Windows 10: Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

Discus and support Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Please help me a little, I think I'm losing my mind. I have an Asus Ultrabook, UX302L. It came with windows 8 from the factory, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jok3r4u, Jan 26, 2016.

1. jok3r4u Win User

Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

Hi Guys,

Please help me a little, I think I'm losing my mind.

I have an Asus Ultrabook, UX302L. It came with windows 8 from the factory, I upgraded it to windows 10, all nice and wonderful. About a month ago, I replaced my HDD with an Samsung 850 Evo SSD and I installed a clean copy of Windows 10 which I activated with my windows 8 key. All good till here. But after that my nightmare started:

I can't put my laptop to sleep, because when I try to wake it up it rastarts instead, and I lose all my documents, programs started before, etc. It literally drives me nuts.

I tried to install a older Intel Management Engine because I found out that the last one is buggy (and it is, I can't even put my computer to hubernate with it, the fans just keep running till it drains my battery, but with the IME 9ish at least hibernation work), I tried to disable fast boot, to install an older version of the integrated intel graphics card driver, tried to put my HDD's to never sleep, disabled hybrid sleep, set the AHCI link power management to HIMP/DIMP, etc.....

I don't know what else to do...

Waiting for your suggestions.

Best regards,
    Allen.

:)

jok3r4u, Jan 26, 2016

2. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Jan 26, 2016
  3. DTur Win User
    Update 1511 for Windows 10: laptop won't wake from sleep, will reboot

Right after the update 1511 for Windows 10 a problem appeared: the laptop (Asus UX305CA) does not wake from sleep properly. Instead of waking up, it hangs for about 20 seconds and then reboots. Upon reboot, there're no error messages. It happens every time
    the laptop is unplugged from the mains, for example:

1. If you put it to sleep when it's plugged in and wake later, everything is fine

2. If you put it to sleep when it's plugged in, unplug and wake, it will reboot

3. If you put it to sleep when it's plugged in, unplug, plug back in, it will reboot

4. If you put it to sleep when it's not plugged in and wake later, it will reboot

This was NOT happening any time before that update. I cannot roll back now because I have removed the "previous installation" which was taking 18 GB on my hard drive.

I have update all the drivers to the latest versions from my laptop manufacturer's website, the problem is still there. I have also run the Troubleshooter for power, it didn't help either.

I presume Microsoft has broken ACPI driver somewhere, or something. How to resolve this? Inability to sleep makes a laptop completely immobile.

4. philc43 Win User

Hello Allen and welcome to the Ten Forums *Smile

Have a look at the Power Options Advanced settings: Enter Edit power plan in the search box and then select Change advanced power settings.

Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself [​IMG]

Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself [​IMG]

Check the settings for sleep and make sure that you do not have sleep going into hibernate mode by setting the value to 0 minutes

Hope this helps!

philc43, Jan 26, 2016
  5. Azucho98 Win User
    Try disabling the "fast startup" and see if anything changes. Fast startup can be found in the power options.

Azucho98, Jan 26, 2016
  6. jok3r4u Win User
    I already disabled fast startup and the hibernation it set to never... *Sad

jok3r4u, Jan 26, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    I wonder if the Intel Management Engine driver is still to blame. Have you tried uninstalling and removing the ASUS provided drivers and rebooting to allow Microsoft to find and install its preferred driver? I have found that the default MS drivers often work best.

philc43, Jan 26, 2016
  8. jok3r4u Win User

I just uninstalled Intel Management Interface from Control Panel, and it's doing the same. Can't find any Intel Management related things in the Device Manager, so it't should be out of the system.

Anyhow, my lappy doesn't wake up properly from sleep, with or without that Intel Crap.

jok3r4u, Jan 26, 2016
  9. philc43 Win User
    I have found the following thread which seems to describe a similar situation:

https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...ot-issues.html

I would check to see if your SSD manufacturer has any power setting recommendations and then try the high performance power option for starters.

philc43, Jan 26, 2016
  10. jok3r4u Win User
    So, I couldn't find any specific settings for my SSD, and I'm already using performance profile...

Fudge you Microsoft!!

jok3r4u, Jan 27, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    Hi, have you checked your event log- is there a helpful report?

Is your PC listed as compatible with Win 10 by ASUS?

Do your BIOS or UEFI settings match your new drive?
    See this older thread:
    Windows 7 64 bit restarts after resuming from sleep mode Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please note from forum rules:
    General Rules:
    2) No useless posts, e.g., thread bumping, useless one liners, junk posting to increase post count, and identical multi-postings in different forums.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself - Similar Threads - Wake Sleep Laptop

2. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  3. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  4. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode: My Lenovo Legion 5 laptop restarts itself when I try to wake it from sleep. It doesn't happen every time. But it is really annoying. I updated my all drivers including bios, nothing helped. Fast startup also did not solve my problem. [ATTACH]...
  6. Laptop wakes itself up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wakes itself up from sleep: Hi, After putting my Dell XPS 13 9370 in sleep mode by closing the lid, it wakes up on its own after a random period of time from minutes to hours. I've taken a look at the event viewer and the culprit always seems to be a sequence of 3 events: Event 1 Log Name:...
  7. PC Continually Waking itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Continually Waking itself from sleep: I basically went into a tech coma for a year and didn't do anything with my computer. In that time, my teenage son devastated my computer. Multiple crashes and virus infestations. I thought I had it cleaned up, but I am having doubts. My computer is constantly waking itself...
  8. PC Continually Waking itself from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Continually Waking itself from sleep.: I basically went into a tech coma for a year and didn't do anything with my computer. In that time, my teenage son devastated my computer. Multiple crashes and virus infestations. I thought I had it cleaned up, but I am having doubts. My computer is constantly waking itself...
  9. Laptop keeps waking up from sleep by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps waking up from sleep by itself: After the latest update (1909 I think), my laptop keeps waking itself up from sleep and won’t go back to sleep. It does this no matter if I manually click sleep or shut the lid. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this? I have an MSI GS65 if that matters. submitted by...
  10. Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep: I have a huge problem with my ASUS laptop ( ROG G501JW ). I had unrelated problems with Windows 10 most likely caused by malware infection that had me use "Reset PC" option that basically performs fresh Windows 10 installation as far as settings go. After performing it I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop reboots when i try to wake from sleep

2. asus UX303L zenbook restarts on wake up from sleep 2019

3. dell optiplex 755 windows 10 reboots after awake from sleep

4. 3 monitor will reboots after sleep