Windows 10: Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown.

Discus and support Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This problem has plagued my computer for quite a while now and I tested this with a few apps. I opened up Microsoft Word on my computer and then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Chacko Kappukatil, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown.

This problem has plagued my computer for quite a while now and I tested this with a few apps.

I opened up Microsoft Word on my computer and then I selected "Shut down" from the Start Menu.

When it displayed "shutting down," the dialog box saying "Closing apps and shutting down," does not appear.

Instead, it shuts down without showing it.

This may be a problem if I accidentally forget to save my work before shutting down and not seeing the apps open.

Assistance to find a solution to this will be much appreciated.

Operating system: Windows 10 Home (1803)

Processor: Intel i5 4th Gen (i5-4440)

GPU: AMD Radeon R7 240

:)

Chacko Kappukatil, Nov 12, 2018

2. Disabling W8.1 Shutdown Dialog Box

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to disable the 8.1 Shutdown dialog box that appears when I have already selected shut down from the Classic Shell start menu so to avoid repeated steps?

ClicketySplit, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown.

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown.

1. Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown. - Similar Threads - Waiting apps close

2. unknown app appears during shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    unknown app appears during shutdown: When I try to shut down an unknown app appears. I am allowed to "shut down anyway" but I am unable to determine what this app is and I would like to get rid of it....
  3. unknown app appears during shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown app appears during shutdown: When I try to shut down an unknown app appears. I am allowed to "shut down anyway" but I am unable to determine what this app is and I would like to get rid of it....
  4. unknown app appears during shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. a dialog box suddenly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a dialog box suddenly appeared: a dialog box for file copying progress suddenly appeared while i play game at full screen, it instantly minimized my game and i'm afraid it could be a malware activity or some sort of it, i seen a file named "package 9" being copied its 2,3GB in size but i didn't seen of...
  6. How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 News
    How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart: [ATTACH]If you want to change the time interval for which Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart, you need to edit the value […] This article How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart first appeared on...
  7. Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown: Hi, I've been having trouble with a specific app that refuses to close itself when I shutdown/reboot/logoff. Forcing the app to close won't hurt it or my data, it just refuses to close at shutdown because it's poorly coded. It's a big-name non-MS app so I won't name it....
  8. How to force close app and shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force close app and shutdown?: My windows 10 file explorer is not responding sometimes and it's been the 4th times. I don't know why. I wanted to restart explorer proces from task manager but task manager isn't working either. So I restart explorer using the restart explorer.bat file on the desktop that...
  9. window 10 shutdown dialog box keep appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window 10 shutdown dialog box keep appearing: [ATTACH] The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession and if I open folders or windows it will close them after around 10-15 seconds by itself....
  10. Text not Appearing in System Dialogs and Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Text not Appearing in System Dialogs and Apps: A while ago intermittently the text in File Explorer would not appear beside the icons. A reboot seemed to cure the problem at first but this no longer works. This makes a lot of the O/S unusable. I am running the insider builds and even going back to an older version did not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dialog box close this app yes no windows 10 before restart or shuutdown