Windows 10: Wait 2004 update or install it manually

Discus and support Wait 2004 update or install it manually in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William40, Jul 16, 2020.

1. William40 Win User

Wait 2004 update or install it manually

Hi

I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the update manually ?

Thanks

:)

William40, Jul 16, 2020

2. Microsoft Advises Against Installing The Creators Update Manually

Really *Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Roll :roll:*Roll :roll:*Roll :roll: Microsoft having a Vista flashback*Roll :roll:*Bang Head :banghead:

dorsetknob, Jul 16, 2020
  3. haan Win User
    Windows 10 Manual Updates Management

I have just installed windows 10. When windows 10 is updating (and only when its updating) there is a chance the system will randomly hang/freeze.

This is very annoying and happens often but, only when updating.

In an attempt to avoid this problem, I have decided to manually download and install updates.

To do so, I have to do the following.

1. Disable Windows 10 automatic updates.
    2. While windows 10 updates are disabled find and list all the required updates (preferable with a dependency tree of some kind)
    3. Download the required updates manually.
    4. Install the required updates manually.

I was able to figure out the steps (1) and (3) (and I'm guessing step (4) is a simple execution)

How should I go about achieving step (2)?

4. Wait 2004 update or install it manually

Serious Updates Question

When you install a Feature Update, all Windows Updates since the release will be installed as well.

The installer tells you it's doing so.

At this time, there are multiple issues with Windows 10 2004.

I would suggest waiting a while, until the "list" gets shorter.

OldNavyGuy, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Wait 2004 update or install it manually

1. Wait 2004 update or install it manually - Similar Threads - Wait 2004 update

2. Where to get 2004 update manually

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to get 2004 update manually: The update assistant from the windows website only provides the 20h2 update. Any idea where I can get the 2004 from? Thanks submitted by /u/fandralfaghalm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mrbgwa/where_to_get_2004_update_manually/
  3. Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?: My Windows Update still tells me: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page. As we're in the end of September I was wondering whether I was the only one still waiting for this update....
  4. Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?

Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?: I have Win 10 Pro version 1909. A month or so ago I did several Win updates and also tried to update to Win 10 Version 2004 and got the crash - STOPCODE: system thread exception not handled. I went to safe mode and uninstalled and updated to the latest Intel Video driver....
  5. Wait 2004 update or install it manually

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wait 2004 update or install it manually: Hi I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the...
  6. Still waiting for the 2004 update

Still waiting for the 2004 update: Does anyone have a clear timeline for when the Windows 10 2004 update will be available for all platforms. I run a daily update check. The message concerning the 2004 update which shows on the update page has changed a bit since early May. The current one reads "The...
  7. Should I manually update to 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I manually update to 2004?: This is mainly to utilise hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. Ive heard 2004 has quite a few bugs but is it worth updating? submitted by /u/FewCallMeXepher [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj8k2a/should_i_manually_update_to_2004/
  8. Manual Install of Updates

Manual Install of Updates: I've a footwalled system I need to install MS updates on. I've got a lot to do so I'm going to create a batch file and do it command line. Is there any difference between running the msu directly or calling it by using wusa? i.e 1. Update.msu /quiet /norestart 2....
  9. Manually installing updates

Manually installing updates: I have recently installed windows 10 and am already getting extremely frustrated with the inaccessibility of windows updates, it seems that Windows these days wants users to have zero control over what happens with their computer. I disabled mine because I read about users...
  10. Install updates manually

Install updates manually: I need to install Windows 10 updates manually, how i can do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-updates-manually/0a7de959-01a7-4c68-958d-483a4b0b169a