Windows 10: 'Waiting to install...' crashes IE on browse to upload

Discus and support 'Waiting to install...' crashes IE on browse to upload in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I need to use Internet Explorer for compatibility with legacy software but recently a problem started where it freezes / crashes when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomTomDonz, Jan 27, 2021.

1. 'Waiting to install...' crashes IE on browse to upload

Hi, I need to use Internet Explorer for compatibility with legacy software but recently a problem started where it freezes / crashes when I click 'browse' to find a file to upload. Rather than open a Windows Explorer window, a 'waiting to install' message appears. Then nothing happens and I need to kill IE.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling IE, repairing via System File Checker, resetting IE settings, uninstalling various updates there haven't been any IE updates, opening w/o add-ins, and downloading and installing IE again. I am considering deleting the IE program folder then reinstalling but am concerned what else that might mess up in my system. Should I just do this next?

Note there are no issues when using Chrome or any other programs.

Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

TomTomDonz, Jan 27, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. 'Waiting to install...' crashes IE on browse to upload

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

'Waiting to install...' crashes IE on browse to upload

1. 'Waiting to install...' crashes IE on browse to upload - Similar Threads - 'Waiting install crashes

2. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while uploading files or browsing web: Hello,Troubleshooting a new build with fresh drivers but one seems to be misbehaving nonetheless. Crashed a few times while trying to upload and/or watch some videos.I have tried Driver Verifier and will include the dump it produced. It didn't exactly pinpoint the driver...
  3. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while uploading files or browsing web: Hello,Troubleshooting a new build with fresh drivers but one seems to be misbehaving nonetheless. Crashed a few times while trying to upload and/or watch some videos.I have tried Driver Verifier and will include the dump it produced. It didn't exactly pinpoint the driver...
  4. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?: I have Win 10 Pro version 1909. A month or so ago I did several Win updates and also tried to update to Win 10 Version 2004 and got the crash - STOPCODE: system thread exception not handled. I went to safe mode and uninstalled and updated to the latest Intel Video driver....
  6. My browses doesn't work but IE and EDGE.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My browses doesn't work but IE and EDGE.: After I upgrade the Win10,my browses doesn't work(can't open any websites),but IE and EDGE. I tried"netsh winsock reset"and reboot,it's not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-browses-doesnt-work-but-ie-and-edge/3914af85-4d49-42bd-a222-814ce6552a08
  7. to upload files to websites; 'browse for file' issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    to upload files to websites; 'browse for file' issue: Microsoft needs to fix this issue. The connect 'your android' is not a fix. I do not have one. I need to be able to upload files out not to my computer but from mine to an outside location. Please repair this. I am sure it has to do with an update and Onedrive and the...
  8. IE Pop ups and crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE Pop ups and crashing: I am trying to help a friend that is having problems with the IE 11 and she is running Windows 10 64bit home 1607. The IE explorer tries to open the home page, msn.com and then IE keeps asking if it should allow pop ups. It does not matter what you click or how many times you...
  9. IE 11 Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 Crashing: Hi, Hoping somebody could help me with this Happening quite often, 5 times today, very annoying I don't have alot of information other then event viewer and sfc outcome Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. Event Viewer Faulting...
  10. IE 11 crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 crashing: Getting pretty regular "IE has stopped working........" The only data I have is what's in the Event Viewer log. Tried to give MS feedback but when I do what they say, "Type Windows Feedback in the Search....", it just takes me to a Google Search for, "Windows Feedback"....