Windows 10: Wacatac false positive

Discus and support Wacatac false positive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ok so i downloaded a simple vbs script that i created myself after i reset my pc. All it does is create a message box that can only be closed with task... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jeff Peeseps, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Wacatac false positive

Ok so i downloaded a simple vbs script that i created myself after i reset my pc. All it does is create a message box that can only be closed with task manager. Just today, i got a notification saying threats found and it said wacatac or something. How could a trojan enter through my own virus its a vbs file. I deleted it and defender didnt see anything

:)

Jeff Peeseps, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Snixtor Win User

False positive for desktop shortcut scanner.lnk

The 1.239.488.0 virus / spyware definition update that rolled out about 24 hours ago appears to be producing a false positive for any shortcut placed on the desktop called "Scanner.lnk". I can consistently replicate a false positive for Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef
    with the following steps.

• Create a shortcut to an exe file.
    • Place the shortcut on the desktop.
    • Name the shortcut "Scanner".
    • Run "Quick Scan".
    I don't get the same result by directly scanning the file, nor by uploading the file to www.virustotal.com, so it would appear this is as a result of a heuristic rather than a file content analysis. I also don't get the same result with a shortcut that links
    to a website.

Can anyone else replicate? How can we go about getting the Windows Defender team to reconsider this heuristic? It's a bit heavy-handed.

Snixtor, Sep 11, 2020
  3. defender false positive

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, kindly verify the following:

• Where did you submit the file about Windows Defender being false positive?
    • Right after the recent Windows 10 update, your Zara Radio stopped working?
    • Regarding the 404 error, what application were you using when you got that error?

Let us know.

Joanna 777, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Wacatac false positive

Questioning a false positive for a Windows Defender virus scan

Anytime you suspect a possible
    false positive
    or you want a second opinion, submit it to one of the online services that analyzes suspicious files. There are also number of web resources (URL Link Scanners) which can be used to check suspicious/unfamiliar
    sites or get second opinions.

quietman7 - MVP, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Wacatac false positive

1. Wacatac false positive - Similar Threads - Wacatac false positive

2. False positive??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False positive??: Hello! I downloaded a file from web and I think I got viruses or malware from it. First, Windows Defender notified me that I got malware and I deleted all the temp and patched files from my laptop and scanned it after with Microsoft Security Scan and it said I have 0 files...
  3. False positive??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    False positive??: Hello! I downloaded a file from web and I think I got viruses or malware from it. First, Windows Defender notified me that I got malware and I deleted all the temp and patched files from my laptop and scanned it after with Microsoft Security Scan and it said I have 0 files...
  4. Is this a false positive

Is this a false positive: I'm pretty scared cause I clicked on this link for help and it flagged as malicious https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/419ed1cdabbd93e665156658d341edf1ef001c4158864fa4ca2ad501839a3dd7?nocache=1...
  5. Wacatac false positive outbreak?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wacatac false positive outbreak?: I've noticed lately that windows defender starts to mark almost all my zip files as risky because they supposedly contain Wacatac. The interesting thing is that I can create a compressed file of images, videos or files without problems... There is no virus threat in any of...
  6. Wacatac false positive outbreak?

Wacatac false positive outbreak?: I've noticed lately that windows defender starts to mark almost all my zip files as risky because they supposedly contain Wacatac. The interesting thing is that I can create a compressed file of images, videos or files without problems... There is no virus threat in any of...
  7. Wacatac false positive outbreak?

8. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in protection history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT...
  9. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT and both are...
  10. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT and both are...