Windows 10: Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

Discus and support Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by siena_microsoft, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT and both are saying my computer is clean, but I am still seeing this in history screenshot attachedI try to go to the file location listed and my computer says it does not exist.Please help, thank you

:)

siena_microsoft, Mar 20, 2023
  2. cruft Win User

Trojan horse false positive on v0.26 installer?

AVG free claims that ATITool_0.26.exe is infected with "Trojan horse Downloader.Zlob.MCQ".

I scanned my computer for viruses and it came out clean. I quarantined the installer, deleted it, and proceeded to download a fresh copy from this site - the installer showed up as infected again.

Is this a false positive?

I also downloaded the 0.27 beta installer and it came out clean.

cruft, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Trojan horse false positive on v0.26 installer?

Odd, but I would say its most likely a false positive. Hardware tools do this because of the nature of what the program does.

Dippyskoodlez, Mar 20, 2023
  4. hereford Win User

Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

Trojan horse false positive on v0.26 installer?

Phew!

Seems it was a problem with the virus definitions. AVG appear to be getting quite a few false positives on various products looking at the threads on the free avg forum.

As of the update this evening taking the virus database to 269.10.14/912, downloading atitool_0.26.exe no longer gets a trojan alert from avg, or at least the one from the mirror I selected at random didn't

Quite an impressive fix time from the guys at grisoft.

hereford, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

1. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive? - Similar Threads - Wacatac trojan horse

2. Trojan Wacatac found but unsure if false

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Wacatac found but unsure if false: HiI ran a scan this morning 22/4/2023 and it came back detected: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!mlThe threat originally states it was found 17/4 but for some reason I didn't notice until now In the Affected items , the file location it states seems very strange and suspicious. I...
  3. Trojan Wacatac found but unsure if false

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan Wacatac found but unsure if false: HiI ran a scan this morning 22/4/2023 and it came back detected: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!mlThe threat originally states it was found 17/4 but for some reason I didn't notice until now In the Affected items , the file location it states seems very strange and suspicious. I...
  4. Wacatac false positive outbreak?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wacatac false positive outbreak?: I've noticed lately that windows defender starts to mark almost all my zip files as risky because they supposedly contain Wacatac. The interesting thing is that I can create a compressed file of images, videos or files without problems... There is no virus threat in any of...
  5. Wacatac false positive outbreak?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wacatac false positive outbreak?: I've noticed lately that windows defender starts to mark almost all my zip files as risky because they supposedly contain Wacatac. The interesting thing is that I can create a compressed file of images, videos or files without problems... There is no virus threat in any of...
  6. Wacatac false positive outbreak?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in protection history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT...
  8. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT and both are...
  9. MSERT - False Positive Infections???

MSERT - False Positive Infections???: I run all 3 of Microsofts scans on my laptop Windows 10: Full Scan, the Offline Scan, and MSERT. The Full Scanand Offline scan report NO infections, viruses or malware. DURING the MSERT scan, 6 infections are reported. At the COMPLETION of the MSERT scan, it comes back and...
  10. Wacatac false positive

Wacatac false positive: Ok so i downloaded a simple vbs script that i created myself after i reset my pc. All it does is create a message box that can only be closed with task manager. Just today, i got a notification saying threats found and it said wacatac or something. How could a trojan enter...