Windows 10: Wake on LAN ... BIOS or the network adaptor ??

Discus and support Wake on LAN ... BIOS or the network adaptor ?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 HP-Compaq 8200 SFF and none of them will do the WAKE ON LAN ! DON'T tell me some settings in Windows or network adaptor ... been there, done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by keldsor, Sep 30, 2020.

1. keldsor Win User

Wake on LAN ... BIOS or the network adaptor ??

I have 2 HP-Compaq 8200 SFF and none of them will do the WAKE ON LAN !

DON'T tell me some settings in Windows or network adaptor ... been there, done that

AND

I have doen what is posible in the BIOS too ... still no luck !

Can I just get a network adaptor that I know CAN ... I have some other machines which CAN do the Wake On LAN.

OR

Is it in fact the BIOS that is the bottleneck ?

:)

keldsor, Sep 30, 2020

2. Wake On LAN is Not Working

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10:

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a wired Ethernet connection and the laptop is connected to the same router via a wireless connection
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives "magic" wake-up packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens and it doesn't respond to the wake-up packet

Any suggestions of what I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

chuckcobb3, Sep 30, 2020
  3. chuckc3 Win User
    Wake on LAN Not Working in Windows 10

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • My desktop computer is connected with a wired Ethernet connection
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives magic packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,

chuckc3, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Wake on LAN ... BIOS or the network adaptor ??

Network adaptor

I won't click Me Too because not sure it's identical.

NB: apparently for some problems going to Network Adaptor in Device Mgr and doing UnInstall is step 1.

Reboot re-installs it auto-magically. Which is step 2.

Alas, I ended up with Driver up to date, Adaptor working fine, but
    "Missing Protocol"
    which halts cable network

So no LAN.

BernardBenTremblay, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Wake on LAN ... BIOS or the network adaptor ??

1. Wake on LAN ... BIOS or the network adaptor ?? - Similar Threads - Wake LAN BIOS

2. Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake On Lan: How can I setup Wake On Lan on Windows 10 laptop if ther's no Power Management in Bios? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-on-lan/c5b639cf-5783-4d91-8e80-f29ceb966ec9
  3. Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake On Lan: Hello so i recently strated a school project that involves Wake on lan and i managed to get tho pc to turn on but not off so i asked for help on github and was told to follow this tutorial...
  4. Network adaptor

Network adaptor: Hello i am trying to reinstall my network adpotor for my windows 10 pc. I just got this pc and i was trying to figure out why i could not connect to internet when i Deleted my network adpotor. When ever i try to do a hardware scan it does not pop up again. Please someone...
  5. Wake on Lan

Wake on Lan: Hi everyone. I have a Chatreey AN1 AMD Ryzen R3 Mini PC with a Realtek NiC. Windows 10 is installed. I can't for the life of me get it to wake on LAN. There are no LEDs in the NIC when the device is off. Should there be blinking LEDs? I've updated the drivers, turned on...
  6. Wake on LAN ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake on LAN ???: What setting do I need to change when this WakeOnLAN ONLY works if the pc to be started via LAN is cut of from power ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-on-lan/7f39da08-e6f1-410a-afd8-0c598be75319
  7. Wake On Lan

Wake On Lan: I'm having issues setting up Wake on Lan on my PC and have no idea why at this point. I had it working on Windows 7 but since i upgraded it a few months back I've not managed to get it working again. I've followed the instructs, turned the wake on lan function on in network...
  8. Wake on LAN

Wake on LAN: I am trying to set Wake On LAN up. Specs are router Nighthawk R7000 motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING Not sure if other specs are needed? process Switched Power On By PCI-E/PCI on in the bios turned Wake on magic packet enabled Checked with wireshark that...
  9. LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10

LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10: Hi all, I did a silly thing and now both my LAN and Wireless Network adaptors are not working. On both I have the following 'device status' "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device Code 56." Using a second laptop, I've downloaded and installed...
  10. Wake on Lan

Wake on Lan: Can't get computer to wake from master computer,worked perfect when windows 7 was on remote local computer? I'm I missing something in a setup. 42469