Windows 10: Wake from hibernation

Discus and support Wake from hibernation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesMania, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Wake from hibernation

My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the laptop from the hibernation with a keyboard or a mouse?

:)

JamesMania, Dec 25, 2018
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 randomly waking from hibernation

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Network from Waking Your PC

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. In Device Manager, under
    Network Adapter,
    Right click and select properties.

c. Go to the Power Management tab. uncheck the box that says: "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

d. you'll find an “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box, which you should uncheck.

Step2: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ibernate/247e69c3-cc7a-40db-b34e-43d8d60e6947

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Wake from hibernation

Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have:
    • disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup
    • disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked with powercfg -devicequery wake_armed)
    • disabled "allow wake timers" for all power plans
    It doesn't however wake itself up from S5 (shutdown). I also tried leaving it in S3 sleep for over 24 hours and it didn't wake up, although that's not long enough to be certain that it never would.

Unfortunately my records in Event Viewer only go back a bit over a week to my upgrade to Windows 10, but I did notice a pattern in the first few days of waking at around 00:17 or 00:18 in the morning. Event Viewer suggested that this was due to mcupdate_scheduler, which was scheduled to run at 00:19, so I changed the trigger (following some instructions from Microsoft), but the next night the machine woke earlier, at 23:45. Unfortunately event viewer had no idea what caused that particular event. And today I have just run powercfg -waketimer and apparently there is a task \blah\blah\updateorchestrator\reboot which requires waking the machine just after 02:00 tomorrow morning. Clearly trying to change each individual trigger is a hopeless game of whack-a-mole which will sooner or later result in my wrecking something. How on earth can I stop my machine waking up?

ricecrispies, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Wake from hibernation

1. Wake from hibernation - Similar Threads - Wake hibernation

2. Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?: After I put pc in hibernate, because I plan not to use it for hours, it always wakes itself up, sometimes within minutes. I restart it, then it will stay in hibernate, but I shouldn't have to do that every time, I think that may be too hard on the pc to have to do that...
  3. Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?: After I put pc in hibernate, because I plan not to use it for hours, it always wakes itself up, sometimes within minutes. I restart it, then it will stay in hibernate, but I shouldn't have to do that every time, I think that may be too hard on the pc to have to do that...
  4. Some times. when the laptop wakes up from hibernation it restarts with DPC WATCHDOG...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some times. when the laptop wakes up from hibernation it restarts with DPC WATCHDOG...: When I start the laptop from hibernation, I see a black screen for a while about 30 senconds, and then, the laptop reboots with a blue screen which display DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.This is the WinDbg analysis of the memory dump about...
  5. Some times. when the laptop wakes up from hibernation it restarts with DPC WATCHDOG...

Some times. when the laptop wakes up from hibernation it restarts with DPC WATCHDOG...: When I start the laptop from hibernation, I see a black screen for a while about 30 senconds, and then, the laptop reboots with a blue screen which display DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.This is the WinDbg analysis of the memory dump about...
  6. Some times. when the laptop wakes up from hibernation it restarts with DPC WATCHDOG...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Acer laptop doesnt wake up from hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer laptop doesnt wake up from hibernation: So I've had this very weird issue with my acer aspire 5 where it wakes up from sleep if it's woken up at short intervals. But when it's in sleep for a prolonged period of time, which I assume that it goes into hibernation since I've set it to do so after 180 minutes under...
  8. Acer laptop doesnt wake up from hibernation

Acer laptop doesnt wake up from hibernation: So I've had this very weird issue with my acer aspire 5 where it wakes up from sleep if it's woken up at short intervals. But when it's in sleep for a prolonged period of time, which I assume that it goes into hibernation since I've set it to do so after 180 minutes under...
  9. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  10. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop wake from hibernation from devicemanager

2. windows wake usb hibernate

3. wake up from hibernation in windows 10

4. wake from hibernation windows 10