Windows 10: Wacom Tablet Cursor changed to a dot after 1903 update

Discus and support Wacom Tablet Cursor changed to a dot after 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updated Win 10 to 1903 yesterday. Laptop is a 3 month old Dell Precision 7530 I use an Intuos 5 Wacom Tablet with a Pro Pen. Since the update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TJG46, Jul 11, 2019.

1. TJG46 Win User

Wacom Tablet Cursor changed to a dot after 1903 update

Updated Win 10 to 1903 yesterday.

Laptop is a 3 month old Dell Precision 7530

I use an Intuos 5 Wacom Tablet with a Pro Pen.

Since the update to 1903 the cursor has changed to a dot when using the Wacom Pro Pen and the Wacom tablet regardless of the application.

When using a mouse or internal laptop touchpad the correct cursor is shown.

I process digital images using Adobe Lightroom Classic CC and Adobe Photoshop CC. If I select a tool in either of these applications the correct tool cursor appears only when I hover over the image. Changes back to a dot when I move off of the image.

I have gone through the Wacom troubleshooting steps which did not solve the problem.

:)

TJG46, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Ikerimi Win User

Dot cursor appeares when using Wacom Intuos Tablet (1903 Update)

Heyo all,

I just updated to version 1903 yesterday.. and when I wanted to draw i noticed a little dot as a placeholder for the normal cursor everytime i use my Wacom tablet. I tried disabling it from settings but it's even worse: no cursor at all.. I even tried disabling
    "Use Windows Ink" from the Wacom settings. It does use the normal cursor, but it lacks pressure sensitivity.

I understand that this may be a new feature to make Windows Ink better.. but i don't think it's a great choice for usb graphic tablet users (such as a wacom intuos 2015, the model i have).
    I think it's rather useful for Cintiq or Surface users though..

Is there a way to make Windows use the normal cursor instead of the little dot? ..Or do i have to stick with this dot forever?

Code:
    [i][b]also sorry for the bad english,, english is not my first language..[/b][/i]

Ikerimi, Jul 11, 2019
  3. MadelineH Win User
    Wacom Tablet not detected

Yes it was working before. I just noticed the issue on Thursday. I have not made changes.

I have tried installing drivers, restarting my computer, updating drivers, installing in compatibility mode, installing a driver directly from Wacom, etc. My wireless mouse works just fine, and I even replaced the tablet with the same model.

MadelineH, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Jose Est Win User

Can't Reinstall Wacom Tablet Driver

Hi Mae,

The issue your are having is due to missing or corrupt driver.

To resolve your issue, we strongly suggest getting the latest driver and software for your device from the manufacturer's website.

It is also advisable if you can contact the device's support team for assistance.

In the meantime, follow the steps below to try resolve the issue:

1. Go to Device Manager by right-clicking on the windows start button.

2. Find the Wacom Tablet under Human Interface Devices. Right-click and select to uninstall. Remove everything.

3. Unplug the Wacom Tablet

4. Go to Add/Remove Programs by right-clicking on the windows/start menu button and select "Programs and Features."

5. Find the Wacom stuff and uninstall all of it.

6. Open an elevated command prompt by right-clicking on the windows/start menu button and select "Command Line (Admin)."

7. Look for location of Program Files, normally, it's C: drive.

Type the following at the command prompt (including the quotes):

• mklink /j "C:\Program Files\Tablet" "C:\Program Files\Tablet"
    8. Reinstall the latest Wacom drivers from the website.

9. Restart and plug in your Wacom drivers.

10. Go to Services manager (click the start button and type "Services" to bring up the msc panel). Find the Wacom Professional Service item and start it or restart it.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Jose Est, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Wacom Tablet Cursor changed to a dot after 1903 update - Similar Threads - Wacom Tablet Cursor

2. WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP: I'm so frustrated right now and can't find any answers.I'm downloading my Wacom Intuos tablet model CTL-490 for the first time on this laptop MSI - GF63. I have Windows 10. Latest driver is installed, and has been uninstalled and reinstalled more then once and computer...
  3. Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet: Hello, I have a Wacom Intuos S graphics tablet and would like to use it with OneNote for Windows 10 (the UWP app). However, I've noticed that, when in draw mode, the cursor is just the regular mouse pointer and not the small dot. When I hover over the menus on the side or...
  4. cursor setting in one by wacom

cursor setting in one by wacom: how to change cursor size in Wacom one by https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-setting-in-one-by-wacom/7f3dccd7-2856-4604-8ec3-8dcf808c5c4e
  5. Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet: When window ink is 'on', Photoshop is lagging. I tried to turn 'off' window ink in properties and create PSUserConfig file with UseSystemStylus 0. But it led to the frozen cursor in Photoshop. I used Wacom pen and a mouse. I tried to reinstall wacom driver, Photoshop, removed...
  6. wacom tablet

wacom tablet: Hi, Yesterday i bought a wacom tablet FT-0405-U0B and wanted to install it on windows 10 but didn't work. I've installed the drivers from the internet,nothing works. Is it even compatible with windows 10? I can't even find any information on google to veryfied that. I've...
  7. Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse

Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse: Hi, I recently got a used Wacom Bamboo CTL-460 and I've been trying to set it up with my HP laptop running Windows 10. I downloaded the driver compatible with CTL products and plugged in the tablet, which the computer recognized and said was "ready to use". The buttons on...
  8. Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update

Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update: So after the August 2018 update of Windows 10 my tablet hasn't been working properly, to help understand the problem my tablet is a wacom cintiq (the fancy ones that display the screen as you draw) after the update I thought I had to update my driver, so I went to the website...
  9. wacom tablet not detected

wacom tablet not detected: My Intuos tablet doesnt show up when I open the Wacom desktop center so I cant restore my device settings and cant use the pens sensitivity or shortcuts anymore. It makes that sound when it gets plugged in and shows up in device managers but it just acts like a mouse. I've...
  10. finding a driver for Wacom Graphire tablet

finding a driver for Wacom Graphire tablet: I have a Wacom Graphire tablet that is about 20 years old but I still use it most days. It survived the upgrade from W7 to W10 (somehow). I have another computer that also has a Graphire tablet which does not work properly; this is a new computer that had W10 already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wacom dot cursor

2. wacom cintiq windows 10 update v 1903

3. photoshop wacom dot cursor

4. wacom cursor showing up as diamond,
  5. windows 10 change pen cursor,
  6. how to change wacom intuos pro cursor,
  7. windows 10 1903 and wacom intuos,
  8. windows10 wacom cursor 1903,
  9. cursor wacom windows,
  10. problem with wacom windows 1903,
  11. how to change intuos pen pointer,