Windows 10: Wake on Lan broken WOL

Discus and support Wake on Lan broken WOL in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,Since some weeks, Wake On Lan is not working any more on a lot of Windows 10 et 11 devices.I rechecked every parameters and driver version without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ALCelo46, Jun 24, 2022.

1. ALCelo46 Win User

Wake on Lan broken WOL

Hi,Since some weeks, Wake On Lan is not working any more on a lot of Windows 10 et 11 devices.I rechecked every parameters and driver version without success.On a booted windows, I can confirm that the magic packet is received. Any advice is welcome.Thanks

:)

ALCelo46, Jun 24, 2022

2. WOL Wake on Lan not working after upgrade from windows 8.1

Hi Chris and Jessen P,

The setting for the soft off S5 state if your bios supports it:

Look at this artikel:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa373229(v=vs.85).aspx

It claims:

"Wake-on-LAN behavior

The wake-on-LAN (WOL) feature wakes the computer from a low power state when a network adapter detects a WOL event (typically, a specially constructed Ethernet packet).

The default shutdown behavior puts the system into hybrid shutdown (S4) and all devices are put into D3. Remote wake from hybrid shutdown (S4) or classic shutdown (S5) is completely unsupported. NICs are explicitly not armed for
    wake in both the classic shutdown (S5) and hybrid shutdown (S4) cases because users expect zero power consumption and battery drain in the shutdown state. This behavior removes the possibility of spurious wakes when explicit shutdown was requested.
    As a result, Wake-On-LAN is only ever supported from sleep (S3) or hibernate (S4).

Hybrid shutdown (S4) stops user sessions but the contents of kernel sessions are written to hard disk. This enables faster boot. "

But that is not true:

1. Update your driver from the vendor site

2. If you have the option to enable wake on link you can shut your pc down and wake it by WOL.

3. Standy and hibernation should work if you apply the settings of Jessen P.

Wake on Lan broken WOL d3adfe94-ecd4-470b-b1f0-4bf9227d84a4.png

Hope this helps you or someone else.

Kind regards,

isee2it.nl

Martijn Kamminga, Jun 24, 2022
  3. How to Wake-on-Lan (WOL) from hibernation over WiFi?

Hi ,chahnjung welcome to Ten Forums.

My experience with WOL has mostly been limited to disabling the feature in every possible way in order to troubleshoot PCs that magically wake up without reason.

As far as I know, your main hurdle will be found in the properties dialogue box on your network card. Check the Power Management tab first to see if you have ability to set WOL/WoWLAN or wake on magic packet and set to enabled. For your first attempts, I'd suggest only enabling the wake feature and do not set wake on magic packet.

Wake on Lan broken WOL [​IMG]

I'm not certain that you will be able to wake from hibernation, you may have to use sleep instead. I would suggest first attempting to wake from sleep using the following app, or similar of which there are others that claim to perform the same function. After successfully waking from sleep, you might attempt waking from hibernation though I doubt the network card will be capable.

Mocha WOL on the App Store

If the process above does not provide satisfactory results, you might explore using magic packets to wake. I have no experience using magic packets. If you go this route, don't forget to enable the feature in both the Power Management tab and the Advanced tab in the properties of your WLAN card. Reading the specs of the app linked above, I'm not certain if the app uses WOL/WoWLAN or wake on magic packet. Still worth attempting both. *Smile

Wake on Lan broken WOL [​IMG]

This site defines using magic packets.

windows - What is a "Magic Packet" for waking a computer? - Super User

As @steve108 mentioned, you should verify the wake options in your bios before proceeding. With my MSI laptop, the only wake options setting in the bios is for 'wake up on LAN S5 support'. Although the option is included in the bios settings, this does not confirm all of the hardware components are capable. Keep that in mind while you're testing this process.

This explains the different sleep states.

Sleep States Available on your Windows 10 PC

W10 Tweaker, Jun 24, 2022
  4. Wake on Lan broken WOL

Wake on lan- WOL not showing in network advanced option

I have b-360 prime mother board and WOL absolutely not showing in network setting and also power management is not showing I tried everything I went to BIOS and enabled PCI-E/PCI

and disabled fast startup and my operating system is windows 10 OS build 19041.508 I don't know why I can't find wake on LAN or power management

SaifAlromaithi, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

Wake on Lan broken WOL

1. Wake on Lan broken WOL - Similar Threads - Wake Lan broken

2. Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN: My W10 machine has had Wake on LAN WoL working perfectly for over two years. Recently however, one of the Windows updates has stopped it from working.To be perfectly clear, the BIOS settings haven’t been changed, the network adapter driver hasn’t been updated, nor has any of...
  3. Wake on Lan broken WOL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake on Lan broken WOL: Hi,Since some weeks, Wake On Lan is not working any more on a lot of Windows 10 et 11 devices.I rechecked every parameters and driver version without success.On a booted windows, I can confirm that the magic packet is received. Any advice is welcome.Thanks...
  4. Wake on Lan broken WOL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wake on Lan broken WOL: Hi,Since some weeks, Wake On Lan is not working any more on a lot of Windows 10 et 11 devices.I rechecked every parameters and driver version without success.On a booted windows, I can confirm that the magic packet is received. Any advice is welcome.Thanks...
  5. Wake on LAN WoL Randomly Waking PC During Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake on LAN WoL Randomly Waking PC During Sleep: Hello, I was wondering if someone here could help me out with a network-related problem, please? I am trying to use WoL to access my computer when I am away from my desktop, but my desktop cannot stay asleep because it keeps randomly being woken up by my network card, an...
  6. How to Wake-on-Lan (WOL) over WiFi? (Preferably using iPhone)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Wake-on-Lan (WOL) over WiFi? (Preferably using iPhone): submitted by /u/jamesx413 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwsrwk/how_to_wakeonlan_wol_over_wifi_preferably_using/
  7. How to Wake-on-Lan (WOL) from hibernation over WiFi?

How to Wake-on-Lan (WOL) from hibernation over WiFi?: I am using a ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 Gaming Laptop, connected to an external monitor. I would like to set my computer to hibernate when I am not using it. However, I have my laptop and an external fan on a vertical dock with the lid closed. Is there a way to wake my computer...
  8. Wake on lan- WOL not showing in network advanced option

Wake on lan- WOL not showing in network advanced option: I have b-360 prime mother board and WOL absolutely not showing in network setting and also power management is not showing I tried everything I went to BIOS and enabled PCI-E/PCI and disabled fast startup and my operating system is windows 10 OS build 19041.508 I don't know...
  9. Does Wake on LAN (WOL) signal reset the sleep timer in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Wake on LAN (WOL) signal reset the sleep timer in Windows 10?: I have a Windows 10 machine acting as a file server that is set to sleep after three hours. If I send a Wake on Lan (WOL) signal after two hours and fifty-five minutes, will that reset the sleep time, or will the machine still shut down in five more minutes? submitted by...
  10. Wake on Lan (WOL) does not work when the lid is closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wake on Lan (WOL) does not work when the lid is closed: I met problem when configuring wake on lan. After enabling wake on lan in BIOS and in network adapter settings, I was able to wake my computer from sleep. But the problem is my laptop won't wake up when the lid is closed. That is to say: When I manually sleep my computer...