicsvcimpl.dll,-102? Is it an offset with the description? Because it does not work. It doesn't get the description from this DLL.

:)

mikealexq1, Mar 29, 2023

2. waaSMedicSvc failed to read descripton error code 2

The description for WaaSMedicSVC in services reads <failed to read description error code 2 and windows/microsoft update 9MSSGKG348SP keeps failing.

Sharon Fortuna, Mar 29, 2023
  3. waaSMedicSvc failed to read descripton error code 2

Thank you Derrick but I have already tried this option and it didn't work. I checked it this morning and stringcachegeneration is set to 38b and waasmedicsvc still says failed to read description error code 2 after restart.

Sharon Fortuna, Mar 29, 2023
  4. Almaretto Win User

WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2

TokenBroker - <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >

Are we supposed to try each step, starting with 1, until service no longer has "<Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >" in description?

I tried Step 1. After part 6, I got the following popup message:

--------------------

RegSvr32

(X) The module "Tokenbroker.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllUnregisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "Tokenbroker.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

--------------------

Microsoft Windows Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.322).

Almaretto, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2

1. WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2 - Similar Threads - WaasMedicSvc description reads

2. Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2: i open the services.msc and BFE <Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2 >. Is there any problem here? Please tell me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-read-description-error-code-2/93d5a71d-e8b5-4bca-b1fb-14d9eaf717c3
  3. Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2: i open the services.msc and BFE <Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2 >. Is there any problem here? Please tell me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-read-description-error-code-2/93d5a71d-e8b5-4bca-b1fb-14d9eaf717c3
  4. read description

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read description: I have two accounts on my pc one has no Microsoft account and the other which is this one that I’m typing in does, they both have admin privilege's but when I try to delete the one with no Microsoft account it wont let me I even try to change that account to a user account...
  5. read description

read description: I have two accounts on my pc one has no Microsoft account and the other which is this one that I’m typing in does, they both have admin privilege's but when I try to delete the one with no Microsoft account it wont let me I even try to change that account to a user account...
  6. read description

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2: If I look in registry I see key 'description' with entry "@WaaSMedicSvcImpl.dll,-102"If I just change this to any text, the description is correct in services.msc.But what is it actually pulling from this waasmedicsvcimpl.dll,-102? Is it an offset with the description?...
  8. waaSMedicSvc failed to read descripton error code 2

waaSMedicSvc failed to read descripton error code 2: The description for WaaSMedicSVC in services reads <failed to read description error code 2 and windows/microsoft update 9MSSGKG348SP keeps failing....
  9. waaSMedicSvc failed to read descripton error code 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    waaSMedicSvc failed to read descripton error code 2: The description for WaaSMedicSVC in services reads <failed to read description error code 2 and windows/microsoft update 9MSSGKG348SP keeps failing....
  10. CDPUserSvc_36fb4, <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >

in Windows 10 Support
    CDPUserSvc_36fb4, <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >: okay..after an upgrade windows version, i looking into windows service. one of service module is CDPUserSvc_36fb4, (its new havent seen it on previous windows version) i dont recognize it . here it is [img] any explanation on this, and how to fix this thing. thanks in...