Windows 10: waiting for (insert web address)..

Discus and support waiting for (insert web address).. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; been seeing some problems with internet browsers lately. chrome & firefox aren't loading websites as they should (not to be confused with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anwaypasible, Dec 16, 2016.

1. waiting for (insert web address)..

been seeing some problems with internet browsers lately.
    chrome & firefox aren't loading websites as they should (not to be confused with an additional 2-3 seconds of delay).
    opening chrome with google search & most visited sites as the homepage, the visited sites aren't loading & at the bottom it says 'waiting for www.google.com'
    yet bing.com would load good & fast.

on a hunch, I went to my router's access page & it failed to load entirely, saying 'waiting on (ip address of the router)'

for more than a month now Microsoft edge hasn't been playing any videos, not Netflix or youtube or other flash videos.

seen some issues with avira antivirus failing to update too.
    attempted to manually update it & the download failed.

installed firefox to see what it would do & went for an adblocker, it took a long time for the addon page to load & then after the addon installed - it failed to download updated lists.

my router is set to get dns from the isp, but I went ahead & put in some manual dns addresses to see if it would help & it didn't.

but contrary to dns failing entirely, I can't ping Google unless the packet size is 1232 or lower - yet after setting the mtu size to 1232, Google fails to load.

Google loads okay in edge, but not in firefox or chrome.

**edit**
    if that isn't weird enough, I went to speedguide.net's tcp analyzer & it says my type of service field is all zeros.
    I took a screenshot just for proof, because I sorta don't expect some people to believe me.

waiting for (insert web address).. [​IMG]

**edit**

oh, another thing I forgot - I've seen a lot of broken page layouts, such as when attempting to sign into yahoo email & the whole left side of the page layout is broken.
    though it has been known to happen on other websites too, such as ebay.

**edit**

if that wasn't odd enough, i plugged in my other wifi adapter & the responsiveness of firefox went from slow & clogged to loading again.
    but if you look at the data meters of the wifi adapter software, you can clearly see the spikes rather than something more fluid & strong.
    odd, because the other wifi adapter is a 300mbps & it was showing a 72mbps link for both up & down, but was slow as hell with firefox or chrome (edge didn't care).
    yet the receive link in the picture shows a strong receive signal & a low receive connection ; then to top it all off, they say the throughput limit of the connection link is typically only half of the connection & i'm seeing more than half (3.25 is half of 6.5).

then, if you say the antenna is going bad or some other portion of the receiving circuitry is old & worn out,
    the wifi adapter in the picture has 60 something wifi connections listed going all the way down to -90 & that is pico watts being picked up.
    yet the other wifi adapter is only showing five wifi connections.

i would think the 300mbps wifi adapter needs to be twice as sensitive for twice the speed, then if the 150mbps adapter is premium - that would bump the twice down to 1.5 or perhaps 1 (equal) .. but neither of those are what the truth is.
    for it to be that ass backwards, well aren't problems with software always somehow an 'inside job' .

waiting for (insert web address).. [​IMG]

:)

anwaypasible, Dec 16, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Cannot access my router to manage it, missing winsock registry files

Presuming that's the right address, it still has nothing to do with the Windows registry. And generic error messages are frequently misleading (unintentionally.)

You're simply inserting an IP address and asking it to resolve, just like any other web address. If that is the correct address, and you're seeing an error message, the people to ask are at your router's technical support.

BulldogXX, Dec 16, 2016
  3. alan93 Win User
    is there a way to insert pauses or waits

I wanted to do the same thing and you just gave me a hint by saying "imported".

You can add the new number in you windows live hotmail contacts and if you have live sync selected in your email settings on phone it will bring it down.

If its a long number with lots of pauses or numbers it needs to be entered in "home" number, mobile will not accept that many.

Change number type to home on phone and it will work.

alan93, Dec 16, 2016
  4. waiting for (insert web address)..

starting to think these issues are for the top 1% & the 1% hasn't looked.

anwaypasible, Dec 17, 2016
Thema:

waiting for (insert web address)..

1. waiting for (insert web address).. - Similar Threads - waiting insert web

2. Going to certain web address immediately bluescreens PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Going to certain web address immediately bluescreens PC: The web address / /g l o b a l r o o t / c o n d r v / k e r n e l c o n n e c t/, note: I might have typed the address wrong, sorry if I have. automatically bluescreens the said computer. I believe this could be used for more harmful/malware purposes and requires the...
  3. Word web address font color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word web address font color: In Word, after clicking on a web address, the blue font changes to red. I want to change it to black, but am unable to do so. Help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-web-address-font-color/008aa8a8-6256-4a6f-b73e-bac4aa31ebe4
  4. changing MAC address with intel web adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    changing MAC address with intel web adapter: Hi was wondering if someone could help me. I have been trying to change my MAC address and have been struggling with normal methods ie: control centre and command prompt. I've read that Intel Network adapters make it pretty hard to change the MAC address. My network adapter...
  5. Making batch script wait until optical disc is inserted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making batch script wait until optical disc is inserted: Hey there, I hope this is the right place for this type of question. I'm currently building a small semi-automated ripping station and want a script to wait until an optical disc is being inserted, then continue on with the next step. I'm pretty familiar with bash...
  6. People App inserting backslashes after email addresses.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App inserting backslashes after email addresses.: Hi everyone, I've created in the People App "group" contacts that look something like this for example: NAME EMAIL Group *** Email address is removed for privacy ***; *** Email address is removed for privacy ***; *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  7. Web Addresses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Addresses: Please advise how to prevent previously used web addresses being stored and listed and suggested each time a new search is entered RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-addresses/a934f8cf-eecf-4d35-b55b-07055307bab2"
  8. Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address: Hi everyone, my title may be a bit confusing but I have to idea how to make a title for the issue I'm having. So, I'm sure you all know how when you begin to type in a website edge will fill in the rest and if you hit enter it will take you to that website. For example,...
  9. Rename a web address link

in Browsers and Email
    Rename a web address link: I am trying to learn how to rename a web link. Using the instructions Here The instructions didn't work verbatim but with some experimenting I did manage to achieve the results you see. Is this a feature that has more to do with the browser than Windows 10? Following...
  10. When locked web address not accessible

in Windows 10 Support
    When locked web address not accessible: Hello guys. I have a home automation system running on my windows 10 pc... but when windows automatically shows the log in screen (with pin code) I can't access the home automations URL from other pc's on port 8080.. when logging in again it works until Autolock again.......