Windows 10: Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off

Discus and support Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When pressing keyboard or mouse to wake from sleep as Ihave thousands of times in the past my case fans and lights turn on, keyboardand mouse lights... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by csherman7, Apr 1, 2021.

1. csherman7 Win User

Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off

When pressing keyboard or mouse to wake from sleep as Ihave thousands of times in the past my case fans and lights turn on, keyboardand mouse lights turn on momentarily but screen remains black and keyboardand mouse lights immediately turn off. None of the peripherals work and I amforced to manual shutdown via case power-button. This only happens after waking from sleep. However, a freshrestart will give me normal functionality. Problem started on 3/30/21.

I have found a short term solution that perplexes me.When reenabling "Hibernate" and using hibernate in lieu of sleep modeI am able to wake the computer and all peripherals and return to normaluse.

I have tried many "Power Options" adjustmentsas described in other posts about wake from sleep issues to no avail. My mainconcern is that I am running a slightly older machine 2013 with upgrades andthis might be the first signs of hardware issues. Any advice on what toreplace/repair or driver update to try would be greatly appreciated. Should I try a new PSU or New DDR3? Is this driver related? Any help would be great. I want to keep this machine running, it's my fist build and a cherished machine that's been a workhorse for me.

My specs are as follows:

Keyboard: Redragon K552
    Mouse: Redragon M711
    Monitor: 27” Curved Specter 144Hz

MB: Z87X-UD4H
    CPU: Intel i7 4770
    RAM: DDR3 8GBx2
    GPU: GTX 1050 TI
    PSU: CX600 80 Plus Bronze
    8TB HDD for plex media storage
    2TB HDD
    2TB SSD

:)

csherman7, Apr 1, 2021

2. Screens black after waking machine from sleep

I'm not exactly sure when this started happening but it's been at least a month:

I let my machine go to sleep and when I wake I can tell it's awake since the fans start and my keyboard lights up but both on my monitors stay asleep. At first I thought the machine kept crashing after waking up until I tried turning off one of the monitors
    and turning it back on. At that point I hear the new device connected sound and that monitor turns on. I have to turn off the other monitor as well before it also starts working.

Googling around for a solution all I can seem to find is people turning off Hybrid sleep with powercfg /h off
    but that does not seems to do anything for me. I have tried a clean install of my drivers and also looked through my bios settings but failed to find anything useful.

When I first installed Windows 10 on this machine it worked fine, only recently It it started doing this and I'm at a loss for a viable solution.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro v1607 (14373.222):

Nvidia 750 Ti with the latest as of now (373.06) with 2 DVI 1920x1200 monitors connected (nothing special).

Anthony Headley, Apr 1, 2021
  3. WylanWong Win User
    Computer does not wake up normally only after second sleep

Hi,

I have a new laptop (Mechrevo Code 01 R7) and the following issue has been bugging me - after turning on the computer, if I put it to sleep, it wakes up normally. Then when I put it back to sleep again (either right away or in an hour), the computer does
    not wake up normally and I must hard restart. A few observations:

• After the first sleep, I can wake it up with touchpad, mouse, or keyboard. After the second sleep, the keyboard back light, optical mouse, and cooling fans turn on as expected, but the display does not. Caps lock key does not function. It did not work to
      press the sleep keys (Fn + f2), Esc, power, or any key for that matter.

• When I put the computer to sleep for the second time, the screen flashes briefly into the screen protector picture before turning off. This does not happen when I put it to sleep for the first time.

• Unlike sleep, hibernation works fine. Hibernation also "resets the count" before the computer fails to wake from sleep, i.e. if I put it to sleep, then wake and hibernate, followed by waking and sleeping, the computer can wake up normally.

• I have tried everything I could find online so far, as well as resetting the computer to factory settings, to no avail.
    For now my workaround is to always use hibernation instead of sleep. It would, however, be nice if I could use sleep for a quick break and not have to hibernate every time I walk away. Thanks fo your help in advance.

Wylan

WylanWong, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

hi, thank you. I followed your advice but just worked for turn off and turn on and I am still encountering the screen not on after sleep. look forward to any further assistance for this screen not on after sleep. Thank you

SokthearithYi, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off

1. Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off - Similar Threads - Wake Sleep Turn

2. Fan is turned off when screen is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  3. Fan is turned off when screen is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  4. Sleep Issue. Fans won't turn off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep Issue. Fans won't turn off.: New build and most current update. If I put my computer to sleep using the start menu, everything works fine, fans and lights turn off. When my computer goes to sleep due to inactivity, all the fans and lights stay on. I had this issue with my kid's computer when I built it a...
  5. Turn off wake on lan

Turn off wake on lan: Can someone tell me how to turn of WOL becuase everynight my computers turns on at 5:55 AM and its getting annoying submitted by /u/Zylenlox69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kn9rqc/turn_off_wake_on_lan/
  6. Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.

Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.: Running an old ASRock motherboard with an AMD Phenom II processor. BIOS is updated, latest update of Windows 10, all updated drivers, etc. 2 fans plugged into a splitter to the fan header on my motherboard + 2 more plugged straight into my power supply + the cpu cooler fan...
  7. After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals

After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals: Turning the monitor off then on works submitted by /u/DovieUU [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hm8ou5/after_screen_turns_off_not_sleep_cant_turn/
  8. WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep: Hi! So a few months ago I got a new Windows 10 computer, but this issue started a while after. When I wake my computer from sleep, the WiFi for the entire house shuts off for up to 30 minutes. I’m using an ethernet cable. I’m not 100% sure, but I believe this problem...
  9. My computer won't wake up from sleep or turn off properly?

My computer won't wake up from sleep or turn off properly?: This has only started happening recently. it won't wake up from sleep or whenever you shut it down it never really shuts down, I have to give it a hard reset every time now. Any ideas on what could be the problem? thought I'd post it here as my hardware is all in good...
  10. Laptop abruptly turning off anytime after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop abruptly turning off anytime after waking up from sleep: I have a Dell Laptop. Model: LATITUDE E6540 Core i7 - 4th Generation 8GB RAM 500 GB Harddrive Intel HD Graphics 4600 graphics card AMD Radeon HD 8790M graphics card Direct X 12 Windows 10 Here is the problem description: Whenever I put my laptop on sleep mode for...