Windows 10: Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

Discus and support Wake computer from keyboard/mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. When my Windows 10 laptop is sleeping, how do I wake this up from the keyboard/mouse? This is connected to a docking station with dual monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eholloway188, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

Hello. When my Windows 10 laptop is sleeping, how do I wake this up from the keyboard/mouse? This is connected to a docking station with dual monitors and I would like to not have to open my laptop every time to wake this.

:)

eholloway188, Jan 13, 2021
  2. coffent Win User

How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

Thanks lgentry. I have a Microsoft wired keyboard and a Logitech wireless mouse. Under Device Manager>Keyboards it lists two "HID Keyboard Device"s and the Microsoft keyboard. Unchecking the "Allow this device to wake the computer" for the two HID keyboards fixed the problem as you suggested. Weird that one must prevent "keyboards" from waking the computer to in fact prevent the mouse from waking it.

coffent, Jan 13, 2021
  3. EdwardYQ Win User
    Keyboard and mouse cannot wake the computer after sleep

My new computer (windows 10) cannot wake from sleep by keyboard or mouse, despite that in device management the keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the computer. The drivers are up-to-date. Only the power button wakes the pc after sleep. In Management
    Engine Interface (power management) I have corrected the "wrong" setting that the computer is allowed to turn off this device to save power. Besides, I turned off hibernation with a restart as suggested. Does someone maybe have a solution for this problem
    ?

Edward

EdwardYQ, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer

I'm using Windows 10 Pro on my laptop, which is connected to an external monitor.

After starting my laptop, the lid is closed. When I step away from the computer for an hour or so, it goes to sleep and the monitor screen is blank. When I return, I should be able to press the SHIFT key on my keyboard or move my mouse to wake up the laptop
    but it doesn't work. I have to open the lid on my laptop and press the power button and then it wakes up immediately.

My last 5 computer (all laptops) have been set up the same way with the external monitor and keeping the lid closed - I've never had any problems waking up the computer with the keyboard or mouse.

How do I fix this?

JC in Philly, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

1. Wake computer from keyboard/mouse - Similar Threads - Wake computer keyboard

2. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  3. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  4. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep

Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep: Hello,When I go to device manager and look at the various keyboards, mice, HID devices or USB devices, the option under "Power Management" to "allow this device to wake the computer is greyed out. Also, on most of the devices listed, "power management" is not even an option....
  6. Wake from USB keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from USB keyboard/mouse: Hello, I am trying to make it so my windows 10 laptop will wake via my USB connected keyboard/mouse. From everything I read the main routes are to either go to device manager and right clicked on Keyboard, then properties, and then the power management tab, but none of my...
  7. Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation: I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse connected to my laptop via the USB receiver. I am able to wake up my computer from sleep using either the mouse or keyboard but not from hibernation. Any help or suggestions. TIA! submitted by /u/rubeo_O [link] [comments]...
  8. Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer: I'm using Windows 10 Pro on my laptop, which is connected to an external monitor. After starting my laptop, the lid is closed. When I step away from the computer for an hour or so, it goes to sleep and the monitor screen is blank. When I return, I should be able to press...
  9. Computer goes to sleep and will not wake up from blue tooth keyboard or mouse

Computer goes to sleep and will not wake up from blue tooth keyboard or mouse: Computer will not wake up. I have to shut it down and reboot to start again. If I put it to sleep manually I have no problem and it will wake up. I did a dskchk and memory diagnostic tool and that seems to be OK. I have been getting messages BSOD: "critical process died"...
  10. PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard

PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard: Hi all. I've been struggling for weeks in finding a solution to this very annoying behavior of my new desktop pc running W10 Pro x64. I have successfully activated hibernate mode (S4), yet whenever the PC is hibernated a shake of the mouse or the press of any key on the...