Windows 10: Wake from sleep desktop icons and taskbar completely scrambled and unresponsive

Discus and support Wake from sleep desktop icons and taskbar completely scrambled and unresponsive in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,I have recently been encountering an issue, where often after my laptop goes to sleep mode and then wakes all the desktop icons and taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vvac0, Jun 10, 2021.

1. vvac0 Win User

Wake from sleep desktop icons and taskbar completely scrambled and unresponsive

Hello,I have recently been encountering an issue, where often after my laptop goes to sleep mode and then wakes all the desktop icons and taskbar completely glitch out and look scrambled and nothing is functional. Also any background image turns black. Strangely enough if I right click with my mouse anywhere on the desktop after 5-10sec or so everything resets to normal. It is becoming quite annoying, any ideas why that might be happening or have encountered the issue and know a fix?

:)

vvac0, Jun 10, 2021

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 10, 2021
  4. yust123 Win User

Desktop icons rearranging after coming out of Sleep on Windows 10

Old title: desktop icons rearranging

My desktop icons keep rearranging every time my computer wakes up after sleep mode when connected to my monitor.

I have an XPS13 which is connected to a monitor using the dell 1 in 4 adaptor (USB 3.0 to HDMI/VGA/Ethernet/USB 2.0). I think whenever the laptop wakes up, it has to reconnected to my monitor. When that happens it always scrambles my desktop icons. However,
    I do not have Auto Arranged Icons selected. Anyone know how to fix this?

Please help!

yust123, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Wake from sleep desktop icons and taskbar completely scrambled and unresponsive - Similar Threads - Wake sleep desktop

2. Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep: After some googling, I see this issue has existed for a number of years now, but yet to find an actual fix rather than a very limiting workaround.Issue:Lock the computer and wait for it to sleepWake the computerLogin, and you'll find the task bar is visible, but unresponsive....
  3. Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep: After some googling, I see this issue has existed for a number of years now, but yet to find an actual fix rather than a very limiting workaround.Issue:Lock the computer and wait for it to sleepWake the computerLogin, and you'll find the task bar is visible, but unresponsive....
  4. Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep: I have a Surface Pro 2017 running Windows 10 21H2 which is the most up-to-date version for this computer. I have had this problem as long as I've had this device, but now I would like to fix the problem. In settings under the personality section, I have set it to this: which...
  5. Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep: I have a Surface Pro 2017 running Windows 10 21H2 which is the most up-to-date version for this computer. I have had this problem as long as I've had this device, but now I would like to fix the problem. In settings under the personality section, I have set it to this: which...
  6. Desktop becomes black/Taskbar unresponsive when waking up from standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop becomes black/Taskbar unresponsive when waking up from standby: I'm thinking it has to do with either using 452.06 after installing the 20h2 update, something on my end after I cleaned up my pc (my hand slipped which accidently dropped the screwdriver onto the gpu's pcb. trying to screw in the cpu fans onto the h80i radiator), or trying...
  7. Completely unresponsive windows Icons

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Completely unresponsive windows Icons: Good afternoon, Facing a bit of an issue here, I installed windows 10 on computer, at the beginning everything was fine, the mail was correctly linked with my mailbox and new mails were displayed, I was having a bit of issues with activating the licence key, so I tried...
  8. Wake up from sleep to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wake up from sleep to desktop: I recently had to reinstall Windows. I've never used a password on my desktop PC. I can boot to my desktop. But settings hides functionality without a password. So is there a way to get windows to wake from sleep directly to the desktop without one? Perhaps with a command?...
  9. Mouse is unresponsive for few minutes on Startup or Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse is unresponsive for few minutes on Startup or Wake from Sleep: I have a desktop PC with Core i3 and 4GB RAM. I have Logitech G400 mouse. Recently it has started acting extremely odd on startup or when the pc is woken up from sleep. The mouse will not respond for a period of 30 seconds to 5 minutes each time. The optical red sensor is...
  10. Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep: Computer: Page Not Found | HP® Official Site I've sent it in once to replace the motherboard and replaced the SSD drive on my own Every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, when trying to wake the computer from sleep mode, the power button will turn on, the wifi light...