Windows 10: Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse

Discus and support Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a used Wacom Bamboo CTL-460 and I've been trying to set it up with my HP laptop running Windows 10. I downloaded the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephJacobs1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. JosephJacobs1 Win User

Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse

Hi,

I recently got a used Wacom Bamboo CTL-460 and I've been trying to set it up with my HP laptop running Windows 10. I downloaded the driver compatible with CTL products and plugged in the tablet, which the computer recognized and said was "ready to use". The buttons on the tablet work and using my finger on the surface like a trackpad also works fine, but when I touch the pen to the tablet it glows red and stops working. I did some digging and under device manager, the computer sees the tablet as a mouse identical to the other USB mouse I have. I believe the tablet is being read as a mouse instead of a drawing tablet by the computer, which is somehow overriding the driver. I've tried tons of workarounds and haven't found anything that lets the pen work on the tablet. Any suggestions?

:)

JosephJacobs1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. MadelineH Win User

Wacom Tablet not detected

My USB drives will detect my wireless mouse, but not my Wacom Tablet. It's not registering at all. No indicator sounds, nothing. What's going on? I have Windows 10.

MadelineH, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Elidia Hernandez Win User
    Wacom tablet is being recognized as a mouse.

So I have Wacom Bamboo tablet , I have the drivers installed and everything but my laptop (HP 15 TS Notebook PC) seems to believe the tablet is a mouse?Please help.

Elidia Hernandez, Sep 6, 2018
  4. MadelineH Win User

Wacom Tablet not detected

Yes it was working before. I just noticed the issue on Thursday. I have not made changes.

I have tried installing drivers, restarting my computer, updating drivers, installing in compatibility mode, installing a driver directly from Wacom, etc. My wireless mouse works just fine, and I even replaced the tablet with the same model.

MadelineH, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse - Similar Threads - Wacom Tablet Registered

2. My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful...: It had been working fine for about a couple of years until now. Suddenly the pen pressure was completely gone, as in nothing will come out at all, in my preferred art program Krita. And whenever I hover over, say, a scroll bar it will shift to the left all on its own. If I...
  3. How to disable tablet mode when using Wacom in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable tablet mode when using Wacom in Win10: I have go to the setting and disable the table mode. But when I using my Wacom, Windows switch to tablet mode automatically, without any asking. It is very annoying when using Photoshop or even web browsing. Now when click with my pen it scroll, and nothing I can do.........
  4. Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering: I have successfully installed, linked and am currently running Mouse Without Borders on two machines. Problem is, my remote machine is not registering left mouse clicks. I can right click all day, but nothing can be selected. Any ideas?...
  5. Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update

Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update: So after the August 2018 update of Windows 10 my tablet hasn't been working properly, to help understand the problem my tablet is a wacom cintiq (the fancy ones that display the screen as you draw) after the update I thought I had to update my driver, so I went to the website...
  6. wacom tablet not detected

wacom tablet not detected: My Intuos tablet doesnt show up when I open the Wacom desktop center so I cant restore my device settings and cant use the pens sensitivity or shortcuts anymore. It makes that sound when it gets plugged in and shows up in device managers but it just acts like a mouse. I've...
  7. Windows 10 Crashes While Using Wacom Intuos Tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashes While Using Wacom Intuos Tablet: Recently I've had several occasions when my PC started stuttering before grinding to a complete halt while I was using my Wacom Intuos tablet on Photoshop. The strange thing is, when I hit restart, my PC recovered very quickly, as if it was merely a soft system restart - but...
  8. finding a driver for Wacom Graphire tablet

finding a driver for Wacom Graphire tablet: I have a Wacom Graphire tablet that is about 20 years old but I still use it most days. It survived the upgrade from W7 to W10 (somehow). I have another computer that also has a Graphire tablet which does not work properly; this is a new computer that had W10 already...
  9. Wacom pen malfunctioned

Wacom pen malfunctioned: I just upgraded my Asus VivoTab Note 8 to 32-bit Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1. Everything seems to work fine except the Wacom pen that is not working at all. The driver in device manager states working correctly. Can someone advise any possible or temporary fix. Thanks!...
  10. Wacom tablet stuck on left-click, and video players lag

in Windows 10 Support
    Wacom tablet stuck on left-click, and video players lag: Hey all, Just upgraded to Windows 10. My Wacom pen table is working quite well, but on video editing programs (After Effects, PowerDirector) the computer thinks that when I click something I am actually dragging, and I can't release the drag once started, without a...