Windows 10: Wacatac.B!ml Trojan detected but not quarantined

Discus and support Wacatac.B!ml Trojan detected but not quarantined in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Defender detected the virus Wacatac.B!ml. I checked the protection history and it reported as below:The Microsoft website says it removes this virus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JMH_864, Dec 3, 2021.

1. JMH_864 Win User

Wacatac.B!ml Trojan detected but not quarantined

Defender detected the virus Wacatac.B!ml. I checked the protection history and it reported as below:The Microsoft website says it removes this virus but the above doesn't show it completely removed.What is "Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy25Windows...? Is this some hidden directory on C drive?Am I protected or not and if not what do I do now?

:)

JMH_864, Dec 3, 2021
  2. CJustin Win User

what is Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.G!ml

Wacatac (also known as Trojan:Win32/Wacatac)
    is a trojan-type infection that stealthily infiltrates computers and performs a number of malicious actions. Cyber criminals typically proliferate this malware using spam email campaigns
    and fake software 'cracks'.

Windows Defender would mention the potential threat to you but it is up to you to delete it altogether from the system. Currently, if the Virus is in the Quarantine and you can delete it from there.

CJustin, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Jacee Win User
    Virus Trojan:32/Wacatac.DC!ml not completely remediated on Windows PC

This is a "Backdoor" trojan. Read about it here: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml - Virus Lists and Removal Steps

These are the most dangerous, and most widespread, type of Trojan.

Backdoor Trojans provide the author or ‘master’ of the Trojan with remote ‘administration’ of victim machines. Unlike legitimate remote administration utilities, they install, launch and run invisibly, without the consent or knowledge of the user. Once installed, backdoor Trojans can be instructed to send, receive, execute and delete files, harvest confidential data from the computer, log activity on the computer and more.

If your computer was used for online banking or has credit card information on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for email, eBay and forums.
    You should consider them to be compromised.
    They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one, if not an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information.

Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breech.

Jacee, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Virus Trojan:32/Wacatac.DC!ml not completely remediated on Windows PC

Maybe check startup items for third party software that might run on boot and disable if not needed.

On another note it's crap if it doesn't give you the file path.

Wacatac.B!ml  Trojan detected but not quarantined [​IMG]

A harmless detection from my machine. Without knowing the file path or file name it's too hard to say what the issue is. If you had WiseVector StopX running when Defender detected the trojan I'd say it likely not serious.

Callender, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Wacatac.B!ml Trojan detected but not quarantined - Similar Threads - Wacatac Trojan detected

2. Trojan Wacatac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Wacatac: Hi, I am having difficulty in removing this malware.At Windows Security, I actioned 'Quarantine' and 'Remove' but not effective, hence the screenshot.I have tried some of the online free malware and it shows it had resolved the problem, however, when switch back to Windows...
  3. Trojan Wacatac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan Wacatac: Hi, I am having difficulty in removing this malware.At Windows Security, I actioned 'Quarantine' and 'Remove' but not effective, hence the screenshot.I have tried some of the online free malware and it shows it had resolved the problem, however, when switch back to Windows...
  4. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml: Hi,I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan...
  5. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml: Hi,I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan...
  6. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Script Wacatac H ml: Hi, I am making a backup of my iPhone 13 Pro Max via iTunes on a Windows computer, Windows 10.When running Windows Defender anti-virus scan, it identifies Trojan Script Wacatac Hml as a virus in the iPhone backup folder in two files in folders 5f and b5. The file names...
  7. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Script Wacatac H ml: Hi, I am making a backup of my iPhone 13 Pro Max via iTunes on a Windows computer, Windows 10.When running Windows Defender anti-virus scan, it identifies Trojan Script Wacatac Hml as a virus in the iPhone backup folder in two files in folders 5f and b5. The file names...
  8. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

9. Trojan : wacatac

Trojan : wacatac: Ok so, first my pc was fine when running krnl.exe, after some days, i tried to open it, but defender detected wacatac trojan, i cant remove it, everytime i click remove action, it didnt work, i download almost all antivirus, but they didnt detect, somebody can help?...
  10. Trojan wacatac

Trojan wacatac: I am having win 10 in my Device updated version. Recently while downloading a software a malware get downloaded in my system . The antivirus shows a Trojan wacatac warning message and it removed chrome from my Device,now every time I time I am trying to install anew chrome...